Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2nd Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 5-7
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2nd Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 5-7
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Never heard of that Rusty. We always bring our own firewood and nobody has said anything. We stack it right on the rear rack so it's not like we're sneaking it in or anything. Gathering firewood inside the park, however, is not allowed. I guess they want to make sure the termites have plenty to eat!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately Site 30 will be available as I had to cancel due to a unplanned work commitment.
I am really sorry to miss this and hope I can make the next one.

Ray

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Never heard of that Rusty. We always bring our own firewood and nobody has said anything. We stack it right on the rear rack so it's not like we're sneaking it in or anything. Gathering firewood inside the park, however, is not allowed. I guess they want to make sure the termites have plenty to eat!

I may have seen the signs in a park in another state, possibly GA or TN. I'll bring some if it hasn't rotted - I cut a bunch for my ex-wife, but she never picked it up.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
During the last year of our travels, we've noticed state park restrictions on "foreign" firewood posted in MI,IL,IN,PA,VA,WV & MD - I also understand MO & WI have restrictions.......
.......Has to do with the Emerald Ash Borer

Maybe the Borer is afraid of alligators and therefore not an issue down there?....... Confused

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
aka: noble97monarch
Picture of Cheri
posted Hide Post
Not to change topic but back to the dinner menu for the gathering....Tom & Annette can be added to the list bringing Pasta salad and dessert.

Cheri

Posts: 51 | Location: Bradford NH/Spring Hill FL | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Too bad Ray won't make it,but here's the updated menu.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I did try to convince Tom and Annette that newbies are required to provide lots of Corona, but I don't think they're buying it. I even offered to bring the limes!! #:-0

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
I did try to convince Tom and Annette that newbies are required to provide lots of Corona, but I don't think they're buying it. I even offered to bring the limes!! #:-0

Corey

Heineken or Stella Artois is an acceptable subsitute - three cases should be plenty Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray:
Unfortunately Site 30 will be available as I had to cancel due to a unplanned work commitment.
I am really sorry to miss this and hope I can make the next one.
Sorry you can't make it Ray... Maybe you can stop by for some vittles?

Danny, Is that site still available?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
According to the RA reservation site it's not. This could be due to a backlog of campers or just might not reflect the cancelation. Ray, did you cancel with RA? Could you get your money back?

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
aka: noble97monarch
Picture of Cheri
posted Hide Post
When Ray first posted on 11/21 that he had to cancel site #30 showed up as available but by last night had already been booked. I believe the cancellation policy is money back except for $10 fee as long as cancellation is done in advance.

Posts: 51 | Location: Bradford NH/Spring Hill FL | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
I did cancel and receive reimbursement except for the $10 fee.
If I can swing it I will try to drop by to meet all and see all the Barths.
Ray

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
4 months away and I'm already looking forward to it!
How do you feel now, that it's just 4 days to go! Time sure flies. Wink So, what's the latest?

Take plenty of pictures for our site!!! The larger, the better. Especially the Euro, I need some good looking, large photos of your coach.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We're READY! Can't wait to get under way Friday. Suzy took it off but I may have to work until noon or so. Check-in is 3:00 but there's no problem if you're early, you may have to hang out at a picnic area for a while, but it's a beautiful place to hang out. Worst case for us is an ETA of 2:00, and at least I don't have to drive back to Venice to pick up Suzy this year. The weather looks good, not too hot, but between fronts so I'm predicting 60o nights and 75o days, maybe a little cooler, so bring all your clothes!
Looking forward to seeing everyone there, and if you still have any questions or comments, the time is NOW!

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Started my checklist (at D-5). I have to pick up food supplies, finish loading. I haven't decided whether to bring any of the telescopes, as it looks like there may be considerable cloud cover.

My ETA is also 2 PM.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke