Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Bob & Yvonne M.
posted Hide Post
Hi Dana,

We think its a great idea to have the GTG at your place of business in the parking lot. Unless something unexpected comes up, we will be there.

Thanks for your work on this.
Bob.

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Good morning to everybody. Kazy and I have been waiting to make a decision on the GTG. I know a lot of people don't take the virus serious but We do. So I am sorry to say that we won't be attending this years GTG. I hope everybody has a safe and great time and we hope to see everybody next year. what a strange time!
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We will surely miss you both. I understand your concerns and I don't blame you. Hope to see you again when we can.

Liz and I will leave Florida on Monday. When we get home we will stay inside there for two weeks then run up to see my Dad for a few days to launch his boat. Dad is 88 now and we want to be sure we don't expose him to anything. We will stay in the coach in his driveway. Plan to head to MN after that.

If others are apprehensive we could always delay until another time. No reason to take chances. We have a flexible schedule this summer/fall.

Tale care and be safe.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob & Yvonne M.
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve,
I hope you have a safe trip home. We left Turkey Creek (where Ed and Deb live as well) early April this year as we had projects to get done at home so as long as we were confined, we thought might as well do it there. We filled fuel in LaBelle before we left and made it almost to Nashville before filling again. Then we made it home from there so our exposure was limited.
While we certainly understand people may not want to come for safety reasons, we have no problem being there. We feel comfortable using reasonable precautions and of course it is only an hour drive for us so that helps as well. We hope to see you and everyone else there in June.
Bob & Yvonne

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I hope we all know this is a dangerous virous specially for us with a bit of age, but enough is enough! Lets be as careful as possible, but even at advanced years life goes on.

Sure would be cool to see a bunch of Barths, sitting together in a parking lot, would we have to hide the liquor? Do you think we could circle the Barths like the covered wagons of old? Maintain 6 foot social distance of course.

Dana is there a place for my dog to poop??

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Duane I thought everyone had there pets toilet trained? Yes there is.

I checked and we are approved to go ahead (use the lot)so I am saying that is our plan.

I fully understand Kenny and Kazy. I’m on the line every day. I’m no more at risk than any other day.

I assured my GM we would self police. Alcohol is fine. I’m pretty sure Steve will keep his pants up.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
I assured my GM we would self police. Alcohol is fine. I’m pretty sure Steve will keep his pants up.

If alcohol is allowed, I wouldn't be too sure about my pants.
(Besides, my belt broke, that's all... that's my story...) ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve, I may have to rescind my earlier comment" Steve is an upstanding citizen" Never has there been a pair of slip on shorts with a belt!!!! More less a broken belt!!!

I could say "lier, lier pants on fire" but that would be to obvious...

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Pants on fire.. yeah that's it! Had to take them off! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
There must be something wrong in ole Minnesnowta, the river is dropping nicely, Dana must have melted all his white stuff!!!!

Next Monday pool 13 is supposed to be at 8ft, that's prime bass level!!! First time in 2 years it has been at this level this time of year. Last year it was super flood all spring and most of the summer!!!

So Dana is our parking lot north or south??? Hour almost difference in travel time in Nose??

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I changed the title. It’s about the people not the place. We will have no references to place other than what has been so far communicated. We are not flaunting or thumbing our noses at the situation and trying times. Anyone wants to join us you are welcome. There won’t be any shaming or guilt laying from or friends of anyone not feeling comfortable with coming. Everyone has to be true to their feelings.

I’ll probably be there on the 8th driving Midnight to work. Lynn will be over after work. I might pre cook the pork butts. Or I might cook them there. I already bought them and I am fond of my left overs. Remember to bring something to share. Your specialties are always appreciated.

We have a dump station on site. Water is available to fill your tank if needed. No plug ins so a more rustic experience.

To social distance make sure you have your comfortable chair. I’ll have a tape measure to figure out what 6 ft is. I know a place you can get most things you would need

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Will not be able to join y'all this June, several reasons. Hopefully another time. Enjoy (highly recommend the pork butt and the rhubarb crisp). The location is nice too (been there overnight), basic supplies available walking distance. Plenty dog walking and exercise space too. And social distancing Cool

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Heck!! Gonna miss you Marvin and Lois. Take care!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Heck!! Gonna miss you Marvin and Lois. Take care!

Lois? Don’t tell Doris Marvin has a girlfriend! Or is that Doris’s alias?

We will miss you both. You know you are always Welcome!

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I was wet from Minnesnowta water, Doris!

P30 chassis
350 engine