Tools
Reply To This Topic

Midwest Barth G-T-G
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted
Midwest Barth G-T-G ~ June 25-29

Sloop John B, and I are proposing a get together at the Van Buren State park on the South West coast of Michigan. There is plenty of restaurants and fun things to do there on the water (not to mention the sun sets are second to none here I have been told), and we would like to recruit some more Folks for the trip. How about Thursday June the 25th thru Sunday June the 29th for starters? Lou, I already expect you are booking so expect no formal invite Smiler Thanks to Nick Cagle for helping us assemble.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
You'll really enjoy VBSP in June-July!......

Plan time for strolling through downtown Saugatuck, just up the road. (maybe leave the cc's in the Barth Wink

For a great meal, consider the Idler, a riverboat restaurant docked in downtown South Haven....

I grew up on the beaches of SW Michigan - might still be there if Global Warming had done its job.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great recomendations Lee! My wife will be on the project of finding enough sites to accomidate all this evening. Talk to you all soon

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the link to the Van Buren state Park. Any recomendations for a block of sites I should be trying to reserve this evening? I know Sloop has been there and Lee, any recomendations?

Van Buren State Park site

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
A quick look at campground map shows 97to 120 would be close to lake but not that close to be in other camper way Smiler I ran a quick check and these sites hold up to 45 Ft Cool

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Hey if you guys and gals can pull this off I'll offer to rent a van so I can drag you all over to our fair city (Allegan) so Barb and I can show you around. I think Sloop talked about the Allegan Antique show at the Allegan County Fairgrounds on last sundays of the month during the summer. We could do this early on the 28th and hit the event which normally includes more than 300 dealers in one spot. That and a short tour around the area could be a lot of fun. (All done so that there would be plenty of time to get everyone back to enjoy the South Haven shoreline.)

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a plan

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only problem with these sight numbers Sloop is that some of those sights only have 30 amp service which may or may not be convenient to everyone,..I will research more quickly but I will make a point to keeping the sights together, and close to a restroom, and on flat ground. Lou, that sounds great! Smiler If it makes it easier for ya though, I don't mind drivin folks around in my Barth as I can sit about 13 in folding chairs when the table is folded down. I will try to get a pic of my brothers wedding when I took his wedding party around town. Please continue to have patience for a day or so untill we get this all ironed out.

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
We dont even need a convoy we have a Barth Bus

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Kris: That sounds good. Living so close to the site of the GTG I certainly want to do my part. Glad you and Tina are heading this up and I'll wait to hear from you as to what legwork I can do. There are many interesting things to do around here and somewhere along the line I can offer a list of suggestions so folks have some choices.

Standing by.....

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry Please accept my most sincere apology for the delay. Ok,...we have 5 sites reserved for Thursday June 25th thru the 29th. All sites have 50 amp service and are as close as I could get to restrooms and play area should any kids attend. (the short notice limits the ability to get closer sites)

The basic fees are as follows:
$23 an night for 4 nights
$8 for reservation fee...(whatever that is) Confused
$29 for out of state annual pass (it is 8 or 10 bucks a day but cheaper this way because of 4 days)
$24 for in state annual pass.
$6 annual pass if over 65 years old.
$6 for the toad should you be bringing one.

We have sites number 138,139,140,141,142. I can add more if the situation warrants it. All sites were paid in advance for convenience but I have not paid for anything like a toad or the annual passes. Again, sorry for the delay, and give me a call if there is any questions at all.

By the way, some park rules: No dogs on beach, no alcohol in the Day areas (this is the picknic area and beach).

posted Hide Post
Some added notes,...my cell is 1-586-863-3699
Tina will be monitoring the site for a couple a days while I am doing a job in Jackson. If anyone wants to book one of these sites, it would probably help to call me first because there are confirmation codes to each site (they would not let me book them all in my name so I had to get creative) If anyone would rather pay the fee directly to the campground that works perfectly but it would have to be done in the next 10 days. (This means it would have to be done before the 1st of Febuary) With any luck I will find a better way before that day comes as I don't expect anyone wants to send me a check before they meet me. (And then they realy wont want to) Big Grin The four days comes to $100 even for each site ($23 x 4= $92 + $8 for reservation fee= $100. The oter stuff can be paid at the campground. If I am forgetting something, let me know.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting on the map Bill Smiler

Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to Michigan stuff that may be of interest to anyone planning on the June GTG.

http://www.waterwinterwonderland.com/tourist.asp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Great pix! Those were the days! I wonder how much still looks like that.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post