Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Branson, MO GTG 9/11-14/13
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted
So.... is anybody still up for going to Branson in Sept. I have already made my Reservations.

Fred & Cindy Cook
1990 32' Regency, 8.3 Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/13
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
It looks like Steve and Liz (VW), Fred and Cindy Cook and Steve and Kathy Griffin are all that have signed up for Branson so far.

It is pretty centrally located in SW Missouri. Compton Ridge RV Park is nice. We wave been there twice this year so far. Pools (indoor and outdoor), shade, playground, store, restaurant on site. They are having a fiddler's gathering during the same week, free on-site entertainment. If we have more interested, be sure to call and reserve your spot so we may still be sited as a group. I made an initial reservation for ten spots (for Sept 11-14) back in February...we need more participation.

When you call to make reservations, tell them that you are with the "Steve Griffin Group" so they know who you are. The reservation block numbers are CC008020104 through 13, if they are still confused. It would be best to call rather than using their on-line reservation system so they can identify the group and apply the group discount up front. The phone number is 417-338-2911.

See the other Branson posts in "Barth Rallies and Get Togethers" and "Community Announcements" for more links and information.

Thanks,
Steve

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Sure hope we get more people to sign up. Branson is a great place and only about a mile from Silver Dollar City. We are going to Branson tomorrow for one night and will part our Barth at the Compton Ridge RV Park. We live about 120 miles from Branson.

Fred & Cindy Cook
1990 32' Regency, 8.3 Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
This should be a great way to wind down the summer! cheers
We have a few days in Aug at Treasure Island, Minnesnowta, then Branson. Looking forward to it already. Maybe Ohio in October, too!

Have Barth, will travel

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I may have to eventually defend my title as King of the Barth GTGs with SVW - he's only about 25 behind me...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Not to mention that he's just a young whippersnapper.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I have no delusions of grandeur!

I am content with the current royalty and aspire only to be a loyal supporter and follower. I can't help it, I just like hanging with Barth folks!

Have Barth, will travel

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
I called Compton Ridge Campground yesterday. So far, ony three Barthers have filled reservations of the ten I set up in February. We need more participation!

I have until about August 10 to get those filled or cancel to preclude being stuck with deposits. Please review your schedules to see if you can join us in September.

Cheers!

Steve

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of Jace
posted Hide Post
Hi there! It's Pheba Watson, Jace's wife. I just made our reservations for Branson in Sept. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Jace and Pheba

Posts: 12 | Location: Chandler, Texas | Member Since: 07-19-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Great! We are looking forward to it already. Thumbs Up

Come on, you other folks, don't be shy! cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Braley
posted Hide Post
Where are the details of this gtg?
Braley, Ohio

Posts: 42 | Location: Milan, OH | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Info here

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
Okay, so here is the current situation.
I have ten spots reserved at Compton Ridge Campground just west of Branson for 9-11 thru 9-14. Only four Barthers have signed up so far, Kathy and I, Steve and Liz (SteveVW), Fred and Cindy (JAX) and Jace and Phoeba (Jace). Anyone who is thinking about attending needs to decide real quick, because I am cancelling the the rest of the spots tomorrow afternoon or I will get stuck with the deposit fee.
Here is Compton Ridge's website for information...http://comptonridge.com/camping.html

When you call to make reservations, tell them that you are with the "Steve Griffin Group" so they know who you are and to apply the 15% discount. It would be best to call rather than using their on-line reservation system so they can identify the group and apply the discount up front. The phone number is 417-338-2911

Please don't miss this one!

Things going on (besides getting to know us wonderful Barth owners) are:
Fiddler's Gathering at the campground (bring your fiddle, guitar or whatever)
Silver Dollar City National Harvest Festival http://www.silverdollarcity.co...arvest-Festival.aspx
Covenant America Gathering http://www.covenantamerica.us/
Plus all of the usual Branson entertaiment stuff
http://www.bransontourismcenter.com/?phid=585

This summer has been really mild down in the heartland, hopefully the early fall will treat us as well. Please check your schedules and join us for the fun if you can!!!

If you decide after tomorrow to join us, you must make your own arrangements.

See you there!!!

Steve

Picture of Braley
posted Hide Post
Steve, is the 15% discount only available if we call before tomorrow afternoon and join with your group that is registered so far? I would dearly love to make that trip.
Braley

Posts: 42 | Location: Milan, OH | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
Braley,
That is the 15% off group rate we worked out last February. You might sweet talk them later into a discount, but may not be parked that close to the Barth group. I believe that is going to be a busy week/weekend in Branson.

Steve