Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2010 Milford GTG 5/13/10 -5/16/10
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/11
Picture of Scott and Debbie
posted Hide Post
what a fantastic showing! Glad to see the memorabilia from the factory. what a great opportunity to see the actual factory and signage!!
I may have had 1 too many tequila's but I think its thats a shelf life opportunity!!!
hope fun is had by all!!

Scotty

Posts: 46 | Location: virginia Beach va | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here is the cookout with the former employees. We estimate about 80 people were here... Stories were told, but names were changed to protect the guilty. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
We just got home from our first GTG and have to say it was great! I want to give a big thanks to Nick, Lou, Bill and everyone else that had a hand in putting this together as well as to all the former Barth employees that joined us. We met a lot of great people, got some good advice and help on some of the issues we are working through. Couldn't have asked for a better time.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Kris and I just arrived safe and sound. Benjamin is exhausted! Smiler A big thank you to all of you and all of your hard work! Nice to meet everyone and thanks again Nick, Lou, Sloo John B, and Bill N.Y.(who consisantly mentioned he had absolutely nothing to do with this gtg but we know better Big Grin } So nice to have a face to go with so many of the names on the site! When we retire, we will never miss a gtg! We wish Jeff and Joy could have made it...work sucks...they would have had fun. We will post pics (dangit, our keyboard broke and there is no way to enter the letter between o and q head bang }very soon! (no foolin this time}(cant do the other side of the parenthasees either}

edit to add the letter p

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Matthew and I arrived home safe and sound. Had a great time and really enjoyed meeting eveyone. Thanks to all for their work in setting the gtg up. AS the first voyage in the Barth it was a wonderful trip. Hats off to the former Barth employees for comming to the gtg and for building such fine coaches.
Doorman and son.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Okay, I've been to these GTG's before and I know that somewhere there are a lot of photos and some good tales to be had......so where 'ya hiding them?????

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We made it home about 11 last night.
The trip home was smooth, with the exception of Walker being car sick the whole way... you would not believe how many times an 11 yr old can throw up on a 12 hr trip.

The GTG was great, seeing the employees and talking to them was something we'll never forget.

Bill T can cook some good food, catfish in a red sauce over rice, super stuff.

We followed Kris and Tina to the RV Museum in our pickup, their little Barth can make a u turn alot of trucks can't do.

I'll load some pictures shortly.

Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Got back an hour ago... will post more pictures later... gotta spend some quality time with the family. I had a blast!!! Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Here's a pano view from the cookout with the employees.

This is another view from that side.

And looking at the other row of Barths.

I'll load more in a bit.
Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Got to my planned RON at KOA Bowling Green, KY. Weather was great except for some light rain around Indianapolis.

I had a great time, too! Thumbs Up

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
David and I made it to Indy and stopped over. We had rain from Goshen to Indy, got tired of it so we are in the motel resting up for the finish of the trip tomorrow.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Cloudy and I are home safe.... It took a little longer then we figgeered, but all is well... We got 9.5mpg which is wonderful, but it took three & a half gallons of oil... Thanks for the extra oil Lenny!!! We had a blast.... Nice meeting everyone!!!! Will post pics later, must eat....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of my Barth sitting in front of the former factory.

Of course... I like to do some touch up work.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Good shot Bill.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Jim & I arrived home today around 4pm. The kids & grands met us at the house with a new water heater. It made it 10 years that's 4 more than the warranty.

Jim & Dan are installing that as we speak(this is on the house not MH) Barth made it with flying colors. The cruise control died about two hours in yesterday. We stayed just north of lexington,ky last night at the kentucky horse camp ground state park. It was worth the stop. If you have any interest in horses or just a very nice inexpensive campground this is worth the stop.

Stinky Daddy I was worried about walker. I thought he over did the coffee thing. Don't know if that is what did it but I wouldn't be surprised.

We had a great time meeting new barthers, some of the Barth family & employees & just hanging out with friends.

I'm checking into the Bro Bridges, LA thing. I may make an executive decision & change that stay tuned.

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post