Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2017
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Hey Rusty

We miss your presence. It's a little cool and wet but had a good time last night. Things should clear up later today. Hope to see you again soon.

Deb &. Ed

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Back home safe and sound from the GTG. The weather wasn't the greatest but everyone made the best of it and we had a great time. The Saturday night feast was great as always, thanks to everyone who contributed. Today was much nicer, although kind of cool for us Florida folks. Lots of coach cruising and visiting in general, and a bunch of food coming out again for lunch and snacking.
Suzie and I sincerely thank everyone for attending and contributing so generously to making this a fun and memorable event in spite of less than perfect weather, and we hope to see you all and more next year.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
A big shout out for Danny, Suzie and Sammie for
producing another super GTG! I am glad I was able to attend the great gala. Seeing old friends and being able to put faces on others that have only been entries on "barthmobile" made the hassel I created for myself preparing to get there worth while. I am sorry I couldn't stay longer. A large Thank You to Liz VW for helping me out at dinner time. As some folks agreed maybe next time this affair should be held in Florida. ROTFLMAO
Thanks to all, it was wonderful to see all. cheers
Surely missed the onion soup Oh and Rusty. Go Navy! get 'em next year!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We had a great time. Made it to N Georgia last night. 38 this morning. Heading to Ky tonite home tomorrow. I have pics to post when I get wifi. Will be single digits at home. Should have stayed south a few days (or months) more!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nice sunny day in the 30's. Made it to Georgetown, Ky. Lost power going through Knoxville down to 35 mph. Had to pull over. How come these things happen where there are 5 lanes and no shoulder? Limped to an exit.

Turns out the fuel shut off solenoid broke a bolt and the bracket cracked off. I got lucky it didn't quit completely.

Pulled off the solenoid. Wired the fuel valve open, on my way again. Lost half hour. Must go back to engine to shut it off now. Oh well

Looks like teens tonite. I will plug in the engine heater tonite. I will drain and winterize when I leave in the morning. Should be home tmrw nite with single digits. Reminds me of my Fla run 2 years ago. 6 degrees at home 10 in Ohio and Ky then 18 in N Alabama. Crazy

I will post pics tmrw when I get home.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
This sounds like our trips south when my friend would call, ask the local temperature and laugh telling us that a 1000 miles away and 400 mile north he was warmer. It always seemed when we started home there was a band to the north that said, STAY PUT! ONLY FOOLS TRAVEL TODAY. Not wanting to have the only warm bathroom in many miles of stopped traffic we generally found a campground to overnight.
Safe travels and keep the posts coming, good luck and I hope you don't need to shovel to put your Barth in its berth. I am pulling for you.
Tim

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. Good news: 18 degrees in Georgetown this morning. Generator fired up fine.

Bad news: I had the Cummins plugged in overnight. Hit the key, nothing. Now what?

Headlights worked, I knew there was power to the front panel. Sure enough, turned the key, heard a click up front. Left the key on, whacked the relay in the front bay and the dash lights flickered. Finally jumped the relay and it all ran fine... need a new relay AND a fuel solenoid bracket! Can't shut off the power without going outside and can't shut off the engine without going back there.

Hit the road, good run to mid Ohio. Started to snow. Light and the roads were clear. By the Michigan line the roads were sloppy, went downhill from there. From Lansing north it was snow all the way home, white out for about 50 miles. Fools running 35 mph on the one "clear" lane. (I could do 50 without trouble, passed 'em in the left lane!)) Saw at least 50 cars in the ditch. Amateur day for sure. (Like Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations.")

Barth ran like a sled. Not that I ever want to do it again but I ran the last 200 miles on snow. Took over 10 hours from Georgetown, 13 degrees here. Below zero this morning. confusion

Sure enough Tim, I parked the coach in the road and ran the tractor to clear the drive. The back end is trashed. head bang

GTG pics are on the way.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Finally got home to wrassle with Photobucket. head bang

My coach made it there with a nice site.

But wait, there is a twin Barth behind! Ed and Deb were there when we arrived. Good to see old friends again.

Across the road, Danny has his "new" 79. A nice coach, very well maintained and upgraded.

Near by was Bill M and his Breakaway.

Further down, Evan and Holly's Breakaway.

Further yet, Baby Barth

What's going on here? A meeting of the minds? Some strange Barth ritual? hmm

On the end, our old friend Mogan David with his sweet SOB Foretravel.

Across the road, guy had a 91 Mallard coach. (and other cool toys)

On Sat evening we got together in the pavillion for some great food and fellowship. Barth people are such a great bunch!

We just never have enough food... ROTFLMAO

Sunday was clear but cold. The sun felt good and we made a fire at Ed and Deb's site. We ate leftovers from Sat nite and other stuff, sampled beverages. Hung around the fire till well after dark.

We had a wonderful time. A long run down and a tricky ride back but about 2700 Barth miles well worth it. Liz and I were pleased to see our old friends and met more Barth owners. Such a great bunch, we always have a great time. Thanks to Danny for doing this every year. A Barth GTG is always a good time.

Good thing I winterized this morning, it is 8 degrees here now! (Below 0 last night). head bang

Have Barths, will travel, a lot Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve, Looks like a good time was had by all! Great to have the ability to analyze and repair these old beasts on the fly.

The pictures are fabulous, I do not envy you the trip in Michigan. Or the cold temperatures on your arrival home. Glad all is well!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Duane. The GTGs really are a great time, I try to show a reason to attend. StinkyDaddy didn't make it, Bill usually takes great photos so I tried to get a few.

PhotoBucket can be a PITA but the site is worth it. I have been a photo geek since high school. Funny, I still don't use a phone camera, I have my trusty old small Nikon for that. It is reliable and I can get the results I want. (Better yet, it will not do selfies..)

Well, now that the GTG is over, what is our next event?

I think we need something in Minnesnowta in late spring. Dana, Kenny, Wally, me, let's do it. Not far from Iowa..

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Minisnowta late spring is like July..lol Maybe winter still but April would be would be nice. When are you back from Florida?

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Steve for posting all the pix. Suzie took a bunch but they'll just be printed out at Wallyworld. We're not too high-tech.
The weekend before the GTG was warm and sunny, and this weekend will be in the low 80s, but it's hard to predict the weather months in advance when planning these things. The odds being with us, I'm proposing Dec. 7-8-9 for the 2018 GTG.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Danny & Suzie thanks for arranging the GTG ANNE & I HAD A GREAT time ,she might even buy a Barth despite all the challenges she heard about esp. from Steve. SO REWARDING TO SEE ONE OF lUCY.S PUPS IN SUCH WONDERFUL HANDS. yOU HAVE ANAWESOME DOG THERE . See you next year.

Posts: 87 | Location: fenelon falls ont. | Member Since: 06-27-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi to everyone Holly and I had a great time meeting everyone
Dinner was great everyone brought food and drink it was a little cold but had great fires to keep warm overall great time nice to here everyone got home ok talked to Bill today he made it home ok too from my house yea

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there Evan& Hollie I was wondering if Wild Bill,s tranny worked any better after he lubed up that actuator cable. It may need some readjustment.

Posts: 87 | Location: fenelon falls ont. | Member Since: 06-27-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post