Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Branson, Missouri
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/13
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
Kathy and I went to the Tulsa Boat and Travel show on Friday and talked to the Branson C of C rep there. He recommended the Compton Ridge Campground. It is also very handy to Silver Dollar City. Trip Advisor has some mixed reviews, either good or bad, most of the bad appear to be a few years ago. It is larger than Acorn Acres, has some concrete pads, a store and dining, if that is important. Has anyone stayed there before?

Here is their web page...

http://comptonridge.com/site.html

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Compton Ridge Campground looks like a great place. I am ready to sign up. Unless anyone else has an objection.... let's start making reservations starting 14 Feb. Everyone agree??

Fred & Cindy Cook
1990 32' Regency, Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
You mite consider Deer Run Campground which is a little further south on Rt 265 and closer to Silver Dollar City. They have a free trolly (not a Barth)to Silver Dollar City. We stayed at a resort close to Silver Dollar City in the fall of 2012. Plaese check the opening date of Silver Dollar City's spring season. We drove by this campground every day and but never went in. We also went past Compton and it seemed more commercial for what its worth, and still an easy drive into Branson.All who wander are not lost. Tooling Along

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Any consensus here? We're new to that area but it sounds good either way? looking forward to another GTG. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
Kathy called Deer Run Wednesday PM. They are closed for the season and are not answering their phone, so she left a message to call back. They never did. They have a website for their motel only, but no information for their campgrounds (site map, services, rates...nothing). There are no ratings out there in the ".com universe" either.
I think they just excluded themselves.

Compton Ridge looks like the place to go based upon proximity, amenities and ease of entry/exit. I will call them and get the ball rolling on Monday. I will tell them that we have 6-10 units coming, but everyone will need to make their own reservations. Fair enough?

Steve

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Great! thanks for checking, let us know what you hear from them. I'll make reservations promptly as soon as we get it locked down. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Compton Ridge it is! I will also make reservations as soon as things are set up. I am looking forward to this..... other than my own I have never seen another Barth in person.

Fred & Cook

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The people are just as interesting and varied as their coaches! cheers

Big Fun!!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
Ok, so I am putting up a short poll to see what kind of sites you prefer before I call Monday. I will ask about group discounts. Being completely new to this RV thing, we are relying on you to communicate your preferences, back-in, pull through, gravel, concrete, etc. Our Barth is really small, so it would fit anywhere.

Compton Ridge has basically four choices. their posted rates for each are:

Electric & Water
30 Amp Service, Water $33.00

Full Hook-up
30 amp, Cable, Gravel pads $37.00

Deluxe
Full Hookup & Concrete Pad. $39.50

Premier
Full hookup, 30 or 50 amp, Cable, Most are Pull Thrus. Large sites to accommodate 40-45 ft rigs. Concrete Pads. $43.00

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Steve

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We will be pulling the small trailer with motorcycle, so pull through Premier would be ideal. Others would work, though. Thanks for checking into this! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
I called Compton Ridge yesterday morning. Their "usual" person to handle groups was out with some medical problems at home. I got a call back this morning from the owner. He said that we would get a 15% discount for the group and that they would hold 10 spots in the same area of the main campgrounds. If we have more interested than that, be sure to call and reserve early so we may still be sited as a group.

When you call to make reservations, tell them that you are with the "Steve Griffin Group" so they know who you are. It would be best to call rather than using their on-line reservation system so they can identify the group and apply the discount up front. Their winter hours to man the phone are 9:00-10:AM and 5:00-6:00PM. The phone number is 417-338-2911.

They are having a fiddler's gathering in the campgrounds while we are there, so there will be random jam sessions going on. So if you play fiddle or have a guitar or banjo you can join if you like. They are sending a brochure which I will forward on to you after receipt.

Later-
Steve

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
What? Now we have a band at the GTG? (The "Steve Griffin Group?") Sweet! ROTFLMAO

I'll be calling to reserve by the end of the week. Thanks for getting this started. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:

I am getting my Barth ready to attend some GTGs, but the more I work on my Barth the more I want to fix her up. mechanic It is really habit forming. Big Grin Fix this; come up with new idea for this. Change this to that to make this better. Thumbs Up Then go to Barthmoble site and find more stuff to do with the Barth. Thumbs Up I wish I would have got started when Moby Dick was a minnow, but back then there was no Barths. hmm

Steve VW Posted 11-09-2012 07:58 AM:
Indeed it is! A beautiful coach for sure.
You are already in great danger of becoming a Barth junkie.. don't say we didn't warn you!

Like I said before: Don't say we didn't warn you! ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
I called just before 10 AM and left a voice mail to make a reservation. Hopefully they will call me back. We will see you in Branson!

Fred & Cindy Cook

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Our reservation is confirmed for 9-14 Sep for lot number 53. See you there!

Fred & Cindy Cook

Image edited for size and moved to the Barth Photobucket (where images should be) by Rusty deadhorse

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri