Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Minnesnowta GTG Treasure Island RV Park Aug 13-15
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta GTG Treasure Island RV Park Aug 13-15
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
A couple coaches left on Thursday.

Cagles, Johns and VWs took the dinner boat cruise on the Mississippi. The Cajun caption took a liking to Nick and we got the captain's table in front! 3 hour ride downriver through the locks, past Red Wing. Prime rib dinner makes for a wonderful evening with friends. The high point of the GTG for me. Thumbs Up

Wifi is slow, pictures later.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5179 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I'm just sorry I have to work a while so some day I can be free to Tooling Along

It tore me up to leave after you all came that distance. Shrimp Etouffee can be a powerful influence. Glad the Captain took good care of Yall.

Thanks for making the trip. Next time maybe some place more picturesque but then we wouldn't have talked to the captain Thumbs Up

Thanks Kenny for entertaining us after a great potluck. I Kentuckian making Etouffee Thumbs Up and a few frosty beverages.

I will keep trying to win that Lottery so I can join you more often.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
A great time indeed. Liz and I boogied back through WI to MI Fri, home this morning. Great time! cheers

Wed afternoon/evening we had potluck dinner, tucked in between Cagles and Johns. Lots of food and drink and excellent entertainment! Thumbs Up

A master entertainer indeed.

I forgot to bring my camera for dinner onboard the river cruise head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5179 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Kazy and I had a real good time, so did Rehbien (our dog). I am so sorry we had to leave early, the river boat ride and prime rib supper would have been great. I really enjoyed meeting the Johns(Tom and Nancy),the Cagles (Nick and Donna, and Hank).I am so glad you decided to come up and meet us. It was great meeting Wally and Connie, Robin, Gary and Marlene. Also very nice to see Dana and Lynn again, along with Steve and Liz. Steve, did you notice how shiny my forhead was? you made a comment to me after I finished singing, and I didnt get it until the next day when I got home. So many things bounce off my forhead. Such a good time, and I can't wait to see you all again.
Kenny,Kazy and Rehbien (raybine)

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Hi all, We just got home and I can tell you if you had another GTG this weekend we would try our best to be there. We had a ball, You are really a great bunch of Barthers. Can't wait to see you all again. We really appreciated the hospitality and new friendships. Thanks again Tom and Nancy

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Looks like you guys had fun. Don't think I've ever seen Nick without something purple on...

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

This GTG truly was great fun. Connie and I really wish I hadn’t needed to run back to work and that we could have stayed longer.

Special thanks to Lynn and Dana for setting it up and to all our new hillbilly and flatlander friends for the great food, fun times and warm welcome into the Barth GTG world.

We both had a lot more fun than we’ve had in a very long time with engaging banter, tons of laughter, outstanding entertainment (with most of the lyrics), delicious regional delicacies and warm new friends. Smiler

After our first one last week , we know we’ll make more GTG’s. Tooling Along

I’ve got a few more photos to post but need to find Rusty’s last directions on sizing, compression and posting.

Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...3105162/m/8483955777

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Well after goofing off in Michigan for about a week, we are on our way home to Georgia. We came across the Upper Peninsula and down the west coast along Lake Michigan. Stopped and visited with Lou and Barb last night. We are in North Bend, Ohio tonight. About 600 more miles to go.

Now this coming from a redneck raised in Louisiana and living in Georgia. Michigan is one beautiful state. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit there.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
glad you got to see some of PURE MICHIGAN, Nick.
I too was in the UP a couple weeks ago. spent one night at a friend's beach home on the beautiful, sandy North shore of Lake Michigan.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Michigan is one beautiful state. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit there.

You do know that much of Michigan is Photoshopped? java

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
quote:
Michigan is one beautiful state. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit there.

You do know that much of Michigan is Photoshopped? java

But, I saw it on the internet. So, it must be real. nono

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Y'all come back in January Wink

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
We'll get home one of these days. Tonight in Maggie Valley, NC. About 200 miles from home so should be home early tomorrow afternoon.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Made it home about 3 this afternoon. Great trip. Really enjoyed the GTG. 3000.2 miles door to door.

Nick