Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2nd Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 5-7
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2nd Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 5-7
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Last year we had 3 Barths and an SOB, and a lot of fun. I'm once again looking at December, with the 5th 6th and 7th in mind. I know it's early, and there are 2 great sounding GTG's between now and then, so I'm just putting this out there to see if there is any interest and to get reservation info for you.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Danny, Is Hillsborough a park with a 30 foot limit on coaches or can they accommodate our 32 foot?
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nick, Plenty of room in the area we stayed last year. You have to look site by site, but many are 50 foot sites. A few are shorter, and 33 was backwards because of path access, so we had to forward in. Probably won't take that site again but not ruling it out, since we had a path through the woods to Deb & Ed. All new power and water service in this area. No sewer, but good dump station in the park.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Plenty of room - the only tight spot is the entrance gate. Deb&Ed brought their 35' Regency.

I would probably make it.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny

Count us in.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
All of our sites from last year seam to be available. I think we'll front end in to 33 again. 31 is right next door with a walking path to the river between. Rusty was across the street in 34? and Ed &Deb were next door in 36? Most of these sites handle big coaches. Before you make any reservations I'll check out things if you want, but we should figure on being locked in by mid- July or so. Hope to see a few new faces this year. BTW, Suzy and I and Jim and Patty all have new Gel seats on our bicycles Big Grin
Bill, the sites we stayed at last year are at
I feel pretty confident that this will come together so go ahead and put a pin on it.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny:

Made reservations for the 12/5-7 and will be in site 38. It has 50 amp service.

See ya all there.

ED & DEB

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna grab 36, where Deb&Ed were last year. 37 is a tent only site, all the others in this area are good, but 33 is a front-in. [see my address picture]. Jim & Patty will probably get 39 again. Here's the map.
http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/map_of_036/r/camp...ode=FL&parkId=281037

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
OK Suzy and I have 36. Hope to see some more reservations made pretty soon. Remember, 37 is a tent only site, but all others in this area are fine. In my address picture, we're front into 33, Ed&Deb are behind us in 36, and Rusty is across the street in 34.

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have #35...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
BTW Ed, any particular reason you need the 50 amp site? Maybe five more feet? Wink

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Deb's coming and she likes to multitask.

A/C-Microwave-Hair dryer.

Just kidding! I popped a breaker last year for some reason. Could have been both A/C's on at the same time.

50 Amps just works better for us.

Nice to hear you got some of those comfortable bike seats. We are going to bring the golf cart this year so we can follow you adventurous folk with the BEER COOLER

ED.

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
But does that golf cart FLOAT? This year you guys gotta go gator spottin with us!

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
aka: noble97monarch
Picture of Cheri
posted Hide Post
New to the "Barth" group...my husband and I are considering joining the 12/5-7 gathering. Any comments on site #40?

Posts: 51 | Location: Bradford NH/Spring Hill FL | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum! Site 40 is good to 40 ft. and has 50A service.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke