Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Where can we go to meet greet and just have BaRTH chat??
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Where can we go to meet greet and just have BaRTH chat??
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
Input from here will be then added to a poll.

Pick a time of the year best suited for you in 2017.

Pick a location you are willing to travel to.

I will then put up a poll.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Allegan was great, I'd go again.

A KY or Tenn location is fairly central for the east/southeast but left coast would be cool. I think there was some talk of southwest in January?
You know me, I'll drive almost anywhere. (39,000 since 3/11)!Thumbs Up

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Why wait for next year!

http://parks.ky.gov/calendar/d...nt-state-park/19140/

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
You all can come for relaxing Barthtober III Oct. 13-17 2016 Oregonia OH.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mary, Here is a quote form the website link.
quote:
Open all year; Water not available during winter.

Activities conducted by the State Park Campgrounds are not of concern to Barth folks. We make our own activities. I enjoyed the recent trip to Allegan County Fairgrounds. I did not attend many Fairground events. We just visited with other Barthmobile members. We never ran out of things to talk about. We never got bored with other members. It would not be necessary for Barthmobile members to attend during a camping event, because we are an EVENT, just as members of Barthmobile.com. So I suggest picking a date without a special camping event to attend.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Kevin, to each his own, I enjoy a variety of activities and am sure others do too. Because they are available does not mean you have to participate.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Actually, civil war reenactments might be cool. Reminds me of the old days when I was a kid… Violence
(walking to school, five miles, each way, uphill, in the rain, bare foot, bears… ) ROTFLMAO

I am hoping to get out this fall. Let's see what our options are! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of Jim Roller
posted Hide Post
"Da Coach" has landed. Got home from Allegan @ 2:15 PM on Monday. What a great weekend. Only made better by all of our new friends that attended. What made it worth the trip was learning the secret "Good Sam" handshake. We will certainly add that to our will for our grandchildren.
Joanie and I were like sponges,soaking up all of the Barth" Wisdom from all of the experienced "Barthers". Thanks to all for a wonderful time.
Special Thanks to Lou & Barb for coordinating this GTC and being our gracious hosts.

Posts: 10 | Location: Naperville, Illinois | Member Since: 09-10-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kevin, to each his own, I enjoy a variety of activities and am sure others do too. Because they are available does not mean you have to participate.

I take time to chat with Barth folks when they are present. I indulge in activities when there are not any Barth members around. If there are not any Barth folks then I can find something else to do. Talking Barth is my first priority when members are available to chat.

quote:
Joanie and I were like sponges, soaking up all of the Barth" Wisdom from all of the experienced "Barthers".
Lets meet again and chat about our Barthmobiles.

posted Hide Post
If you think we chat enough on Barthmobile.com, then you can go and do something else. It is just when I am in Barth mindset, with other members here, I consider the time we spend together most important. I want to see what makes other Barth owners function. I want to know the genetics that causes us to love our Barth coaches and trailers.

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
So this is limited to only "meeting of the minds" or are we interested in open feedback?

Expectations for Barth GTGs would seem to be as variable as the coaches and owners themselves, let it roll and find out! cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
So this is limited to only "meeting of the minds" or are we interested in open feedback?

Expectations for Barth GTGs would seem to be as variable as the coaches and owners themselves, let it roll and find out! cheers

Limited like the title says. You want go watch people dress up and repeat history, have at it. Start a topic for activities. Feel free to start your own topic for journey to the past or future. Hey you might even want to go to an air show. You could start a topic for air show get together. Any member could start a topic for boat show journey or train show or whatever. This is about the intellect of a Barth owner's mind.

It was a perfect setting at Allegan to share ideas and chat with members.

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
You asked "Where do we go for the next meeting of the BaRTH minds?" and when I answer you get rude.

I am a Barth owner and have an intellectual mind and will post what and when I want to. Nowhere does it state "limited" in your Heading. Oh and by the way I am quite capable of starting my own topic.

Mary

posted Hide Post
Sorry Mary, Not being rude at all. Just sticking to the topic. So sorry you are offended. I am not sorry I consider visiting with members the most important thing to do when members are present. Sorry
I deleted the topic I started for you also.

I also did change the topic header. I did not want to put limited in the topic, because one might think the minds or Barthmobile members are limited.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
How about Colorado or Kansas?

I'd love to see people from coast to coast.

Summer (6/9-8/14) or spring (4/14-4/24) is best for us because school is out. Winter (12/26-1/6) break is a little touchy because I'm not likely to try the Sierra's in snow. April is even a little iffy in those mountains.

I suppose winter in New Mexico/Arizona/Texas is possible, I can head south then east, but I can't imagine our members from Michigan and Florida making that trek.

We've even been known to keep our kids out for a few days extra if there's fun to be had, and we can convince ourselves they'll learn something.

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post