Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Will there be a 2014 gtg in Milford?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Will there be a 2014 gtg in Milford?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I agree this year has many rally's scheduled but next year will not be the 50th Anniversary of Barth.

Got message and Bill_NY will not be able to attend.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
I would be willing to help also. We should get a to do list established.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Report This Post
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Can someone post a checklist of things that need to happen to make the Milford GTG a relity? That way, we can all sign up to get them done?

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Report This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Richard, although it is a little early to start the planning for 2014 this is my idea of what needs to take place:
select a "wagonmaster"
decide date
decide location
about two months before GTG wagonmaster will contact location and reserve block of sites and will call on other volunteers to handle other details as Wine and Cheese on Friday, luncheon for Barth Employees and Barth owners, take up collection from attendees to pay for supplies for luncheon, coordiante with William Mitchell for invitations, line up cooking group for luncheon and take care of any other incidentals that need to be done.

This is the way it has been done previously and seems to work pretty well.

We had 30 Barths at the GTG in 2012 and hopefully will have that many or more in 2014.

If I have missed anything please post any additions.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
I'm in for the GTG in 2014 and will do the press releases and send invitations to former employees. Just need the date.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Report This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Lou, thank you very much for volunteering your help, this is what makes a GTG so easy to coordinate. Sloop will probably be available to head up the cooking detail and I am sure Stinky Daddy will do the t-shirts and invitations.

More to follow.

Mary

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
There will be food. With a little help from my friends.ROTFLMAO

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Report This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I guarantee that you will have help because this group LOVES to eat and also likes to have fun. If you have been wanting to come to a GTG this is the one.

We had 30 coaches at the GTG in 2012. This will be the 50th Anniversary Celebration of the Barth coach, lets make it outstanding in honor of the Barth's that we all love so well.

Mary

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We are planning to attend in 2014, as we did this year. I highly recommend it, what a great way to see Barth coaches and meet Barth people!

We are only 3-4 hours from Milford, I guess I could do the wagonmaster thing. hmm
So, here we go: Mid to late June seems a good time window again? How about location?

Even with years of study I'll never be the auctioneer that Nick is. If he can help with that, I can bumble through the rest. I'll see Nick in Tenn, get some old Scotch, and begin training! cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Will see ya in Choo Choo.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I can take care of the invites and the shirts again. I just found a box with shirts I printed after the last Milford GTG in the shop. I know I need to send some to BillNY and Sloop, anyone else I missed?

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Report This Post
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
How about the same location? Can I call them and see if we can get some reservations?

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
SD did I pay?

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Report This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Richard, we are not sure of the dates yet, so hold off on the reservations. We should know more after the GTG in Chattanooga.

Mary

Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Mid-June has our vote.