Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Sorry, I was wet from Minnesnowta water, Doris!

What? We are dry like the Sahara! Because we are so dry I never make a mistake and that is why I felt comfortable giving you a hard time. Remember be nice to me or I'll have to uninvite you. Big Grin Big Grin

Just in case you are new the the site. Duane likes to give me a hard time but it is all in good fun of playful banter.

Even Duane is welcome at our Minnesnowta GTG. Come join us. It will melt away the Pandemic BLUES. We will be using hard liquor with high alcohol content to eliminate the Covid19.

Got to be a better than bleach internally Confused

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I forgive you Duane (been called worse Big Grin).
Maybe if we can get everything in order and convince our new 65 lb teenage "puppy" not to chew the motorhome up (and everything else) we can go on a road trip. Sure could use some fresh air and good company!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kindness!! My collie is 11 so he sleeps 23/7, the Shetland is in to everything, he thinks he is so cute no one would criticize him. I bet your puppy is the same! I love Nose, but, I love dogs more!!

I guess practice and age is the only cure. Good tidying's the pup will come around..

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to say this but I will not be able to attend the GTG. I have been looking forward to it for some time. head bang

While in Florida I noticed some changes in my right eye. Over the course of the winter I noticed glare and more blurry in the right eye especially for reading. Recently some peripheral changes as well.

I made an eye appt as soon as I got home. Saw the doc today. Seven years ago I got lens implants for cataracts, with excellent results. It seems that some scar tissue from the edge of the right eye implant has overgrown the implant a bit. Not unusual after a few years, apparently.

As long as the tissue stays attached to the implant it can easily be removed with a laser procedure. However if it breaks loose it can create a shower of "floaters" which are hard to pinpoint and remove.

As a result I am motivated to get the laser procedure asap. I made the appt with the eye surgeon today and we will proceed promptly.

Unfortunately, this takes priority over the trip to Minnesnowta. I will be staying local here to get my eyes taken care of.

Perhaps we can schedule another GTG event when virus issues and my eye work have stabilized. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5165 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Steve, Good luck with your eye issue. I to am dealing with eye issues, Injection of medication into eyes about once a month. getting improvement. wonder how much a set back on this virus with all the protesting and disturbing riots were having right now.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve, Sorry to hear of your health issue. Glad you are able to get it attended to so rapidly. Another time will present its self get well my friend.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Steve, Sorry for your eye issue I had the procedure done a year or so ago. Out patient operation, fairly short recovery.
......... piece-o-cake. Thumbs Up

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Less than a week away. Group has gotten smaller. We had planned the event on Steve's travels for his boat launch. It is supposed to be warm next week. I think we should move over to my house if thats okay. Anyone needing to plug in can. Better lawn. 15 mile west.

I've often had coaches in the yard. I have a 2nd 50 amp and can run multiple 110s. We live on a dead end culdesac and the end neighbor is living with fiance so we can use the road also and not impeed anyone.

Sound off who's still in and who's out.

We can reschedule to later if needed. I took days off so I'll be doing a staycation or road trip if everyone is out. Guess what I'm saying is no pressure/no hurt feeling if we decide no.

Steve get that eye fixed. Those that have eye issues know how important that is.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Held off on bringing Tonka out of her winter hibernation until we had a better understanding of the local status of the Coronavirus pandemic.

We brought her out into the spring sun yesterday. She fired right up and ran like she’s really ready for some summer adventures.

Our 7 month old welsh terrier puppy is totally amazed and trying to figure out the giant car that’s also a house now parked in her driveway.

Unfortunately for us based on our low health risk tolerance, Tonka will spend much/most/all the summer in our driveway where I can at least work on her to do list and take her out to play in traffic a little.

Sadly for us, we’ll have to miss the MNSnowda GTG and introducing our “wild and crazy” puppy to Barth travels and new friends.

Steve sorry to hear of your eye issue. I had the same or similar problem with mine. The laser surgery resolved the problem and my eyesight has been great since then.

We’ll really miss seeing you all, and all the shared knowledge and adventures, all the laughs and great gab, and the good eats (especially Dana’s pork butt).

Everyone stay safe and keep on keeping on and we’ll see you on the flip side of the pandemic.

Thanks, Tooling Along
Wally and Connie

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Covid 19 is a tragedy. 60000 seasonal flu deaths each year is a tragedy. 40000 deaths in car accidents is a tragedy. Over 600000 cancer deaths each year is a tragedy. Why do we accept these things as part of life? Because we can't do anything about them. We try and make a little headway but we can't eradicate death.

These times have been called the age of hysteria.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Riots and Covid. I have talked to folks today and last night. We are going to postpone and try later this Summer or early fall.

Suggestion of date will be considered. You know I’m always busy. I will be working on my to do list next week as I lined up my folks to cover for me.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sorry this thing caved. These are strange times indeed. I am still looking forward to gettiing out that way again soon. We miss you guys. Take care, be well.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5165 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
The riots from Minnesnowta do not compare to the vast amount of water streaming from that state!! At least we can still complain about a flooded Mississippi River. We are not yet in flood but the level has far exceeded good Bass Fishing levels again, and it is all Danas' fault!!!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Slept in the coach last night. I love the rain sounds. (Duane is going to have to take up a new hobby that doesn’t depend on river flow)Going over to a local park tonight just to get out. Lynn needs a day out. 97 degrees Monday supposed to be 70 today. Needed to get Midnight out for a little exercise. Try all the systems out. Changes have been made. I have a newly installed 8000 Quiet diesel generator to play with. Thanks Ed

Flushed the water the other day and blew a pipe. Thought it was from freezing. Nope. When Barth made the coach they abraded the pipe nearly through. Looks like a saw cut. It finally went. Inside the wall under the washer. I had to remove the washer to get to it. That meant disassembling the cabinet and also removing the toilet. Idiots

We will not be smoking pork butts today.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of Bob & Yvonne M.
posted Hide Post
Hey Dana,
Glad your getting out and enjoying your coach. There is always something, I know. I have to finish getting the electric portion of my water heater working. I am going to replace all the parts once I drain it out and somehow crawl into the cabinet. I am going to have to disconnect the pipes because I cant get the metal cover off without moving the pipes, nice design.
The other thing I am wrestling with is finding some weather-stripping for the screen door. If you have any source please let me know.
I hope you both have a great time.
Bob.

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post