Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Branson, Missouri
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/13
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted
In the Florida GTG 2012 thread last month, there was some interest in a GTG at Branson, MO. Has that interest died a premature death? Branson is a couple hundred miles from us and would be a good introduction for us...being complete newcomers and novices at this "RV Thing", having bought that neat little toaster last month. We plan on making a trip or four over there this year anyway, for the first time not staying in a motel.

Branson is one of our favorite haunts for many years, lots to do and see.

Steve

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We'd be interested maybe in September?

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Genie & Josh
posted Hide Post
We may be interested if we get ours done in time.

Posts: 12 | Location: Northwest Ilinois | Member Since: 01-15-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Branson is only about 120 miles from our home.
Would love to see a gathering there. Believe everyone would enjoy Silver Dollar City and the shows at Branson. September would be a good time of the year.

Fred
1990 32' Regency, Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Rick & Marcia
posted Hide Post
We live in Wisconsin. We'd go!

Fall River, WI
Year:: 1985, 1985
Model:: 22-FP1 28-FP3
Length:: 22' 28'
Engine:: 454 Chevy 7.4 w/3 speed auto both coaches
Data Tag Number:: 8506 3225 22FP1 / 8504 3204 28FP3

For Wi and UW/Bucky fans please look at marciasparks.com

Posts: 96 | Location: Fall River, WI | Member Since: 10-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
The interest has not died but someone will have to take charge and plan the event. It is not difficult but does require some time. First thing is to pick a time and place to see who is interested. After you get an idea of when and what campground then you can call and see how to go about reserving a block of sites for the required number of people that you expect.

If you have any questions send me a PM and I will do what I can to help.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Liz and I are very interested in a Sep Branson event. If we had a bit more experience we would attempt to host. We've never been to Branson and we've only had the Barth for 2 years, so we're not experienced with the area or the hosting.

If some one knows of a good campground, has experience there, let us know. It would be great to see more Barth folks. cheers

The April choo choo GTG is shaping up nicely... 9 so far! Let's not forget Black Hills in June, oh boy! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I think the fall is the time for this GTG. We might consider heading that way.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
Kathy and I are very familiar with the Branson area, attractions and activities having visited many times over the past several years. My first time was probably 1965.

However, we just bought our first ever Barth and first ever RV of any kind last month, so we have no exposure to any of the campgrounds in the Branson area (or anywhere else for that matter). That said, if anyone has a favorite place please let us know what and where. Tripadvisor.com has a few good ratings, those being Acorn Acres, Stagecoach and Cooper Creek. Acorn Acres is handiest to Silver Dollar City, Stagecoach is handy to Table Rock Lake and Cooper Creek is on Lake Taneycomo just east of Branson.

The first half of September would be best for us also, since we plan on going to the Black Hills GTG in June and to Big Bend/Carlsbad Caverns in October. We will be going over to Branson beginning in April, so we will be trying out the RV parks there, but too late to help with the sheduling of this particular GTG.

We wouldn't mind trying to help with calls and such, but are really green to the process and may be worse than no help at all...

Steve

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Steve...
Cindy and I live about 110 miles from Branson. Like you... we are also new to RV's having buying our first one about 8 months ago. We have been to Branson a few times, but stayed in hotels. I recommend that we say closer to Silver Dollar City, which really is not too far from all the shows. Also recommed that we do this the week after Labor day to avoid huge crowds. I am willing to assist in some way.

Fred & Cindy Cook
1990 32' Regency, Cummins

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The week after Labor Day would be great for Liz and I.

We've never been to the area, I'm sure any of the locations would be fine for us! Let's make this happen! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
Here is a suggestion for this one.

September 11, 12, 13, 14? That is Wednesday through Friday or Saturday, the week AFTER Labor (not the week OF Labor Day).

Silver Dollar City is closed after Labor Day during the week until September 12, when they start their Fall Harvest Festival. This is a family oriented theme park. They have some roller coasters and other rides, but unlike more traditional "amusement" parks, they have music shows, craftsmen demonstrations and a variety of shops. See the attached:

http://festivals.bransonsilver...n/default.aspx?id=11

The closest RV park to SDC with high user ratings is Acorn Acres. I have not called them yet, but can when there is some consensus on the schedule. Here is their website:

http://www.bestbransonrvpark.com/

There is a huge variety of entertainment in the Branson area...music, comedy, nostalgia, dinner shows, go-carts, ziplines, museums, etc. Show tickets are available all around the area and on-line.

Table Rock Lake (above the Corp of Eng dam) and Lake Taneycomo (below the dam) are nearby. There is a showboat that has dinner cruises on Table Rock Lake.

The whole area is a scenic drive. Traffic through Branson on Hwy 76 can be very congested at times, but they have several bypass routes which allow easy access around the area once you find them and figure out where they go.

What are your thoughts?

Steve

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Liz and I are very interested in this event. Count us in for those dates. We've never been to the area and had already considered visiting. Looking forward to it. Thanks Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Steve
Those dates look good for Cindy and I. Also, I want to mention that Marvel Cave is a part of Silver Dollar City... with hourly tours. Goes down over 500 feet.

Fred & Cindy
1990 32' Regency, 8.3 Cummins

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
While on the journey from CA to Lou's hone in Michigan, we stopped at Fantastic Caverns which is not far from Branson. America's only ride thru caverns. There is a large room they call the auditorium which was a speakeasy during Prohibition and later a place for weekend entertainment. Buck Owen and the Presleys, who went on to start an entertainment venue in Branson, performed in the cavern before becoming big time. You ride thru on a jeep pulled tram.

http://www.fantasticcaverns.com/

I will add that the intersection you turn on to get to the place is narrow and drops off to oblivion on all four corners. It was the tightest my butt was the whole journey.
Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post