Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fla.GTG 2018
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't make French onion soup for myself; instead, homemade egg-drop soup. But I truly miss the Gang and the Saturday Night dinner.

Due to a screwup by the HVAC contractor, the newly-installed heat pump in the house is down, so I'm in the Barth - more affinity to the GTG than I'd prefer. but at least a connection.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Raining this AM but another great time with Barth friends. Good to see Dick again. We missed Rusty and the onion soup but carried on.
Such a great group. Thumbs Up cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Steve will put up lots of pictures(if he doesn't kill PB) for those of us who live vicariously through the adventures of others.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nice ride back home, no rain or traffic problems. Turned out to be a really great GTG, and I thank everyone for coming and contributing to a great time.
Billy put the magic to my Onan this morning, and it purrs like a Persian. It's wonderful to find folks with so much knowledge and the kindness to share. Hope all the die-hards that stay for tonight have another nice evening, and to all, a safe trip home!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Great GTG with old and new friends. There is a lot of talent in this group and it was great to put faces to names.
Deb told me no more

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Not sure why I only get half a text but the rest of it was
Deb told me no more

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
I give up. Safe travels Ed & Deb

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We had a great time!
Ed and Bill left early Monday. Didn't get a chance to say gbye to Bill and steal more of his desert.
We got ready to leave but brake and turn signals didn't work. A few anxious moments, found the connector from the steering column hanging down. Reattached and away we went. (Someone has "worked on" things down there....found several splices etc. one more thing to check and make right. That connector has a zip tie now to hold it for good)
Made it to Oakhaven by 2. 1534 miles from Michigan snow. Life is good.
Wifi is slow here I will get to the clubhouse later.

Another great GTG it is always good to see our friends.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
ahhh!! The sunny, warm South. It was 23 degrees in Tennessee this morning. Thumbs Down

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We had a wonderful time. Not only was the potluck on Saturday but that was my 65th birthday. A great birthday party if I ever had one! Good friends, good food, good times. (Not to mention I am NOT going back up north until April, best bday present ever.) Put a good dent in my 12 yr old Glenlivet bottle there on the table. Thumbs Up cheers

We ate by Danny Zs coach. My coach is immediate right, Ed's (Mwrench) coach is further back on the left. He came all the way from California, almost 300,000 miles on that coach! Tooling Along

I am trying to get some photos through Photobucket but it is not doing well. (imagine that!) Deadhorse

Finally got lucky. head bang

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good time was the order of the day! Happy Birthday Steve, enjoy the Florida stay, however, do think how wonderful it is here in the north, freezing our ass off, shoveling snow and slipping on the ice...OH yeah Sure!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Helen and I had a GREAT time! Thanks to all who attended and like most, we missed Rusty too! We left Sunday to go to SunCoast Designers to have the drivers window re-insulated, she was collecting moisture between the panels. Left there Tuesday afternoon and arrived at the Farm on Wednesday afternoon. Today was back to work, looking forward to the next GTG!

Merry Christmas All!

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.