Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fla.GTG 2018
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Excellent! This is looking like a legendary great GTG in the works. Thumbs Up cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of Jim Roller
posted Hide Post
Have site 77 from Dec. 6 to 10th.
Looking forward to seeing you al at the Fla. GTG.

Jim & Joanie Roller
98 Barth Executive
39' Wide Body
Spartan Chassis
6 Speed Allison
Name "DA COACH"

Jim & Joanie Roller
pjamesroller@comcast.net

Posts: 10 | Location: Naperville, Illinois | Member Since: 09-10-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Absolutely Steve. Sometimes the less hard you try the better things turn out. I will try to post something every day this week to acquaint the new folks with how we have so much fun at these things. Today I'll start with hoping we have a few musicians among us, bluegrass preferred but any pickers welcome, and get practiced up on the cornhole boards. For history buffs there is a tram that goes to an old fort not far away, and canoes and kayaks are for rent at the park. It's a beautiful river with hardly any current, so it's easy canoeing downstream and back. Lots of good hiking both bicycle and foot. TBC'd

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Looking for a nice easy spot for a 40 foot Newbie in a Big Bird Wanderhouse. But it looks like Fri and Sat sold out. Oh well, maybe another time.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Marvin and Doris, looks like the only way in now is to watch the reservation site daily and wait for a cancellation to turn a site blue again, or if one of our members can't make it you might be able to get a site from them. Hope you can get in, it's been a long time and we'd like to see the Bird.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Marvin & Doris & DannyZ, I am 60% sure I can make it but I have another scope of my bladder Nov 8, if the oncologist thinks I need to continue the BCG treatment without delay, I will not be able to make the GTG. I will let you know directly as soon as I have any confirmation yes or no!

Absolutely would not like to miss this event but I think y'all understand.

I have site 51 booked. sure want to make it and would love to see "the bird"!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
site 44 bill molenaar see ya

Posts: 6 | Location: Cocoa Fl. 32927 | Member Since: 08-08-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
This is going to ONE great event, I am so envious of ya'll. Even though you want Blue Grass Music and not good ole time Rock and Roll. I am sure you are going to miss not having a Glassnose on site though. Have a great week!!!

Make sure someone gives SteveVW some suspenders..

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2046 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We'll be out of town for a week or so, and we hear the Castro Brothers were a little slow about WIFI, so I'll get the ball rolling on the food thing and you guys can take it from here.

Friday night is traditionally a wandering from coach to coach food and wine sharing event, a good time to show off a favorite appetizer or finger food.

Saturday night we have a potluck feast, in the pavilion if it's available, so list what you want to make for an entrée, and remember, you don't have to make enough for everybody, as we always have more than enough food. If a desert is more your specialty, that works just fine. You will need your own dishes and silver. Limited power is available in the pavilion and fuel warming plates work fine for keeping a casserole or lasagna [hint hint] warm. The sun is usually setting around 6 pm, so it's easier to get set up and ready to eat by 5:45 or so.

Sunday morning we usually have an outdoor breakfast with Mimosas.

December in Florida can be all over the place weather-wise. We've had beautiful sunny 80's and crummy 60's so bring clothes for anything. Hopefully you'll be able to leave the galoshes and mac in the closet but it's nice to have them if needed.

For those who haven't been to the park, there are miles of beautiful hiking trails, nice biking, canoe rentals available, the river is very slow and easy to return back up, not like a one-way trip on most rivers. There is a launch for canoes and kayaks in the campground if you have your own. There is also a tram that will take you to an old fort for a tour. Check on times for this.

Be ready for a relaxing, fun weekend with a good bunch of Barth and previously Barth folks, and don't be surprised if a cornhole tourney pops up.

Drive safely and we'll see you all there!

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Very helpful post, Danny.
THANK YOU!

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Well, more good news, all tests are negative so I should be able to make the Florida GTG. Have the steering box out of the Barth AGAIN, should get back later this week. Just a few more things to clear up and I should be outa here around Dec 1. Looking forward to seeing y'all!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Great news, good luck with the steering box.
Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Great news, Ed. I know that lots of people have been praying for you. He does listen to our prayers
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
This is going to ONE great event, I am so envious of ya'll. Even though you want Blue Grass Music and not good ole time Rock and Roll. I am sure you are going to miss not having a Glassnose on site though. Have a great week!!!

Make sure someone gives SteveVW some suspenders..

Duane we may have to just meet half way in January and have supper. I may have time to breath after mid January. 3.5 more years............ And I can start hitting all the fun stuff. Moved Both Rigs to final to the lawn for the winter today.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Duane we may have to just meet half way in January and have supper.

Good idea Dana, Might be cold and snowy, but we Barth Midwesterners can handle it and I am always up for good food.. One day we will have to caravan with KennyJ, SteveVW and maybe pick up Tom and Nancy on the way to that Hillsbourgh event. Four Barths and a Foretravel.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2046 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post