Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2017
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
desert for sat special dish I got from the secretaries at KSC It's

called The culinary orgasim Hope youall like it

Posts: 6 | Location: Cocoa Fl. 32927 | Member Since: 08-08-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ANYONE WHO WANTS TO STAY LONGER OR BEFORE THE FLORIDA GTG THERE'S A OPEN INVITATION TO STAY AT OUR HOUSE WHICH IS 18 MILES FROM THE GTG CAMPGROUNDS PLENTY OF DRIVEWAY AND LAWN SPACE TO PARK YOUR BARTH'S EVAN AND HOLLY LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE PLEASE EVERYONE DRIVE AND BE SAFE ON YOUR TRIP TO THE GTG. BARTH ON CAMPERS 732 673 2284

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
SteveVW I thought you might just continue further south, after the GTG and spend the winter in the keys.

We here in Iowa had a fellow hit a bear on I80 west of me a bit, geez more like North Michigan!!! Killed the bear damn it, no humans hurt but did in his car.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2060 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Kevin its all aluminum! I love my Glassnose even if its got a bit of dreaded fiberglass!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2060 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
SteveVW I thought you might just continue further south, after the GTG and spend the winter in the keys.

We here in Iowa had a fellow hit a bear on I80 west of me a bit, geez more like North Michigan!!! Killed the bear damn it, no humans hurt but did in his car.

Duane you need to talk to my wife. I don't see why we should come back here to the cold, rewinterize and fight our way out in Jan. I would gladly stay in Florida! Hmm... maybe I should stay... just to take care of the coach, of course. Liz could always fly back home...

We should have a vote at the GTG. ROTFLMAO

That guy was lucky he didn't get hurt. A bear is way more trouble than a deer! confusion Hope somebody got the meat, bear meat is very good.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
[

Duane you need to talk to my wife. I don't see why we should come back here to the cold, rewinterize and fight our way out in Jan. I would gladly stay in Florida! Hmm... maybe I should stay... just to take care of the coach, of course. Liz could always fly back home...

We should have a vote at the GTG. ROTFLMAO

That guy was lucky he didn't get hurt. A bear is way more trouble than a deer! confusion Hope somebody got the meat, bear meat is very good.[/QUOTE]

She must do a lot of winter stuff, but you can convince her to stay.

I do not know abut the bear meat, but road kill is popular here in Iowa!!

Hey Steve did you get your new seats installed, hope so for the trip south!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Hey Steve did you get your new seats installed, hope so for the trip south!!

Liz finally nailed down the color choices just the other day. She ordered 2 Flexsteel captain chairs and one recliner. Due to holidays, etc they are to be delivered 1st week of Jan. I will have them in for the trip south in late Jan.

When they arrive I will start a thread to show installation. It will be nice to get them in. Liz will get the couch and dinette reupholstered soon as well.

I will fill the water system on the Barth today. So weird, this morning it is 40 degrees by tomorrow morning 52! We are leaving just in time, by tomorrow night it will be low 20's!

We should be in Kentucky at least Tues night. We will stop someplace in southern Georgia for Wed night. Should arrive at the GTG mid day on Thursday. Won't be here on the site as much, but I will take pics and post when I return.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Arctic weather will chase me down there. It looks like a cool weekend, but it is all relative. (It will be teens and single digits around here. Oh and did I forget, of course, the lake effect snow.)

To all who are on the road, be careful and safe. We are looking forward to seeing our old and new Barth friends. cheers

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

PS Filled the water system, no leaks. Must have winterized OK the first time. Will do it again when I return. And maybe again in April if it is a late Spring. head bang

All systems go for AM departure.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Got the repaired exhaust back in last night and all seems well, running smooth and strong. So I guess I get to show off the new coach this weekend. Folks should start arriving today, and Suzie and I should be there by about 3 tomorrow afternoon.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Deb and I are leaving around noon. Had my hand operated on yesterday. Might need some help setting up.

See ya there

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Danny not much damage at the ranch in Orange lake, I have been staying at Sunset Isle Cedar Key but coming down to the GTG SAT. MORNING. Looking forward to seeing you & Suzie & of course Sammi be interesting to compare pups. Paul Finley

Posts: 87 | Location: fenelon falls ont. | Member Since: 06-27-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looks like mother nature will not be co-operating this weekend but we'll make the best of it. More of a poker game weekend than corn hole game.
Paul, looking forward to the family re-union of dogs, I think you will be proud of Sammi!
See everyone about 3 this afternoon.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by baby barth:
Hi Danny not much damage at the ranch in Orange lake, I have been staying at Sunset Isle Cedar Key but coming down to the GTG SAT. MORNING. Looking forward to seeing you & Suzie & of course Sammi be interesting to compare pups. Paul Finley

Hey, Paul. Do you spend much time at the hotel in Cedar Key? Tere and I were there for several days a few years ago and to say it's 'eclectic' is an understatement. They have a lot of fun in that bar--very good Black Russians.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim ,staying at Sunset Isle it is alittle dreay here right now just waiting for 5:00 so I can go down to the hotel & have a couple black Russians. Your old Barth is running pretty good I like it a lot ,but would like to move up to a 30 footer you don.t happen to have one do you. Do you take trade ins lol

Posts: 87 | Location: fenelon falls ont. | Member Since: 06-27-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Ha ROTFLMAO. I was 'Barthless' for a couple of years until I bought a 1974 Class C down in Florida. It's a bit of a project. So, don't have any 30'ers at the time. You know, I did have that one your son stopped by to drive a few years ago. A guy in Ohio bought that one. It did handle a little better than the 28'er. I can imagine that it is a little dreary down there. Hope the Barth is nice and warm inside.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It looks like wretched weather until late Sunday. Stuck here in my neighbor's pasture, at least I won't have to balance the Saturday dinner with the Navy-Army game....

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post