Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2010 Milford GTG 5/13/10 -5/16/10
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bummer Frowner it looks like I have to be back in Maryland May 8 to 14 for FEMA training sooo we will try for Fri night late or Sat am.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Lou, the following press release will be in the local Milford newspaper.

THE BARTHS ARE BACK

….Or they will be. Registration is underway at the Elkhart County Campgrounds for a rally of Barth owners who will gather May 13th thru the 16th this spring. Organizers hope to have 20 or more Barths of all models sign up for this much-anticipated gathering. Barth RVs were manufactured in Milford, Indiana from 1963 to 1998, and are considered to be one of the better-made RV brands of all time.

“We want folks who worked at the Barth factory to know that we appreciate the great coaches and trailers they produced, many of which are still in operation today,” said Bill Napolitano, leader of “www.Barthmobile.com”, a website that boasts over 1,800 members today.

Nick Cagle, organizer for the event, will be driving up with his wife, Donna, from Appling, Georgia, and says he expects a full-house. “We can’t wait to make the trip and look forward to meeting those who worked on our Barths so we can say “Thanks” to them in person.

Anyone living in the Milford, Indiana area who worked at the Barth factory or is directly related to someone who did is invited to pay a visit to the Elkhart County Fairgrounds on Saturday, May 15, 2010 at noon so Barthers can introduce themselves and welcome them to the event. “No one need prepare any speeches, but we’d sure like to get to know these folks and thank them for a job well done,” said Cagle. “And we’ll treat them to a lunch to show our gratitude, “he said. We would love for anyone to bring original pictures or literature that they may have of the factory or the Barths.

Cagle has reserved sites 457 to 476 for Barth owner registration, and if there is an overflow of attendees there will be a designated area for those who didn’t make their reservations in time. “We have comments made on our website all the time about just how much owners appreciate the quality of their Barths,” said Cagle. “And to think we can all get together near the original site of the factory and perhaps meet some of the folks who produced them has generated quite a lot of excitement among Barth owners for this event,” he said.

Cagle is asking that anyone who had worked at the Barth factory let him know through another Barthmobile.com member, Lou Thierwechter of Allegan, Michigan, that they will be able to attend the gathering. Lou will compile a list of contact information for these folks and make sure they receive any updated information about the get-together prior to the event. Lou can be reached at 269-673-2874, or by mail, at PO Box 547, Allegan, MI 49010.

(end of press release)

We currently have 13 coaches with reservations and only 3 months til the GTG. Make your reservations today.

I hope to see you there.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
So Nick ? What are we feeding the masses that will show up? Confused Eeker hmm bARTh is what I will have on my tee shirt

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sloop John B:
So Nick ? What are we feeding the masses that will show up? Confused Eeker hmm bARTh is what I will have on my tee shirt
Probably hamburgers and hot dogs. Anybody got any other suggestions.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Burgers and dogs sound good Nick.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Burgers and dogs is what it will be.

I am good for two packs of dogs and buns and crock pot full of baked beans.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Would be nice if someone could make (or buy) some potato salad, and others could bring chips and condiments.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Helen will be happy to make potato salad. We would also like to cook a meal for the group if you guys are planning meals.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel with M&G Car Brake

Posts: 374 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Billy, thank Helen for her offer to make tater salad, I will check with Nick and see what nite would be best for your kind offer of diner for the crowd.

Mary

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I can also make potato salad, and maybe some gazpacho, and/or bring some fresh shrimp.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Rusty, your offer of tater salad is also accepted, Nick says we should have (counting us) 50 to 75 people for lunch that Saturday. Anything else that you would like to bring would be appreciated also. Patch is going to bring a Deli type sandwich as hamburgers and hot dogs are not liked by all.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
We will put the Barth in the Body Shop in a week or so and if should be back 4 weeks later with the damage from the Florida GTG and The Nashville trip repaired and, if there is any money left, a new floor from bath to cockpit ! Tooling Along

Got an email from the Wilson's yesterday and they have signed up for Milford. Check out the posting in Barth Sightings ! Thumbs Up

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.