Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta GTG Will Try June 2021 Camp Maidenrock West
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Lynn is going to give a call Maiden Rock tomorrow. COVID makes things interesting.

Let’s have a sound off of those thinking about making it. I’m not holding anyone to this as a solid commitment. Just need to have an idea for Maiden Rock!

Lynn is going to call tomorrow to get the skinny. We stil have our alternate if needed.

Welcome Elaine and Jack! We have a great bunch. We are not very rigid in our schedule. We may have a tasty adult beverage. At Maiden Rock I am really close so I bring my smoker and smoke a bunch of butts.

We share stories, expertise, laughs and friendship.

Get together! GTG

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob & Yvonne M.
posted Hide Post
Good morning Dana,
We are still planning on attending and looking forward to it. I hope the campground will be open for it.
We could always revert back to your company's parking lot Smiler

Thanks for taking the lead on this.

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I will be there unless you flood the river and nose is underwater!!!! Thanks, I hope it is not my butt you will roasting!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Lynn called Maiden Rock today. They said no problem. Electricity and water only. Said the pool MAY be open. The pool area will be restrooms open. No deposits needed. They just want a call to reserve but no cancelation fee.

Easy just call and tell them you are part of the Barth Group. They will group us together. I didn’t notice any difference between sites.

Everyone needs to call and let them know. Camp Maiden Rock West Morristown Minnesnowta. 507-685-2280. Sept 8,9,10

Let Get Together!

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Darryl & Kathy Smith
posted Hide Post
Kathy and I are planning on going.

Former Breakaway owners

Posts: 59 | Location: michigan | Member Since: 11-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I gave Maiden rock a call today, have sites 1-13 and 17-23 available. She told me we can decide what we want to do as we arrive, all they need is our name and number of folks. She also said if anyone is going to arrive before the 8th to make it after 2PM the 7th.

Whoppie, ain't no damn Covid gonna prevent this good time!!! I will wear a mask, except when eating or drinking. Wait that might be all the time!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Less than a month. I’m looking forward to seeing you all. From coast to coast. North to South. We still will be missing some of our friends. I don’t blame anyone for their choices. Those that do meet will be careful.

Weather should be beautiful. Of course there are no Guarantees. Hopefully Duane hasn’t made Mother Nature mad complaining about water flowing down river to him.

Remember to call Maiden Rock. No deposits needed they are just looking for a number to be prepared for.

The sites that they gave Duane are different than the ones we have normally had. They are water and Electric only. 17 thru 23 We can just line up as we arrive.

1 thru 16 are primitive no Electric.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I am sure most people would say 2020 has not been their best year. So it seems for me. I seem to have some kind of jinx with my eyes and the MN GTG.

Seven years ago I had both lenses in my eyes replaced due to early cataracts. Vision was better than before, clear, bright and better than 20/20 both eyes. Wonderful!

Earlier this spring I began having issues with my right eye. It was clouding over again. The eye doctor determined it was a secondary cataract, not the lens but a membrane behind it that had become cloudy. I also had numerous floaters in my peripheral vision.

On July 17th I had an in office laser procedure to remove the offending membrane and my vision was right back to clear and bright! Like looking through sheer drapes and someone pulled them back! An amazing example of modern medicine at work. Superman

However, it seems the story is not over. The floaters become a shadow in the eye. Went back to the eye doctor on Aug 4. By the end of that same day, I saw 2 other doctors and had eye surgery at the hospital to repair a detached retina! confusion

The surgery reattached the retina nicely. A bubble of air was left in the eye to help hold the retina in place while healing. All is well but the eye will be cloudy for some time until the bubble is reabsorbed. I was instructed to keep head pointing down for the first week so bubble will stay up. I have follow up appts in 2 weeks, then 2 weeks later.

So once again, I will not be attending the MN GTG. I will miss the fun and the company. head bang

I guess this is all my own fault. Years ago, my mother told me not to abuse myself or I'd go blind. I guess I didn't quit in time. ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob & Yvonne M.
posted Hide Post
OMG Steve, that made me laugh out loud. (not your problems, the last part).

Sorry to hear about your eye problems and I wish you the best of luck for a successful surgery. I was so looking forward to meeting you and discussing our coaches.

I appreciated your post about your water heater because I had to rebuild mine, both electric which didn't work even when Ed had the coach, and the gas which needed rebuilding. The problem was that in 97 they put the heater under the counter in an empty space that you have to crawl into another counter under the sink to get to. I was glad to be short. However, I discovered that the sink has become detached from the counter top so now I have to fix that as well.
Anyway I will miss seeing you but again, best of luck with your surgery. Keep us posted.
Bob.

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you caught it just in time and got it fixed. Scary ... we wish that all heals well and take it easy, let it heal.
We will not make it to Minnesnowta neither, we had long ago plans to go to Ludington (we missed that last year). Also believe our planned Alaska trip is jinxed too, last years always something happened and this year we were ready ... oh well.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
We will not make it to Minnesnowta neither, we had long ago plans to go to Ludington (we missed that last year). Also believe our planned Alaska trip is jinxed too, last years always something happened and this year we were ready ... oh well.

691 days and counting. We are talking about Alaska sometime after that. I’m not telling you to wait but an Alaskan caravan with our group would be a great trip. Something to think about? I got people and places I got to get to. Just 691 days to the adventure to begin.

We will miss you.

Steve keep up the mend. Hopefully when you go put the boat to bed we can meet up. We all neeed to protect our sight and hearing. What we have left.

So far the list as I know it
Dana and Lynn
Ed
Duane
Bob and Yvonne
Darryl and Kathy

Anyone else coming to join us? Everyone still okay with me smoking up pork butts for the group? I am not paranoid about the COVID but don’t want us to be part of the problem. I will wear mask and always have done gloves when working with the smoker. I’m asking for input.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Steve, so sorry for the troubles you're having with your eyes but good to know things are on the mend. Tere has had 2 retina tears in her eyes but both operations were successful and she is doing well now. Since we have no motor home, her project now centers around the '78 Mercedes 450SL. We've had it for a long time, back when I was working for a living. She's in the middle of replacing all the calipers, rotors, pads, brake lines, on all four wheels. Little easier working on a 4000# machine than a 12000# motor home.

Hum

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
2020 Sucks, last Monday, we had the worst storm I have ever seen in 76 years. Almost all of central Iowa river to river was affected. In my town we still have not recovered electrical power and parts of the town may not see electricity for weeks, 100's of trees torn down, busting the power and cable lines. Surprisingly very little property damage.

I finally gave up the ghost and am staying in Chicago with my daughter. So Covid, and now the worst wind storm of 100 years, no power for weeks.

I hate 2020!!!

So Nose bore the wind well, but during the power outage I connected the generator to our house for power to keep the food cold or frozen as required, this of course teed off Nose and he\she blew up the generator engine. Not sure how this will affect My Minnesnowta GTG attendance, Hope to have a new generator and installed before the GTG.

We seem to have a good count on those that can not attend, how about those that can and will???

Smoke that Butt Dana!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Duane,
I called a number of times checking on you. Went straight to voicemail. I assume I have your land line that’s out because of the storm.

Sorry to hear you were hit.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
Duane,
I called a number of times checking on you. Went straight to voicemail. I assume I have your land line that’s out because of the storm.

Sorry to hear you were hit.

Thanks Dana, and yes no land line and i do not use the cell very often, on the road is about all. Been 8 days now with no power. Need to get back home and fix that generator!!!!

Even when they get the power restored I will not have internet, our cable company is worse than Allient Energy.

P30 chassis
350 engine