Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

MI GTG August 17, 18, 19, 2021
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Lynn said she got an email notification from Michigan. Remember this is a State Park. Electric Power but no water or dump at the sites. Just want to make sure you have water on board to take care of business.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
There's a dump on your way out of the park. Threw are electrical hookups at each site and water for filling xloswro each site. Shouldn't be a problem on either count.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
Lynn said she got an email notification from Michigan. Remember this is a State Park. Electric Power but no water or dump at the sites. Just want to make sure you have water on board to take care of business.

Glad you mentioned it! For some reason, I was thinking the park had water at each site. My 82 gal fresh water tank is laying in the yard, with a 3x6 hole rusted through the compartment floor! confusion

I had planned to install a temporary floor for the trip... but now I need it to be load bearing for the tank. hmm

I have 48 ft of steel angle arriving tomorrow, to reinforce the lower side corners from wheel well to wheel well and to replace the front and rear transverse supports. I will install a plywood floor over the steel and it should be ok to replace the water tank.

The final version will have epoxy bonded corners and fiberglass over the plywood. For now, I will get all the pieces bolted in and fitted. Then I will unbolt, final clean, and reassemble with epoxy.

Looks like weather will be pretty good next week, not too hot! This should be a great GTG!

Check in time is 300pm so we will prob arrive around then. I lucked out this time, I'm only hour and half away!

Safe travels to all. See you soon.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Wow, Steve quite a job to get done for the GTG, good luck ole bean!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lou:
There's a dump on your way into and out of the park. There are electrical hookups at each site and water for filling each site, (but easier to fill on the way in.. Shouldn't be a problem on either count.

Water fill is same location at dumping Station by the gate.
You can fill up when you arrive. (No hose connections near the individual sites).

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
If you're coming to the GTG and have any Barth Parts or Pieces bring them along. If we have enough and there is any interest we may have another auction to raise money for the website. We may even sale Lou's ice cream for $11.50 a half Gallon.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post

Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lou:

Love it!

Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
If you're coming to the GTG and have any Barth Parts or Pieces bring them along. If we have enough and there is any interest we may have another auction to raise money for the website. We may even sale Lou's ice cream for $11.50 a half Gallon.

Nick

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We're getting closer. Barth folks are converging! There is a Barth in my driveway with MN plates!

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Mine is hiding in the woods, ready for a new tank bay floor

Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Yikes..better put my shoes on.

posted Hide Post
Greg and Fred Ozar will be there with their wives We eachhave a Barth. 995 Regency 34 and a 1993 Regency 32. Both Ozars are newbies and look forward to your help/advice. We are both from Muskegon MI and will be there the 17th, 18th and 19th in sites 74 and 75. No pics yet but working on it.

Posts: 29 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 03-21-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Excellent! We are looking forward to as many Barths as we can. You will meet a great group of people. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Sherrie has had something come up with work and we're not going to be able to make it. We're both really bummed that we can't see everyone. Before I cancel our site would anyone like to have it? Have fun and we hope to see all of you again soon.
Bill

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post