Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    4th Annual Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 3-5
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

4th Annual Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 3-5
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can't stop there... Do tell. Big Grin

Well....it's like this.........there was this gigantic (Sequoia like) log, and there was Danny....it (the log) was clearly invisible as he couldn't see it (bear in mind it was at least 4 feet high) when he walked into/over/through it! Resulting in:
1) cracked ribs, 2) spilled beer, 3) embarrassed Barth-a-tier, & 4) Rusty being unable to photograph the Glass-nose due to its invisible nature being located close to the log.

What more can I say??

Perhaps there were other Barths that showed up that we don't even know about? Ponder that!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
Well....it's like this.........there was this gigantic (Sequoia like) log, and there was Danny....it (the log) was clearly invisible as he couldn't see it (bear in mind it was at least 4 feet high) when he walked into/over/through it! Resulting in:
1) cracked ribs, 2) spilled beer, 3) embarrassed Barth-a-tier, & 4) Rusty being unable to photograph the Glass-nose due to its invisible nature being located close to the log.
That explains this better. Poor Danny beer
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
At least the busted ribs waited till last night to really kick me in the but. That little log jumped right out in front of me friday night, I swear!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
To Dannys defense: it is pitch black dark in this park and these attack logs lurking around everywhere, jumping in front of people. An SOB got attacked and lost the whole front generator cover.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
SOB got attacked and lost the whole front generator cover.

I'd forgotten that! And it was right across from the Seminole burial site! And the owner seemed possessed if you recall. He seemed to be doing something I cannot fathom, he was blaming his wife for his own errant behavior. It has to be evil spirits!!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
You know, you guys ain't making that cracked rib feel any better. Wink

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm back to work and fine, a little sore but nothing to worry about. We'd like to see some more pix.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Good pix Rusty. I feel a little left out though. Frowner

You aren't anymore! I think the pic I took was out-of-focus because the lens picked up smoke. I didn't look at the images closely until I got home, and I didn't flash up my main computer until today to get a stored image from last year.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the pic I took was out-of-focus because the lens picked up smoke

Yeah, OK, nothing to do with the Indian Burial Ground. I made it through the week, paying for every minute of work with an hour of pain, but it was worth it to party with you all. We're still wondering about Marvin and Doris. Had a great last day with you and hope the cooling system got straightened out. Let us know.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I was wondering about Marvin & Doris too. They made it to the shop and found out they needed radiator work. Marvin & I had looked under the hood the day before and I commented that I sure would hate to take that radiator out with all the fans & coolers attached. I guess I should keep my mouth shut. Eeker

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post

A Deeeee Licious Spread

The Place to Meet

Tim Jan Jim and Jean - sounds like a vaude-ville act doesn't it

Bees and Schnapps

Champ gives human seating a try

Could you give those rules to us one more time

Doris Marvin Danny

Flowers Fire and Food

Great Get-Together

good eats

Hang on to that tripod

Im just happy to be here

Its gooood isnt it Nancy Sorry Keirn caught you chewn

Jean and that infectious laugh

Keirn Carolyn

Late arrival Jan and his Barth

Laughter in Numbers

Making plans for a canoe trip

Sausage gravy and Biscuits

Suzial ways has a smile

The fireplace kept the backsides warm

Understanding the rules

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Here's some more pics from the GTG

The Z ladies

Danny & Suzies 2010

Tim & Jean outside

Tim & Jean indoors

Tin & Jean Part II

JanZ and DogZ

Danny Z guarding the presents

Hopefully my last non-Barth GTG

W4JDZ

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Made it home Friday night, just enough time to unpack and winterize Baby Barth on Saturday before we got covered kneedeep in snow and temps dropping into the teens.
BB got treated to a new radiator and fan clutch, also while at it a new waterpump and thermostat were installed. She purred like a kitten on the way home. BTW we tossed the A/C condenser, A/C compressor, smog pump and two belts out. Now you can see and work on BB! A few more GTGs and she will be like new Big Grin

edit: click here for the writeup

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it home safe and sound. You shouldn't miss the AC stuff at all. We live down here and never miss it. Push come to shove we can fire up the Onan and cool it down in no time with the roof unit.
Thanks for letting us know and we're looking forward to our next party together. The chocolate melter things were INCREDIBLE!

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Saw our friends Jim & Patty today and they said they camped at Hillsborough the following week and the park was full of A-frame pop-ups for a GTG of their own. Guess we're not the only ones with this idea. I tried to find a site or something to contact them but came up empty. I'd really like to make sure we don't conflict next year. The weekend starts December 2nd next year, again the week following Thanksgiving.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
This is Christmas Eve and I'm sorry I am so slow in acknowledging all the help that I recieved for the banquet GTG nite. Dan and I were so happy with the turn out and the food was in a word outstanding. We all could have stayed at the park for a week without anyone going into town for anything other than beer. If I start mentioning names, then I have to talk about everyone. I do have to say though that Donna & Nick Cagle can really put together a "white elephant" giftie swap. Thank you for that, also Marvin and Doris really didn't have to make Thanksgiving dinner but there wasn't anything going to waste. Dick, thanks for the pies and Jim...your drawing of our survival will live on in all who attended. Each of you hold a special place in our hearts, we have so much fun and the knowledge within the Barth family is so much appriciated by all. I think next year Dan will have to make the ribs in memory of his "George of the Jungle" trip. Thank you all so much, it really is our pleasure to host this GTG. We love you all. Suzie

79 Barth Classic