Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Midwest Barth G-T-G
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
What a great looking bunch of coaches, they all look to be spit shone up for the occasion. Sloop's tee shirt says it all.....And everyone posing with the family, either two legs or four Smiler

Looks like you all had a blast. Mary Ray's Rocky is adorable. Thanks for all the pics, those of who didn't make it are now extremely jealous of y'all who did.

Again, every one of you should be proud....

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
You sure are right about one thing,..I rubbed and scrubbed my Barth to the point of driving my Tina crazy! I even scammed out of work on Wed. to clean her up a little more before hitting the road. I even pulled my Barth signs and repainted them with some acrylic enamel before departure....and I even recoated my Receiver, tow hooks, and all steps with epoxy mastic and clear urethane. Roll Eyes I hope my dog Spiegel was not too anoying for anyone on the trip..(she has major separation anxiety whenever Tina leaves her side while camping for some reason). I consider everyone who went a lifelong friend. Don and Sue Lucas are like newleyweds,..you simply have to meet them! I even got to have a couple beers with Don (Sue is foxy..looks a lot like Dorris Day). I was not able to see Richard and Nancy off when they left on Saturday but I would love to meet up with them in Mass at the next GTG. It was Nancy's idea to have the pot luck dinner (great recomendation!). They have this screened in room on the side of there Breakaway where they can project movies on the wall via I-Pod and projector. I planned to watch one with them but I somehow got tied up jabber jawing around the campfire and the time escaped me. Candis and Morris Ronnebaum left at about the same time I did and it was such a pleasure to meet them. I call their coach the "Magnifacent Monarch" and they were only too happy to take you for a tour. John and Audrey already have a couple trips scheduled for this year and I hope to meet up with them soon as they don't live all that far from Tina and I. I want to thank you both as without John's support, this GTG probably would not have meterialised. Jeff and Joy are now on my speed dial. I was able to talk Joy into a jeager bomb or two but we did not remember to bring Margarita ingridients to put in her built in Nu Tone blender on board. Reese and Quenton wore my shoulder out by day 2 throwing the football around and the best way to describe them is the boys have no lack of self confidence. I can tell a few stories about it and we were only camping for 3 days! I did not get a very good picture of Fast Eddie but he is in the 13th photo with his right shoulder facing the camera...by the Barth book. I could talk to him for hours around a bonfire. He is a great conversationalist and I look foreward to meeting his wife. He was unable to bring his MCC Regency (83) with him this year but next year seems promising. Now, I don't know if anyone out there is looking for just one more reason to go to the GTG at the Nations Capital but if you are, Mary Ray will be there and that is reason enough to go by itself. We all very much enjoyed our time talking with her and Rocky. For her to come all that way just to spend a few days with us is humbling to say the least...a real treat! Speaking of Treats, Lou and Barb stopped by on Saturday night with Ice cream for all. Fast Eddie and I killed 2 bowls a piece but he beat me by finishing off the leftovers. They are the kindest poeple your ever going to meet and we were so lucky to have them stop by. They are in the process of selling their house in Allegan and when they do, they will be buying a Barth. Keep us posted on the progress Lou!

"Did anyone get a group shot of...

...Everybody?

...all the coaches lined up?"

Would you believe it if I said we were too busy? Confused Ugh....did you see or picure of Rocky though? Smiler

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
First Jeff and Joy need a new picture of thier Barth on the page as it is now a piece of ART. Smiler Second the boys are stud muffins, I have never seen such a pose of young ladies following the two of them Cool Joy has loads of other pic to post some cold and windy winter night when she thinks back on the GTG , I think Smiler

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, I recognized Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Tom Cruise, Katherine Heigl, Famke Janssen, Hugh Jackman, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and a few more, but who are these other people? Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Not sure this thread is anywhere near done as yet, but it can't be a finished product unless we thank Kris and Tina for the work they did. They were the consumate host & hostess and made all of us feel extremely welcome. What a joy to have such lively folks in charge. And hopefully anyone reading this caught the fact that in January there will be an addition to the Jones family. Hmmmm. Is a bigger Barth in their future?

Good luck, Kris and Tina. You did a fine job.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lou:
And hopefully anyone reading this caught the fact that in January there will be an addition to the Jones family.
That's what the TBA stands for? Kris, Tina, Speigel, & TBA

Congratulations on the upcoming addition. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Okay, I did a little tweeking!

I may have gotten it

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Worked for me, you are amazing.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
http://s599.photobucket.com/al...?albumview=slideshow

I would just like to say, Thank You to everyone! We would have never made it to the GTG without the help of a whole bunch of Barthmobile members. At one point we started out and had to be towed back, at this point it did not look good for us to make it. But, we did make it and had such a good time, we have made friends on this sight that we will cherish forever! Meeting everyone in person was just a big bonus.

It was like a big family reunion, with family that you like to spend time with ROTFLMAO

We can't wait to make it to the GTG next year!

We miss everyone already, and are looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much guys! Nice pics Joy! Thanks a lot for posting. Smiler

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi from Don and Susan Lucas...
First chance we've had to thank ya'll for a great time...we honestly feel we've known each and every one of you for years..wonderful folks.
What a blast to finally meet "the legend"...Mary Ray! Her stories were worth the trip alone!It was interesting to see the variety of coaches and floorplans. Everyone was so nice to let us traipse through on "the tour". We hope we can make some more Barth get-togethers in the future...until then...keep the greasy side down!!

Posts: 16 | Location: Allegan, Michigan | Member Since: 02-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post