Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2017
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve,,,Have we a date decided and location?

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
(Look at the beginning of this thread.)
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/3753991097

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Sorry I meant in Indiana..

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Sorry I meant in Indiana..

Duhh, should have figured that.

I have a funeral in SE MI today. Thinking about next week. I haven't heard from Lou in Allegan yet. I was hoping to stop by their place on the way.

will you be coming through on I-80? we could meet at one of the exits where I'll be heading south. I will PM you in the next couple days, we'll nail it down.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Yes I could do I 80 0r 90. will await your Pm. Sorry to hear of your loss.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I will pm as soon as I get some feedback from Lou. I will call him tomorrow.

The funeral was my next door neighbor of 17 years or so. He was 76 and in poor health, a blessing really. Taking care of him was killing his wife, too. They are both better off.

See you next week. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
#34, Weds 12/6 - Mon 12/11.

I've cancelled, as there is no way the house and Barth will be ready.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sorry we won't see you there. Hopefully someone can grab up that site, though.

I have the Monarch back from the shop, should be good for a long time (for the money it better be! confusion )

Oil changed, filters changed, grease job

Inspect entire air system found 4 small leaks, replaced fittings, one valve. Removed defective venturi.

Replaced all 4 suspension air bags

Replaced both rear brake drums, shoes, hardware and both axle seals.

Oh boy, around $2k in parts and that much more for labor. Considering all the work done, I am not unhappy.

Have Barth again, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Darn, I forgot that the rally was over my wife's birthday or I would snatch up that site!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
#34, Weds 12/6 - Mon 12/11.

I've cancelled, as there is no way the house and Barth will be ready.

Rusty, sorry you can't make it. I'm guessing you really enjoy these GTGs!
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Sorry we won't see you there. Hopefully someone can grab up that site, though.

I have the Monarch back from the shop, should be good for a long time (for the money it better be! confusion )

Oil changed, filters changed, grease job

Inspect entire air system found 4 small leaks, replaced fittings, one valve. Removed defective venturi.

Replaced all 4 suspension air bags

Replaced both rear brake drums, shoes, hardware and both axle seals.

Oh boy, around $2k in parts and that much more for labor. Considering all the work done, I am not unhappy.

Have Barth again, will travel Tooling Along

Happy days are here again!!
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and I didn't even get my hands dirty! After doing EVERYTHING on the Regal, I must admit it is nice not getting dirty and sore. It seems the pen (and checkbook) are as mighty as the wrench, in the right hands.

Since I bought the Monarch, I now have new tires, new brakes, new shocks, air bags, starter and batteries, ready to rock! Already have 9,000 miles on it, soon to do another Florida run.

Looking forward to the GTG!

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I believe this will be the first Fl.GTG without Rusty. We'll miss him.

I guess it's time to go over what to expect, and put together our menu for Saturday evening's feast.
Friday afternoon and evening is sort of a get to know one another and greet old friends time, and folks usually put out some munchies and wine if they so choose. The campfire may be at our site, but of course you may decide to have one of you're own and that's fine.
Saturday is for canoeing, hiking, bike riding, or just hanging out relaxing. There is a tram that takes folks to the old fort that some may like.
Saturday night usually around 6:00 we get together for our feast, hopefully in the pavilion but it's first come first serve there so ?? We never have had a problem in the past. You can bring anything you like, and don't worry about bringing enough for everybody because we always have more than enough food. I'll probably do shrimp on the Barby and maybe bacon wrap some of them. Without Rusty we could use a favorite soup and beer bread. The pavilion has power so crock pots can be used. Please post what you decide to make so we have a variety of food.
Sunday morning we'll have a community breakfast with Mimosas and coffee, and another day of relaxing and doing whatever you want.

Looking forward to seeing everybody there, and if you haven't made reserves yet, Rusty's site is available.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great time will be had by all. We'll try to get to the next GTG near TN.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Getting closer! Thumbs Up

We are close to getting ready. After a cold early November, Mother Nature has been more kind lately. Looking like we may be above freezing next week so we can leave with water systems up and running! Thumbs Up

It will be great to bust out, head south, get some sun and see our friends! I think we'll need some Bloody Marys on Friday, too.

Liz is planning on a calico bean casserole for Sat dinner. We will arrive Thursday PM. Oh boy!

Have Barth, will travel, soon! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp