Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Maybe a broken leg! We wouldn't have to fake that! confusion ROTFLMAO

Honest Dana, we're just trying to help you… hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Marvin and Doris are getting their reservations in. Richard Muise called me yesterday. I'm hoping some will stay around so I can see them or come early. I still need to work for a living so I have to go to our National Meeting. Guess they find value in me being there. HMMMMM?

Looks like Eds not going to make it. There is still time to get your repairs done ED!

I'm waiting to see some others get reservations in. How about it Wally, ratrodphil, there is a guy in Stillwater who bought the trailer with the skylight that Stinkydaddy and I tired in vane to buy. Medic we have not heard from in a while.

Just cause I can't make it don't let that stop you from coming. Lynn will try and represent!

SorryI can't be there!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Just because I planned the last Miford and then didn't show doesn't mean we want to follow this pattern! ROTFLMAO

It is still better to plan and not go, than not plan at all. Thumbs Up

I am looking forward to this, glad to hear Marvin and Doris will be there. Always a good time! cheers

If you haven't been to a GTG yet, make some plans. Do it!

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
I just talked with Susan at Camp Maiden Rock for the Minnesnowta GTG August 16th, 17th and 18th.

Confirmed sites:
Kenny/Kazy Site 46
Steve/Liz 44
Dana?/Lynn 42
Marvin/Doris 47

There are six reserved lots left. Susan said she will hold these open for as long as she can. Call Susan at 1-507-685-2260 to make your reservation.

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Frowner we have to cancel ... D's dad has been in the hospital 4 weeks now and he will need help when he gets home (hopefully soon). We will not be able to travel. Sure would have enjoyed a camping trip with friends.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Ok that does it. We're just going to have to go visit you! (If the mountain won't come to Mohammed…) cheers

Seriously, we miss you guys. We'll try to see you when we can. Family always comes first. Take care.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
Marvin and Doris are getting their reservations in. Richard Muise called me yesterday. I'm hoping some will stay around so I can see them or come early. I still need to work for a living so I have to go to our National Meeting. Guess they find value in me being there. HMMMMM?

Looks like Eds not going to make it. There is still time to get your repairs done ED!

I'm waiting to see some others get reservations in. How about it Wally, ratrodphil, there is a guy in Stillwater who bought the trailer with the skylight that Stinkydaddy and I tired in vane to buy. Medic we have not heard from in a while.

Just cause I can't make it don't let that stop you from coming. Lynn will try and represent!

SorryI can't be there!

Don't want to repeat myself Sorry

Looks like Marvin and Doris are out. Wally, Ratrod, Gary?

I'm glad at least Lynn will be able to make it. I'm sure she will tell me everything!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
My third grand child will be arriving August 14, Would be a stretch to make MN by August 16. I will probably leave the LEFT COAST August 16-18 for Denver. SO--

That is the plan as of today.

Got some issue with the Breakaway but think I have it all sorted out now!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Got some issues with the Regal, too. mechanic

Engine looks like this: confusion

Doing an unexpected valve job. Seems like whenever I plan an event something needs fixed. Oh well I was supposed to be up north with my Dad. I'll be back in a week, I'll keep you posted.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

I apologize for disappearing. We've been dealing with some family health issues since last fall.

Tonka also had her own catastrophic health event this spring that came really close to turning her into salvage. confusion

We took her to the shop on May 2 to fix a couple of minor leaks. A technician/s mistake/s resulted in a couple of melted pistons and associated engine damage. It worked out and she now has had her Cummins 8.3 rebuilt (new sleeves, pistons, rods, head, turbo, exhaust manifold, etc.) and is running as strong or stronger than ever. She should be good and on the road for the long haul.

A huge thank you to Kazy and Kenny for finding a nice campground and making arrangements for the Minnesnowda GTG. Thumbs Up

We called and reserved a spot today and are looking forward to getting Tonka back out on the open road and to seeing you all. Tooling Along

Thanks!
Wally and Connie

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
What the heck did that technician do?!

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Wally and Connie it will be great to see you again. It has been a long time. I hope some others are planning to come as well. I called Camp Maiden Rock yesterday. Here is what we have so far.

Kenny/Kazy Site 46
Steve/Liz Site 44
Lynn Site 45
Wally/Connie Site 47

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi Quinn,

As usual Tonka was running perfectly when she went in for the minor leak repairs.

Repairing the leaks resulted in replacing the front cover gasket and replacing the Spartan hydraulic power steering/side mounted radiator fan pump.

It turned out that the fuel injection pump was also starting to leak and that is where the chain of catastrophic events started. They removed the fuel injection pump and sent it out for testing. It tested great and only needed gaskets replaced. They replaced the gaskets, rechecked everything and sent it back to the engine shop. No problems to this point.

Based on what I've been told, during the process of reinstalling the pump a pin that times the unit to the engine was somehow damaged resulting in the fuel delivery being mistimed and overfueling/underfueling of the cylinders.

When they started her she was smoking and down on power. In the process of trying to diagnose the problem, first on the dyno followed by a road test she seized and had to be towed back to the shop.

Their unfortunate mistake resulted in Tonka getting an engine rebuild with new parts that should be good for the long haul.

They are an excellent professional shop but anyone can make a mistake. I believe the true mark of an excellent professional shop is how they handle their mistakes. Once they had her apart and determined what had happened they immediately took responsibility and corrected the problem and worked hard to make us whole.

Is the rebuild as good as the engine was and it was great? The proof will be in how she runs and holds up. The rebuild was done to the same specifications and standards as their new engine warranty work so it should be good.

We'll continue to take Tonka to them whenever she needs work.

Thanks,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi Kenny,

It'll be great to see you and anyone else able to attend also.

When we called the campground indicated they still had spots open for our fellow Barthmobilers.

Thanks, Tooling Along
Wally

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
RE: I believe the true mark of an excellent professional shop is how they handle their mistakes.

Would you publish their name so that others can send their coaches [if in their area] to such a reputable firm?

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post