Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta GTG 2016
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Tonka, (Wally),

You can post your experience HERE.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Update Breaking News= Work wants me to plan weeks out. 10 days out and I finally have an idea of our itinerary for the Lincoln meeting. Was told we would be traveling Monday. I found out we will be should be traveling Tuesday.

What the heck. head bang

Steve I should be able to take DBarth over Tuesday Morning and will be there until 10am. Anyone getting there before then I will at least be able to say hi and maybe have a bloody mary! cheers

Anyone is welcome to stop over before. I am off Saturday and Sunday doing 7 to 5 on Monday. Its 27 miles to the campground. Friday is another travel day and hope to be home about 1PM. I am traveling with someone from Green Bay Wisc so I am much at their mercy.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hmm, maybe we could see you Mon PM if we get there in time. hmm

Of course, I have to put the cylinder heads back on first… Mechanic

Hope to be running by Thurs at the latest. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
One head is back on, the other one is waiting for a valve spring. If it arrives tomorrow I will be on time and on my way Monday. Tooling Along

If it does not arrive until Monday, I will still need time to replace the head, etc before I go. Could leave early Tues AM and get there late Tues. Hope to have the part tomorrow!

Doing wheel maintenance, etc. 86Barth has been a demanding mistress of late… Mechanic

I am really looking forward to a good run and seeing friends again. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Saturday and from the 454 update looks like you'll be able to roll soon.

I have to be at Owatonna about 8:30 am Tuesday.

Quiet out there. Anybody else coming? I bet there is room for any last minute takers.

At least Lynn will get to see you all.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone,

We plan to be there. Replaced a malfunctioning Shurflo City Water Entry regulator. Should be good to go.

Looking forward to seeing whoever is able to make it.

Thanks, Tooling Along
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Started the 454 today. Road test tomorrow, off to Minnesnowta on Monday! Thumbs Up Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Have Barth, will travel! Tooling Along

The 454 started and ran well. Short road test was good. No problems, still tweaking timing and idle. Thumbs Up

We will leave Monday around noon. Spend a night on the road somewhere in Wisconsin, arrive Tues afternoon. cheers

I am looking forward to seeing folks and a few days off. mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
It is just the 4 sites booked. We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Tuesday. We will be doing hotdogs, beans, chips, dip and S'mores at our site Tuesday (our treat). Wednesday is Wine tasting and snacks and Thursday the potluck. Camp Maiden has a shelter in case it rains for the events. See you all tomorrow

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Have not heard a peep from Steve today. I take it that is good news.

DBarth will be in place early in the AM. Lynn is going to keep the car and rendezvous with my ride to Lincoln. Sorry guys and gals. Still need to work. If you get there and Lynn is not there she will be working. She just took a new job. She will be back.

I'm bummed. I cut down an tree just for an opportunity to get injured............ Actually the tree hung up and is waiting to see if a tree falls and no one is around, does it make a noise??? Good thing nobody takes walks through my woods.

I will be back Friday around noon hopefully. Don't worry if you can't stick around. I understand, Anyone is welcome to plug in at our house but I work Saturday.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Steve VW, are you en route, Hope everything is going well for you this trip.

I will be leaving for Denver tomorrow. should be there sometime over the weekend depending if I stop in Salt Lake, Fort Collins, or where ever.

Dustyjeeper, I will call you when I have an ETA in your area. If all works out, we could have a mini GTG with Steve VW.

See ya soon I hope

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Ed my motor is at the garage getting rebuilt. I can meet you guys wherever works for you.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We made one short stop on Monday when the top radiator hose popped off. confusion I apparently didn't snug it up tght enough. Reattached the hose, filled up and away we went. Otherwise, no oil or coolant leaks so far.

No other problems! 454 is running great, mileage is normal at 7.5 and I still have some tweaking on the timing to go.

We ran to mid Wisconsin, slept in a roadside park. Arrived here about 2 PM just behind Wally and Connie. A great time to visit good people. It rained hard Tuesday night, dried out quickly for a beautiful Wednesday.

Campfire and wine Wednesday night was a ggod time for all. I forgot my camera so I have no photos.

We will be heading to Denver on Friday as planned. Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Said our goodbyes on Friday AM. Another interesting visit with great people who happen to own Barth coaches. What a great way to spend a few days! Thumbs Up cheers

Drove 13 1/2 hrs, about 650 miles, almost to the Colorado border. Spent the night in a rest area. Got up Sat morning drove the remaining 225 miles to Denver.

A little over 1600 miles, no problems! Thumbs Up Other than the rad hose in the first hour no other issues. The 454 ran great, used less than 1/3 qt of oil.

Spending a few days with my two sisters here, hope to see MWrench while we're here also.

Will return mid week, hope to be back in Minneapolis area by the weekend. Life is good.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Super busy! I got to see Wally and Connie when I got back from Lincoln Ne. I taked to Wally some and then took to DBarth for a ride before dumping. Lynn will getting a refresher course in RV Toilet 101. Filled with Diesel. Nice when it is this low.............. aint it. Missed everyone else. Kenny and Kazy, Gary, Steve and Liz missed you all. Dang Thumbs Down

Steve and Liz stopped on their way back from Denver and spent a couple days. Steve we could write a book with our stories! The Minnesota State Bird (mosquito) kept us from looking or comparing much BARTH info. Using my Bug suit every day to be out at all.

Hope more make the next one. Glad those that made it had a good time. Sorry i had to be elsewhere..........................

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth