Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2021
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
I'm going to be very optimistic and hope the Covid thing will be mostly behind us and no new disasters strike by next December, and announce the dates of the GTG at Hillsborough State Park near Tampa. I'm scheduling it for December10 - 13, giving us a full 2 weeks after Thanksgiving and a full 2 weeks before Christmas. I am reserving site 35 for myself, and sites 30 through 42, along with 75 and 76 and 51D are all within spittin' distance of us and the pavilion for dinner. Many of you have been to Hillsborough in the past and know what a nice park it is, and I'll get into that a little more later on, but for now I just want to give everybody the opportunity to make reservations, as the park will fill up very soon. You have to make your own reservations at https://floridastateparks.rese...L&parkId=281037#sr_a

Also site 37 is tent only. Hope to see all our old friends there and to make some new ones too!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
This is always a great event! I will check our (Liz's) schedule. If we will be in Florida by then we will certainly attend. I will find out soon, to be able to reserve a site in time. I have enjoyed the past events, looking forward to the next.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
No action on the Quartzite thread for over a week so thought I'd bump this back up in case any of you didn't see it the first time. Just went to the Reserxe site and the park is filling up fast! 35, 36, and 39 are the only sites left in our area. I hope some of the sites taken are Barth people but I haven't heard from anybody yet.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
I will speak to Helen and see if we are free to attend. I retired at the end of 2020 but she is still working at the shop until her 65th in October.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel with M&G Car Brake

Posts: 374 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
When I first posted this I was still in working man mode, thinking weekend only as I have for all these years of putting this together. Now that I'm semi-retired I don't really have to think that way anymore. Today I checked availability for Dec. 6 7 and 8 and found about half of the sites available. Now I'd like to know if this would be of interest to any of you.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
Hello All, I've reserved site 40. I'm really hoping to make it to this Rally in Dec. Hope to see you all there.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in for Florida GTG THIS YEAR HOPE MORE PEOPLE CAN MAKE IT

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

As much as I hoped to make it to the Hillsborough GTG I'm sorry to say I will not be attending. If anyone can use the site I reserved they are welcome to it. Hope you all have a great time.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looks like another off year for the GTG. Suzie and I will be there Friday afternoon, and hopefully Evan and Holly will show. Sometimes people have surprised us and showed up unannounced, so maybe we'llhave some more, but in any case the weather looks fantastic and we'll have a ton of fun.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Dave, .. Sorry ....sorry you can;t be there. I was looking forward, after all these years, to seeing you again. I hope I'll be able to take a day trip Tooling Along to visit Danny, Suzie and whomever shows up. cheers
Dick,

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We are minutes away from launch.
Steve, we will only be there till early afternoon Sunday, not sure when you'll be down here but probably better to skip Hillsborough and get to your "home". I'm off pretty much all next week so we'll see when a good time to get together will be.
Dick, if you come over Saturday we might be canoeing so just make yourself at home with Sammi til we get back.
High tomorrow of 84, nights in the 60s, but we'll persevere.

79 Barth Classic