Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    4th Annual Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 3-5
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

4th Annual Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 3-5
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
4th Annual Florida GTG, Hillsborough River State Park 2010 Dec.3rd to the 5th.

OK, I waited a whole month before starting in on this years Florida GTG. The general concensus seemed to be that Hillsborough worked well for everyone. The weather couldn't possibly be that bad again so I think we'll be able to enjoy a lot more of what the park has to offer.
This year Friday falls on the 3rd of December, so we'll say the GTG is from Dec.3rd to the 5th. Of course you may come early and stay late if you're able.
For the Park site: http://www.floridastateparks.org/hillsboroughriver/
For reservations: http://www.reserveamerica.com/...ode=FL&parkId=281037
Remember, we use mostly area 1, sites 30 and up to 44, then in area 2 sites 51 a,b etc and around the corner. Perhaps Bill can put up the map from last year that shows all of our area on one map, including the dining hall.
Plan on getting your reservations in by mid summer, and please leave site 36 for Suzie and I.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
We regretfully will not be able to attend this GTG. A cruise has in the works for a couple of months. Have a good time and I'll pray for warm, clear and sunny weather for Hillsbourgh, Florida...........

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Danny I know it is early but made reservations for site 34 WE can all ways move if you prefer just don't want to miss out.When they start they fill up fast.we will be on the road a lot this summer if the Lord wills it going to Gatlinburg in oct also
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Site 34 was Carl Flacks last year and he and Betty are going on a cruise so that site is available and you are welcome to it. Everyone else needs to get their reserves in ASAP. Hope to see some of you at Nicks, and if things go really well, at the Indiana GTG, but that's a a long shot right now.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I made our reserves for site 36 today. Looks like Lenny and us are the only sites taken so far, but it's never too early if you want a specific site!

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny:

Booked #38. We will make it this year if we have to leave a week early.

ED and Deb.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Great! Cap Bob and Connie will have to get another site but that shouldn't be a problem. They had 38 last year and had plenty of room so you will have no problems other than maybe 30a service, but last year AC was the least of our worries. Looking forward to seeing you, and if you happen to be by here before give us a holler.

79 Barth Classic

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Perhaps Bill can put up the map from last year that shows all of our area on one map, including the dining hall.
Well that didn't take long. Here is last years map.

Blank map...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, I still wonder why the bottom of the page never shows a pic from the Fl.GTG. You took a bunch of good ones.

79 Barth Classic

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Thanks Bill, I still wonder why the bottom of the page never shows a pic from the Fl.GTG.
Shame on me... let me straighten out that oversight right now.

How's that for rectifying the situation? Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
With all the T-shirt interest, I thought I'd give our resident artist something to work with for the Fla. GTG. This was taken from the canoe at the first GTG so it's real.

79 Barth Classic

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
It was pretty thoughtful of that alligator to hold down that Florida Swampmuckglademonster so you could canoe by!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Again have Site #35 for Dec 1-6.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
OK, we have a good start. When you go to the reserve site they have an OIL SPILL update thing. Hillsborough State Park is WAY upstream and not in any danger. The rest of this coast is not out of danger at all, nor is the other coast, the Keys, and don't count out my old home Bermuda.
Remember, it only costs 7 bucks to cancel your reservation if you can't make it, but if you wait too long and can't get a site, no amount of money will help. So grab a site now and be ready in December.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nick, did you get 39? Or somebody else here?

79 Barth Classic