Tools
Reply To This Topic

2010 Milford GTG 5/13/10 -5/16/10
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
So it is, an advantage of having a dual personality; we both went.

Fixed...Wink

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
Greg,

Here's the floor plan
thanxs a few similaries between yours and mine,beds in the same area,bathrooms at the back,but our shower stall on opposite side,sink and toilet are up against back wall,our closet where your shower,tub is.refrig in ours beside stove top,table(bed)across from stove and sink ,does yours have aluminum skin under floor where it sets on the frame?motorhome has it underneath except for rear wheel wells (steel) and under driver and pass. seat. i could about polish the underneath,lol Big Grin

Posts: 73 | Location: mosquito valley ohio(west central ohio) | Member Since: 12-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
And here's a view from the back

Yea, we did have the oldest there. At the cookout I got to talk to Roy, who was there when our trailer was built.

Wm.
thats cool on roy,wonder if he was around there when mine was assembled?,ive yet to see any that look the same as front end of mine

polishing pays off {not quite done yet)

Posts: 73 | Location: mosquito valley ohio(west central ohio) | Member Since: 12-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
You are most welcome Nick. (I am getting off easy here as that is supposed to be 20 years in the wood but Due to the crappy economy....hope you enjoy the scotch! Smiler) For the record, Nick refered to me as gentleman and a schoular when I gave him the bottle.. I have never been so insulted in all my life! Big Grin

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Jim and Terri,
We had a graduation of our grand daughter to go to in North Caroline or we would have been to the GTG in Milford, Indiana.Carl feels bad since he could not claim to be the oldest %&*#@* at the GTG. He said he knew Tom missed his short and long stories!!LOL ..........Betty

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The more pictures that I look at, (Thanks Patch & Stinky) the more I realize that I was not there. Yeah, you might have a picture of me at the Barth Factory...

... but, it appears, based on all available photo evidence, that only my Barth wandered into the fairgrounds.

So, how about it. We had 17 coaches at this GTG. Does anyone have proof, in picture form, that I was really there?

I remember taking a picture of Judy while she snapped a shot of me. Perhaps Judy might have proof? Wink

I guess what I'm really saying is... It's been a week, where are all of the other photos at? hmm

If you can't upload em here, please send them to bill_ny@barthmobile.com and I'll get em up. Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Well, the evidence is in.....

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
So is that an official GTG shirt on Bill? I haven't noticed one in any of the pix yet.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
So is that an official GTG shirt on Bill? I haven't noticed one in any of the pix yet.
Thanks to StinkyDaddy, we were all wearing them Thumbs Up

Here is the back side image of this shirt as worn by Tere.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Let's give credit where credit is due.

Many people have thanked me for hosting the Milford GTG. I am very appreciative and would like to thank everyone for their kind comments. Truthfully about all I can take credit for is the idea to have this GTG and invite the former employees. Now let's give the credit to those that really made this happen.

First and foremost "Lou" was the man on the front line and was responsible for all contacts and communications with the former employees. He gathered the names, sent out the invitations, received the RSVP's, and furnished entertainment and PA equipment for the event. Lou was also the front man with the local news organizations that wrote stories about the GTG.

"Stinkydaddy" designed and had the invitations printed. He also designed and printed the t-shirts, which I will add were one of the great hits of the GTG. Even all the former employees wanted one. Stinkydaddy says it's not to late to get yours. Send him a PM.

"Sloop John B" furnished the grill large enough to handle this crowd and also did all the chef duties at the grill on Saturday. He also fired it up and we all cooked lunch on it again Sunday. And by the way, for all you backyard chefs, Sloop designed and built that grill.

"Kris and Tina" Jones furnished the 20x30 tent that we used Saturday and it gave the whole event an atmosphere of planning and professionalism. And to all the strong backs that figured out how to raise the tent.

"Patch" and "Rusty" planned, arranged for, and furnished the Half Cord of firewood that we attempted to burn up in about 4 days. And Lee our new Firemaster, Tere, did an excellent job of maintaining 3 fires to have flames of equal heights.

So many members pitched in with the food and preparation for the meal Saturday that I would surely miss someone important if I try to list them so YOU ALL have my thanks.

"BillyT and Helen", who fed the entire crowd Friday night a delicious Cajun dinner.

And finally, Mary Ray just for the effort to be there.

So with help like this any time you need a "host", I'll be glad to serve in that capacity. And No, I am not going to share the 18 year old Glenlivet.

Thanks to everyone for making this happen.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
And Lee our new Firemaster, Tere, did an excellent job of maintaining 3 fires to have flames of equal heights.

THREE fires?? Eeker EQUAL height?? Eeker ......I tip my hat to the Maestro!
Obviously, my work here is done Frowner

Still hoping to read some anecdotal stories of conversations with the Barth employees.......
Who was the Biggest Cheese there?......Who worked there the longest?.........What were the circumstances surrounding the decline & closure?......Yada YaDa.......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
See what I told you, not even a mention... And you all thought I was understating this. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I feel a little out of place commenting about who is doing what, I fear that I might alienate someone who deserves credit for some aspect of this... I have honestly done nothing but update our website and contributed to a few discussions.
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Bill, none of this would be possible without you and what you've done for the site. Quit beating your head against the wall and just have a great time.
I don't lie, I might pull your leg a little. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I don't know who is doing what to pull this off but it sure seems to be going smoothly!!!
Thanks Nick for setting the record straight. Computer
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Thanks to everyone for making this happen.
Yes, thank you everybody. Thumbs Up A big thanks to Lou... And he doesn't even own a Barth. Well, at least not yet. Wink

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Lee not to worry with your new found fame as a designer/builder of retro 1 wheel trailers. I like the design and see it as a platform for the vespa and the traveling grill cheers all who wander are not lost. Tooling Along

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Correction To those who deserve credit.

Bill NY brought 2 tents that we used along side the large tent. Thanks Bill Sorry

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bills two tents fit perfectly with the big tent and in the heat of the day the three were the reason the lunch last as long as it did without people being bothered by the sun

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post