Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2nd Annual Barthmobile "Get Together"
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2nd Annual Barthmobile "Get Together"
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted
2nd Annual Barthmobile GTG - August 22-24, 2008
Oak Haven Family Campground - Wales, Mass.

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to have been absent from the site so long, but my new job has been keeping me busy.

I have contacted Bill NY and set a date for our next Barth get together. It is tentatively set for August 22,23,24 at the Oak Haven Campground (same location as last year)in Wales, MA, near Sturbridge. I am awaiting their confirmation. They did not get back to me until April last year.

Here is a link to the website: http://www.oakhavencampground.com/

Like last year, you will need to make the reservations yourself. They offer a 10% discount for Good Sam Club members. The cost this year is $33.00 per day with water and a 30 amp electrical hook up.

Last year was a great time, I'm sure it will be even better this year.

Our new Barthmobile webmaster Bill NY is planning on attending. Many of us are looking forward to meeting him.

More details will follow. Post any suggestions you have to help make this affair a little more special.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill G:
... set a date for our next Barth get together. It is tentatively set for August 22,23,24 at the Oak Haven Campground (same location as last year)in Wales, MA, near Sturbridge. I am awaiting their confirmation...
It might fill up fast this year. Looking at their website it says...
quote:
August 22-23 - 12th Annual Oak Haven Golf Tournament - Sign up your favorite foursome or check the office for details. On Saturday evening enjoy our fried dough ($) while enjoying a current movie. All proceeds will go to Shriner’s Hospital.
If you're sitting on the fence, or a golfer, act sooner rather than later.

So Bill, just how big is their Miniature Golf Course? Big Grin
quote:
Bill NY is planning on attending.
If you can secure that date, I will be there. Cool

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill NY and everyone else,

Oak Haven confirmed with me today (2/11/08) and will be sending me a registration confirmation through the mail. They only respond to emails during the winter and start answering the phone in mid April.

Last year we kept it casual with nice evening bonfires and a great potluck dinner on Saturday. This was a very successful plan as it left time for lots of mingling and casual time. Unless you folks want to do something different, I'll keep things as they were.

As we get closer, I'll provide more details. Much will depend on the size of the group. As I mmentioned, you need to make your own reservations, just let them know you are with the Barth group.

I camped over fifteen different times last season, and this was the best camp-out of them all. Barthmobilers are an awsome group of people.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I missed the first one. I will not miss the 2nd GTG.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi Barthmobilers,

Just checking in to remind everyone about our "Get Together" on August 22,23,24 at the Oak Haven Campground (same location as last year) in Wales, MA, near Sturbridge, MA.

Here is a link to the website: http://www.oakhavencampground.com/

This was an great time for those who attended last year. We have our own small safari field with 30 amp electrical hook-ups and water. Since this can be a rather hot time of the year, the good electrical will allow the running of our AC's. There is also a pool next to the safari field.

I am looking forward to meeting new Barth owners and re-visiting the friends made last year. Our new web host Bill N.Y. will be attending.

Please contact the campground to make your reservations either by calling or through their website.

See you there,
Bill G

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just checking in to remind everyone about our "Get Together" on August 22,23,24 at the Oak Haven Campground (same location as last year) in Wales, MA, near Sturbridge, MA.
Ok Mr Goodwin, I just booked my reservation for that weekend.

When calling, make sure you say that you'll be with the "Goodwin" group.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
I just booked the week-end at Oak Haven.

This year we will be arriving on thursday and leaving on monday, just so we could enjoy a little longer week-end among friends.

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Ray and Maggie,

Glad to see you'll be back. Georgene and I are looking forward to seeing you again.

Bill

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
No promises yet, but I hope to be there.

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
It would be great to have you folks back again this year.

How's the Bluesmobile coming along?

Bill G

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Wish Kathleen and I could make it this year, but prior committments and time constraints will not allow it. Hopefully we will be able to catch up to everyone next time....
Bruce
p.s. We won't be able to make the other gathering in Tenn. either. I would love to see the two rallies combine into one next year at a gathering point that would be somewhat equal distance for all, like maybe in the West Virginia,Virginia or Maryland area? Something to ponder....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Sorry you can't make it, everyone will surely miss you and Kathleen. Well, maybe we'll miss the sweet corn moreSmiler

Your thoughts on a combined "Get Together" have some merit. There are a lot of good choices for a location in the mid-atlantic states.

I, for one would try to attend.

Bill G

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bruce,

Sorry you can't make it, everyone will surely miss you and Kathleen. Well, maybe we'll miss the sweet corn moreSmiler

Your thoughts on a combined "Get Together" have some merit. There are a lot of good choices for a location in the mid-atlantic states.

I, for one would try to attend.

Bill G

How about someplace like "kings Dominion" in Virginia? We will also try to make it.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
35 days to go...

Do we have a listing of who will be attending?

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

I just contacted Oak Haven Campground to get the list of registerd campers for our get together. At this point we have four Barthmobilers attending: Bill N.Y. (Newburg, NY), RayMag (Shefford, QC Canada), Bill G (West Springfield, MA, and Richard Muise (Springfield, MA).

BarthBluesmobile hinted that they may show. They were at last year's event. They were planning a lot of work on their Barth, so it would be nice to see their progress.

Since it is blueberry season, I am planning a delicious blueberry pancake breakfast with maple syrup and other assorted goodies for Saturday morning. Like last year, we will have a "pot-luck" dinner on Saturday evening, so bring your favorite main dish. I will provide a nice garden salad to go with the meal. I will also bring fire wood for campfires on Friday and Saturday evenings.

We have a smaller turn-out so far, but I am sure it will be a good time.

Any questions or comments, email me at wgood1209@verizon.net.

Bill G