Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2017 Barthtober GTG October 12-15
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
The end to another excellent GTG with the meeting of "new" people and seeing "new" Barth coaches.

Doorman has a large front yard and we had room for many more coaches. Had a good dinner last night (chicken, baked potato and salad) nice large fires and good conversation, doesn't get better than that.

Thanks to Kevin for buying my breakfast Friday and Duane88 bought it Saturday.

When is the next GTG?

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Glad everyone enjoyed the GTG and had safe trip home. Enjoyed the GTG. Homer was a great co host. Duane, You first statement when we met "What a neat little town." Made my day. I know Homer and I are Proud of are little village. All of the great comments you guys and gals had to say about Spring Valley make me that much more proud of it.

Thanks to all for coming. cheers

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
You and Homer have every reason to be proud of your little village that is full of character, definitely not cookie cutter type village.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Kevin, you must elevate your thinking, back to Mass for you!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Homer, BTW an old gravel road does not a "paved place to park make" it is a good place to fix a Barth and the help was fantastic!! Thanks all!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post

The street was closed in expectation of many Barthmobiles arriving.

I suspect all the people were as the Sauerkraut Festival.

The attendance roster for the 2017 Barthober was: (in alphabetical order)
*Ben (benebob)
*Craig (Doorman)
*Doug (Homer)
*Duane (Duane88)
*Kevin (Kevin) [me]
*Mary (Mary Ray)

It was warm dry and a fun time for all in attendance. Thank you to Craig and Doug, also in alphabetical order.
Let the Barthmobiles take Spring Valley over in 2018, at least for a few days.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
But, there is always a BUTT! I ran along about an hour, and hit a massive traffic jam, had to stop at a fast rate, and go along 1 or 2 mpg, the whole thing was hot, and it vapor locked,

Well you do realize had you been going 75 you probably would have beaten the slow down. Pretty sure I tracked down my oil leak when I got home. I think I have a leak from my intake so this winter I'll drive it out and have you fix that when you do my valve covers. Still trying to figure out possible places we can take it for a rocky ski trip for my daughter.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Benebob, I think Snowbird in Salt Lake city, is the place you ought to be, I am curious how a Barth doing 75 MPH would handle that canyon road to the resort,,,,let me know!!! Iowa is on the way, I live 25 miles north of I80....

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
It sounds like both of you members should stay in Fontana Dam. Fontana Dam has camping right on the river. Nearby is
The tail of the Dragon a great place to test your driving and handling skills.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well, we missed a great event we had hoped to attend. Frowner

However, my hunch was correct. I brought the coach to the shop for routine oil and grease but also check everything over, especially the air system.

Sure enough, both rear air bags were showing leaks. One rear axle seal was leaking, it will be replaced. Also rear brakes both sides.

The engine preheat system has never worked and it does now.

I told them to go over front bags and brakes and be picky. I will post details in another thread.

Now I will have new tires, balancers, brakes, air bags and shocks. Good to go for a long time. See you at Hillsborough in Dec. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
This would have been the weekend for Barthtober GTG. Hoping next year to have a GTG. Our club did hold the 71rst Devel Staircase Hillclimb last Sunday. Had a great turn out for it. Have missed not seeing folks at GTG. Hopefully next year will be better. Everyone stay safe. Craig and Vicki

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hope next year you do have that GTG, was my first one. Had a great time!!! Doorman was my hero, solved my fuel starvation issue!!

P30 chassis
350 engine