Tools
Reply To This Topic

Branson, Missouri
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You're killing me, man. (How much did it cost to get your Barth to Hawaii?) ROTFLMAO

We got six inches of snow (again) last night.

We'll get the reservations for Branson real soon.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
SteveVW just think if you would have had the possible drifting from the breeze Fred and Cindy where in, in thier picture. hmm

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Not much room for a Barth in Hawaii. The photo was taken last September (2012). Had a great time. Looking forward to a great time in Branson too.

Fred & Cindy Cook
1990 32' Regency, Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/13
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
Barthing in Hawaii would be a lot of dodging tour buses on narrow roads. But it wouldn't matter if your heater or air conditioner works, so you might not need a generator either! Just pick the island you like best.

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Just called Compton Ridge and made reservations for Sep 11-14. Oh boy, this is looking like a good year... Keys in Mar, Tenn GTG April, Black Hills GTG June, Branson GTG Sep, FLA GTG Dec. Thumbs Up cheers

Only a couple more days of shoveling and loading 86Barth and we're out of here.

Have Barth, will travel.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
If you come close to the corner of TN and KY on your way to the keys wave as you go by. Big Grin

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Steve, I just Googled Kalkaska and discovered that it is north of any civilized community that I know of (except Traverse City and 'civilized' may be a misnomer). My suggestion is that you spend your two months of the year, July and August, up there and the rest of the time Barthin' in southern climes. The Barth would love it.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Jim, I second your idea for Steve VW, only lack of money keeps me from doing it.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Don't get me started... (they say Kalkaska is only 2K away from Alaska!)

Early Monday morning we woke to north winds and 8 degrees.

Since they predicted a shift to south winds and temps reaching 30's by midnight, I climbed on the slippery icy Barth roof to shovel the snow. Started right up, moved it out into the driveway to start loading.

Sure enough, by midnight it rained all night. Roads were icy and flooded. The snow in the yard is still a foot deep.

I felt real proud of my effort this morning. At 35 degrees, the overnight rain had rinsed almost all the snow from the coach and the driveway was clear. Thumbs Up
By noon, the wind shifted north, temps are in 20's, roads are freezing and it is snowing gangbusters again. By dark we got another 6 inches and still coming! Tonight, temps in the teens! head bang
I guess you're not the only one trying to get me out of here... hide

I'll post some more depressing photos tomorrow... I haven't gone 100ft yet and I've had to shovel twice. wack

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Steve, I can imagine how you feel having lived in Montana, Wyoming, Wisconsin and Canada, however I was MUCH younger then and all that snow was fun. Smiler Take your time and be safe, The Keys will be there for you and what if you are day or so late. Big Grin Tooling Along

Mary

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hey don't get me wrong, I'm pumped just getting ready to blow off south! Cool

Jim, you're right. Next year we should leave much sooner. Thumbs Up

Along both ways, we'll see Barth folks. Thumbs Up

See you in April! cheers

Have Barth, will travel!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I am sad to say I just cancelled my reservation for this Branson GTG. head bang

I have conflicts with doctor appointments for my 2nd cataract surgery (got the first eye done Monday) There are limited time slots available and if I don't get it done then I'll have to wait another month.

Liz doesn't drive 86Barth, I'm not sure I want to drive that far with my one good eye anyway.

My apologies to Steve and the others, I will miss seeing you. Steve, I'm glad we got a chance to meet in SD. Hopefully we'll get another shot at Branson in the future. (Dang, I was hoping to make all the GTGs this year. Still looking good for Hocking Hills and Hillsborough, though.) Thumbs Up

Oh well, like the bumper sticker says, "stuff" happens.... wack

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Send me a bus ticket, I will drive 86Barth to Branson and back. Big Grin Tooling Along

Mary

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I'll send you the bus ticket if you pay for the gas! ROTFLMAO

(You're such a teaser) Big Grin

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/13
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Sorry you won't be able to make it. We were looking forward to seeing you and Liz again. We are leaving this weekend to go southeast into southern and central Arkansas first before heading to Branson. Good luck with the peeper fix!

Steve & Kathy

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post