Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Duane, I'm so sorry for the troubles. I watch the news here in Tennessee and they didn't give the damage in Iowa much coverage at all. All we seem to get is Covid 19, Trump, and Biden, and I'm sick of all of it. I try to live by this motto: "If you can't say something decent about a person, keep your mouth shut". Seems like that would eliminate about 90% of what's on television.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
You need to watch the Weather Channel more Jim Hide not Heather (WVLT).
Duane, glad you escaped unharmed. It really looks bad !!!! And so widespread.
Sorry to miss the GTG but we have reservation somewhere else already.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well yesterday they restored the power to my part of town and I returned home last evening, I love my kids but they seem to think they are my boss these days!!!

So I was sitting here half asleep and my phone rang, it was of course a scam call about my social security, but that call alerted me that my cable company had reconnected me. I now have power, phone, internet and cable tv. Life is now almost normal, excluding Covid!!!!

Been calling around trying to get the lowdown on my Onan Generator, seems to be the consensus that I have a loose valve seat. I did get it running but it is popping and will not run anywhere near smooth or at speed. I did not realize Onan was related to Cummins Engine.

Sure would be nice to have it for Minnesota!!

Jim, yes sick of the politics and Covid nonsense too!! There has to be other important stuff for the news to broadcast.

Thanks all for your concern!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
You just thought you wanted cable back on.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:

Doorman are you referring to all the great news and uplifting political rhetoric That you get from the boob tube as dad called it?

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doorman:

Doorman are you referring to all the great news and uplifting political rhetoric That you get from the boob tube as dad called it?[/QUOT

Dana, boob tube is to some of us a today term, show respect for age!!! These kids today!! Hide

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Please excuse me for this momentary drift of an 8 page thread but I have to ask: How did the term "Boob Tube" originate? My father used the term. He did very much appreciate the production qualities of HeeHaw. Thumbs Up

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pirate19:
Please excuse me for this momentary drift of an 8 page thread but I have to ask: How did the term "Boob Tube" originate? My father used the term. He did very much appreciate the production qualities of HeeHaw. Thumbs Up

As I recall back in the old days, anyone that was less than a genius or not a very bright person was called a BOOB, therefore the connection. Regarding Hee Haw all I remember is the cut off shorts and cleavage!!!

I guess I also have made this thread a drift and general gripe area, oh well it happens!!! That's what Minnesnowta is all about!!! Sorry Dana!!! See ya soon!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That was what I remembered also. Boob tube was a reference to brain dead television programming. (Nothing like today, of course...)

As for Hee Haw, who can ever forget the words of wisdom from my favorite sage, Junior Samples? ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
I did not realize Onan was related to Cummins Engine.

Good to hear you are OK and somewhat back to normal!

FYI Cummins acquired Onan back in 1986

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
From the depths of somewhere:

The two words were combined based on the notion that much of what is viewed on television is either foolish, or geared toward foolish people, also known as the booboisie, a word coined by HL Mencken for 'the class composed of all who are considered boobs'.Jan 12, 2016

Menken was a pretty good journalist in the first part of the 1900s.

And even more:
Journalist and critic H. L. Mencken is often credited with coining "booboisie," a blend of "boob," as it refers to someone who cares too much about things and too little about ideas and art, and "bourgeoisie," that French-origin term for the middle class.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Darryl & Kathy Smith
posted Hide Post
Well I am sorry to say we are not going to make it to the get together. Being a small business owner in these trying times is proving to be quite a hand full . We hope you all have a great time and we hope to see you all at the next one. Darryl & Kathy

Former Breakaway owners

Posts: 59 | Location: michigan | Member Since: 11-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
It's a tough time, especially for small business owners like yourselves. Let the Barth community know if there is anything we can do.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darryl & Kathy Smith:
Well I am sorry to say we are not going to make it to the get together. Being a small business owner in these trying times is proving to be quite a hand full . We hope you all have a great time and we hope to see you all at the next one. Darryl & Kathy

Sorry to hear. Was looking forward to seeing you both.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Just a week away, have we chosen Maiden Rock again???

P30 chassis
350 engine