Reply To This Topic

2017 Barthtober GTG October 12-15
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doriste:
Be there on Thursday too if all goes well. Is a metaldetector ok to bring? Not for the beer cans LOL

Any find requires a 50/50 split. cheers
Needed one last year when I had no keys when the GTG was over. With the not quite sober crowd that will be there tomorrow the treasure hunt might go well.

Will be good to see you two. Spent today down there setting up for tomorrows Hillclimb.This one day event supports our club for the next year. This will be the clubs 68th year holding the climb. My first time going to the climb was 40 years ago.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Not going to make it. My dad is in the hospital.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Was looking forward to seeing you two, hope your father is doing better.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weather is beautiful. The sun is shining and no rain in sight until Sunday evening.

Posts: 20 | Location: Spring Valley, OH | Member Since: 11-29-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
How low are the temps expected to get? I still haven't figured out why our furnace won't fire on battery power. Am assuming the batteries just have too much voltage drop but they test pretty good.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Temps will be in the 80's by Saturday, high 70's Friday. It should not be too cold at night. 50's - 60's by the water. It is 71 now at 4 pm.

Posts: 20 | Location: Spring Valley, OH | Member Since: 11-29-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The small propane heaters that run on a green
propane cylinder like a solder torch, or portable gas grill work great with adequate ventilation, and are inexpensive.

posted Hide Post
Barthtober will be held in Spring Valley Ohio due to wet conditions at the Oregonia site. We have plenty of room, and a nice paved place to park and visit. New Address: 104 Glady Street, Spring Valley, OH 45370. We can provide 110 electric.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
The 25 gave out about an hour from the gtg. Hope to make it tomorrow, is there an auto parts store close?

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It appears the Monarch did not want to go. I went to get fuel and propane on Wed to prepare for Thurs departure. After I shut down at the propane shop the attendant said he could hear air leaking.

When I got back home I checked and there is indeed air leaking but the sound we heard was air feeding from one tank to the other through the Pressure Regulator check valve, not leaking out there but somewhere else. The leakdown rate is higher than before...

Not wanting to go 450 miles to find my suspension and brakes don't work, I began inspecting/documenting my air system. I know the least about this system than any other. What components are used, what they do, where they are located, etc. In 2011 a level control valve was replaced so I have a part # for that.

It appears the leakdown is not related to brake function, leakdown below 65 psi is minimal as before. The suspension is the culprit. Air bags, level control valves, regulator valves, dump valves or associated line fittings must be leaking somewhere.

I have located the components in the front. Unfortunately they are similar, but not the same as the ones described here on the site. I have a general idea of what all the components do but part numbers and some locations are still unknown. I can not get to the rear components easily.

I was planning to get oil changed and grease job next week anyway. Since the suspension is actually a 95 chassis and the air bags are OEM I will have them all replaced and all air components checked for leakage.

I called Spartan and was a bit disappointed in how little info they have. They can trace individual part #s and order them but schematics, diagrams, manuals, etc are not available.

to be continued:

Really miss seeing all of the people in Ohio. I had a great time last year. Take care all, have a good time.

Have Barth, will travel (again, soon) Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Steve
I have had the same problem with our coach. I took it to a garage in Labelle and they serviced the coach and replaced some splitter valves that send air to the suspension system. It was an easy fix and as they told me those parts wear out with age. Good luck with yours and see at the Dec GTG.
WE are driving 20 year old Coaches and like us things wear out.

Ed

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to like my '74 Class C more and more! Why? Because it is simple to take care of. Matches my abilities almost perfectly. Certainly admire folks like Steve, and Kevin, and Gary, and Ed and so many others. They are really smart guys Smiler

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Great fun, left in the wee hours this am to make it home for the Steelers game. Thank you everyone for making a fabulous weekend. We will be back!

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
So I am back in Iowa as is the Barth. Sure was a blast meeting all the folks.

Benenbob has made my list again....Telling me he runs his at 70+ mph, I thought geez I can too!! So it was wonderful, plenty of power and the handling was acceptable. But, there is always a BUTT! I ran along about an hour, and hit a massive traffic jam, had to stop at a fast rate, and go along 1 or 2 mpg, the whole thing was hot, and it vapor locked, I pulled over and in this 60F weather it cooled off in 10 minutes I turn it on and electric fuel clicked for a minute and shut off. Fired back up and all was well! As the strong wind would allow ran between 60-70 all the way.

Maybe the Barth and I reached a bargain point.

Next year, I will bring Iowa pork chops!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
So I am back in Iowa as is the Barth. Sure was a blast meeting all the folks.

Next year, I will bring Iowa pork chops!!!

I thought "pork" was a verb. Must mean something else in Iowa.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post