Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
That's ok Dana do not worry about folks to the south of you, we are tough!

The Army Corps of Engineers needs to figure out a system to reverse the flow of the Mississippi river during times of need! Looks like we are headed for another summer of high water, really screws up the Bass fishing, however the Walleye guys love it. My river pool has the only Pelican Nursery north of the Mason Dixon line and even they have have been quite confused for the last few years..

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Might be in MN in Aug. Having a hard time staying still. But it is a mighty big MIGHT.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
September 8,9,10 is the new dates. Kenny is checking with Maiden Rock. Stay tuned for more updates. Hope to see a bunch of our friends!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
So glad to see a new date for this GTG, like the Maiden Rock campground, Hope lots of folks can make it, I sure will if at all possible. Depends on how much water Dana sends our way, Nose could be underwater!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Sounds inviting, cooler fall weather, yeah.
Duane, get a snorkel for the Nose Big Grin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Sounds inviting, cooler fall weather, yeah.
Duane, get a snorkel for the Nose Big Grin

Aren't you in charge of the blender? How could we have it without you? Hope you can make it. Looking forward to it. No Tea for Doris!

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Doris AKA Lois, why no Tea? Good point about a Nose snorkel. Bluebirds can fly to Minnesnowta.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Do not mention tea. That stuff makes me walk and talk funny ... Bluebird would love to go North, but there is also a Bird gathering in Michigan about the same time. And I need some "Painted turtle" cider, from Lowell MI (best in the world).

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Do not mention tea. That stuff makes me walk and talk funny ... Bluebird would love to go North, but there is also a Bird gathering in Michigan about the same time. And I need some "Painted turtle" cider, from Lowell MI (best in the world).

Perfect opportunity to meet up with Steve and take the Mac bridge and the northern route to Maiden Rock via tandem! Have Marvin and Steve drive and you and Liz can drink the cider!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I am kind of funny about MY Bird Big Grin Marvin has not driven it yet, LOL, he does the drinking and I do the driving. Maybe we take the ferry. So ready for a roadtrip to cooler places though, it is near 100 down here in Georgia. We got the dash A/C fixed too, a Thermoking unit, works great.

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I am glad to hear you might be able to make it. I tried to warn you about the tea! Blame Tom and Nancy. I enjoyed it!

By then I believe I will be able to make some horseradish vodka in absentia for Rusty!

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Any further activity, have you heard from Maiden Rock? Hope all is well in Minnesnowta...

P30 chassis
350 engine

posted Hide Post
Hi all - My name is Elaine Finn and my husband is Jack. We are totally new owners of an older Barth Regal. This is our first time owning any kind of RV. Jack is registered also and asks lots of tech questions. I like more general info. Somehow we found out about the GTG ( what does GTG stand for ? ) at Camp MaidenRock West in Minnesota, Sept 8,9 10. We are really interested in participating - Would really appreciate any information. Does everyone try to park in the same area ??? Are reservations available ??? Thanks in advance

Posts: 6 | Location: Royal Oak, MI | Member Since: 07-30-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Finn:
Hi all - My name is Elaine Finn and my husband is Jack. We are totally new owners of an older Barth Regal. This is our first time owning any kind of RV. Jack is registered also and asks lots of tech questions. I like more general info. Somehow we found out about the GTG ( what does GTG stand for ? ) at Camp MaidenRock West in Minnesota, Sept 8,9 10. We are really interested in participating - Would really appreciate any information. Does everyone try to park in the same area ??? Are reservations available ??? Thanks in advance

First welcome to the Barth family, enjoy that old machine as do the rest of us, enjoy if not love ours.

GTG = Get To Gather. I guess we are still in the process of organizing this one. Best if you just wait and monitor this thread and as more information is posted we will all learn what to do this time. Hope you can make it, the more the better, lots of great folk always show up.

Usually we all park in one area and Maiden Rock likes us to call and make a reservation, however it is not finalized as of yet.

Once again a hardy welcome!!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info - I will try to monitor any updates.

Posts: 6 | Location: Royal Oak, MI | Member Since: 07-30-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post