Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hillsborough River GTG, Fl. 2013
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I'm not quite a senior, nor a FLA resident so I paid full price. However, I can transfer it to someone with a lower rate. I think I lose 17.75 whenI cancel but like 10 if it gets transferred. Carl did all the talking last time and it went smooth.

I can hold it longer, see what is the consensus, I'm in for 134.40 at this point.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5188 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DougZ:
I don't think Steve VW and Mary Ray really exist. I have been waiting for years to meet them both. Big Grin

And this from a guy with an deceased icon/avatar named Chives? ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5188 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Oh Doug, you are very mistaken, I certainly do exist Wink, ask your Brother. Big Grin

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I'm a legend in my own mind.
Would you trust your Barth to this man?

"Now let's get this flux capacitor/connuter valve installed and be on our way!"
Have Barth, will travel soon.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
Could Jim and Barb fit in there?

Yep.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
If any one is still interested in attending, I will hold the reservation for site 38 for another week! After that I'll let it go. cheers

Early wet snow here already. 86Barth is ready to go, but I might spring for new steer tires before we go if it warms up a bit. Either way, I'm ready! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
If this doesn't make you long for Florida, nothing will. 25 degrees and windy last night. Lake effect snow and more on the way...

Don't tell me I have to shovel out the Barth. head bang

I WILL HOLD THE RESERVATION FOR SITE 38 UNTIL THURSDAY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT THE SITE!

Come and join me and the others in the warm sun!

Have Barth, will travel soon

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Steve, I-75 is still open & the weather is fine. Wink

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
A quick primer for the new folks at this years GTG. Although visiting with fellow Barth people is the main activity, there are other things available at the park. Miles of beautiful hiking trails that start right where we camp, bicycles for rent or bring your own, canoes for rent, a tram ride to an old fort, and much else to do.
Friday night is a visiting time, when we put out some edibles and libations, show off our Barths, and get to know new people. Saturday morning there will be a running event on the main park circle, so it may be closed to traffic for a while.
Our only scheduled event is the Saturday evening dinner and gift exchange. Dinner is potluck style, don't worry about feeding everyone yourself, but a passing dish is always nice. You can post here what you plan on making so others can see. The gift exchange is the kind where we draw numbers, #1 chooses a gift and unwraps it.#2 can take that gift away or choose another and unwrap it,#3 can take either of those or choose another, etc. When your gift is stolen, you choose another unwrapped gift. The MAIN RULE about gifts is that you are not to go out and buy anything for this. It can be a re-gift, something you made, something you no longer need, or just about anything as long as you don't buy it.
Each site has a fire circle, and we have 37 for campfire central, so firewood is always appreciated.
Looking forward to this years event and seeing all our old friends and making some new ones.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Liz was thinking about making a chicken/rice casserole dish. Thumbs Up

I will bring 2 wheelbarrow loads of "disposable wooden wheel chocks." ROTFLMAO

Now for those gifts... darn I got rid of that old carburetor...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Since the gift exchange seems to be the highlight of the weekend, Jan & I were wondering if anyone would be interested in having a silent auction on Friday night. All the proceeds will go to help defray the cost of this site. Maybe you have something nice that you would like to put up for auction while we nosh Friday evening. Let me know if there is any interest and Jan & I will get it set up.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Steve

How about site 38. Anybody contacted you about it?

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Danny Z mentioned you might want to swap sites? Check your PMs

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Good idea bro. Let's see if we can get some stuff to auction. Too bad Nick won't be here to sell ice cream for $10. Or so I've heard.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
38 is a primo site and I hope someone from our group gets it.

79 Barth Classic