Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G Poll !!
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G Poll !!
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
I was premature in arbitrarily setting a date of October 2 thru 5, 2009. Some/most who could come on those dates could also make it for an Oct.16-19, timeframe, but not vice-versa.
In the order of dates for me... My personal preference? It would be closer to Sept as the weather should be better but we could also get a Hurricane too. Eeker
quote:
...the Moderator as Dictator-for-a-Day?
In all honesty, I can handle any of the dates you choose... to steal a quote from Lee "Just my thoughts - Yours are more important....."

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Lee, Donna and I are a couple of those retirees that will have to check with our social secretary to determine commitments already made for next year. You may want to have your people call my people.

Well, I have been corrected. After checking with MRS. Cagle, I have been told we will be available any week that includes a Saturday and a Sunday.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Lee,
You might want to check with Cherry Hill Park on available dates and costs. I know around here, the rates go down the later it gets. From being in D.C. when it's warm out, I believe it would be easier to get warm than to cool down! Also, some of our Barth's run MUCH better in the cooler weather. It can get warm in September around here, as it has this year. One thing for sure, my belief is that this should be well attended. There may not be a better reason and opportunity to gather... centrally located on the east coast (that takes care of Maine to Florida and basically east of the Mississippi), lots to do and it's our nations capital (for those who can make it from the rest of the country)! That should be enough reason to get on board, but the best reason could very well be the thought of 20-30 or more Barths gathered in one place and the opportunity to spend time with the fine folks that own them.
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The Peach State Star Gaze is set for 10/16-10/25 (actually, 10/18--10/25, but I'm on staff, so come early). So, a GTG 10/08-10/11 - or something like it - works best for me.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay. One thing is evident at this point of time...we are not going to be able to schedule a date that is good for all. But, we knew that. It would be the same for any event you ever try to schedule. Soooooo, now it is probably more important than ever to try to hear from as many folks as possible, as we want to try to set a date when the most owners may be able to make it! I, myself, am now going to make myself available for whatever date is set. I believe that this should be THAT GOOD to clear my calander.
I have put together many major events and realize the work that goes into putting these things together. I can appreciate those who have organized the past GTG's. It is always a handful of folks that do the organizing and work and the multitudes that get to take advantage of that work. This GTG is no different. The folks that have stepped forward to try to organize this GTG are ready to do what needs to be done to put it all together.
The only thing that most have to do is give us an opinion. So please let us know what you think...if you can or cannot make it, dates you might be able to attend, thoughts on where we plan on holding it any other input you would like to send. We would all appreciate it!
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Okay, we need a date. Like you we can make it any week but for the sake of a vote put us down for the weekend of October 10.

Nick and Donna

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Sorry I will miss this one, can't do that week end.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
OK gang......it's beginning to look like Friday, October 9th thru Monday October 12th, 2009 will fit the preponderance of our personal schedules.....Several PM's I've received alluded to making any of the October weekends work, with only a couple exceptions.....

Attempting to please everyone will probably result in pleasing no one, and like Nick says, "We need a date"........

At the risk of sounding like an insensitive, egotistical bully, I'm gonna suggest that, absent any violent feedback to the contrary, the 2009
National Capital G-T-G be held October 9-12, 2009.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

???????? Confused Frowner Big Grin Eeker

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lee, you da man. Let's do this thing.

Nick

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Lee, you da man. Let's do this thing.
This post is still open for any violent reaction to this date.

Please go to the 2009 Washington DC Barth Rally & GTG 10/9-10/12 to follow up on this event.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
Hey Mary

I offer my place to set you up for tele-commute on Friday the 9th!

The Cherry Hill location is an ideal location for a day trip to Baltimore Inner Harbor, Aquarium and other sites there.

This is a great location, and I imagine we will be lulled to sleep to the sound of I95 traffic....

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Report This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Mea Culpa......

I edited the Poll posting at the top of this thread to reflect the new dates of
October 9-12, 2009

Apparantly, because I screwed with it, the Poll data was reset to zero. (makes sense I guess...)

It would be great if everyone who voted would revisit the post and vote again....That way, as time goes on, we'll have a good idea of a body count for the 2009 National Capital Barth Rally!

Sidebar: Bill, discussion about the 2009 Rally is now spread over three different threads...Do we want to think about balling it up all together
to simplify it? Also, there's BIG pics showing options like Greenbelt & Watkins - no longer issues....Maybe make those go away? Obviously your call...(I'm just a little Rally Clerk with a very short, 30 year old machine Big Grin )

...and Mary....let's get creative here...there MUST be a way that the dates will work for you!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Lee, I will have to wait until closer to the actual date. The 10th of the month is when I pay the bills for the company that I work for and if at all possible I will be there. We had soooo much fun at Choo Choo that I certainly don't want to miss this one.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
WE'RE IN!!!!!!! Are you who is reading this???
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Mary,

If it'll help, we can have phones, a laptop with aircard and overnight FedEx available at your picnic table!.....'Course, if Congress doesn't straighten up the mess they've made soon, you may not have bills to pay Frowner Mad