Reply To This Topic

Fla.GTG 2018
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny

We are going to do a little bit of

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Not sure why it didn't all come out. We are doing a little bit of

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
One more try. Corned beef, cabbage & potatoes.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
If I make it, Brats cooked on the BBQ and finished in beer/butter bath.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Rip, s--- or bust! I'm going to have to be there just for the repast even if it's only a day trip. cheers

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Liz will have some sort of casserole, probably chicken and rice. I will get her final say soon.

We are trying to get ready to escape the Great White North. Mother Nature whacked me last winter after I came back from Florida last December. This year we are not coming back so I guess we have to pay our dues early.

Late October was an endless monsoon, followed by the coldest November in years. We have had snow cover for 2 weeks now. Yeah, I ran the dam snowblower. head bang Tonight will be possible record lows in the low teens or single digits.

I got the coach serviced just in time. It was snowing when I drove it home from the shop. I was hoping for a thaw at least before we go on Dec 3. Average temps are low 40's but we haven't been above freezing all month.

I will heat it up next week, get it loaded up and we will escape on time. It would be nice if we got a little thaw and rain to rinse the roads.

I am so looking forward to getting south. I can't wait to see everyone at the GTG again. Good times ahead! Cool cheers

Have Barth, will travel soon: Tooling Along

PS: It was 8 degrees here this Thanksgiving day morning. The lake is icing over, the earliest in 25 yrs Deadhorse

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5186 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
It's getting close enough for the weatherman to start guessing, and he's showing highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 60s with a chance of showers. At this point in time that could change a lot before the big weekend, but it gives you some idea what to expect.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Can't wait. Highs in the 30's, freezing rain changing to snow on Sat night? Should clear for next week but no telling yet. We are packing coach and VW for the escape.

We will leave Mon or Tues depending on road conditions. Can't wait to get out. Snow on ground since Nov 9. head bang

This will be awesome to attend the GTG and not come back north! Thumbs Up

Have Barth, will travel, soon! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5186 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I have 2 white Dometic AC top covers in good condition. I could bring them to Hillsborough if anyone is interested.

(I replaced both my ACs with Atwood units last summer. I kept the covers from the old ones.)

Looks like we can leave Tues AM as planned. I am so ready! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I am leaving tomorrow, I also am so ready! We don't have the cold but we have-----Oh never mind! RV is still a mess but lots of time on the road to clean it up, started the new back up camera project which I should not have done until after I get back.

Have breakfast with my son-in-law as usual on Saturday and then on the road. Will be taking the South route I10 most of the way.

Lots of things to be testing as I go this time.

See you guys soon, really looking forward to this GTG. Rusty, I will stop in on the way or on the way back, will let you know.

Everyone stay safe

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Safe travels to all. The weatherman keeps upping his prediction, now looking at 80 for highs and mid 60s for lows. We should be there around lunchtime Friday.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
lots of Aluminum Headed for Florida, I wish all of you good and safe travels. Enjoy the sun and warmth.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2059 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I just can't win. We dodged the bullet Saturday, the winter storm went just north and we got almost all rain. Rain and 30's Sunday, but of course had to change to freezing in time for packing today. A layer of ice, covered with a little snow and 26 degrees. Latches are all frozen on the coach. No sun of course. Had a photo but PB is down, perfect head bang

Only good news no more snow today or tomorrow. Roads will still be sloppy, dammit.

I am so ready now... we had only 5 days in the last six weeks that we even saw the sun, let alone all day sun. Temps about 15 degrees below normal all November. I am NOT coming back!

Hours later, PB is still down. I hate that site. Violence
If it weren't for this site I would not use it. head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve you are the king of PB never thought you would resort to hate, like me ... ROTFLMAO

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2059 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Wish I could join you all in a warmer SPOT. 2 AND ONE HALF HOURS of snowblowing yesterday head bang . Like moving concrete...

Deadhorse oh wait where do I live? Minnesnowta

My dog would kick my butt if I left before the end of Pheasant season in Iowa on January 10th. I may change my tune in a few more years when we are hopefully able to escape......

I think I told you to get out when the roads are fit. Don't be setting a day by the calendar.......Mother Nature will kick your butt everytime...

Have fun ROTFLMAO

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1385 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post