Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2017
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve, I feel your anticipation, be off, drive safe, most of all enjoy the company of all those Barth nuts!!!! Wish I was going too..

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Yeeha, strange weather, we saw 52 degrees most of the day! confusion

Hadn't run the Monarch for a month. Fired right up today, looks like all systems go. Thumbs Up

Above average predicted through the weekend. Should be good to go Tuesday. Water in tanks and lines, too!

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I need a surrogate for my rations of adult beverage....

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Wasn't sure if we were going to be able to bring the new Barth to the GTG because I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't run right. After new plugs and wires and checking the auto-choke and linkages it still popped and sputtered, so last night I decided to check under the rotor to make sure the advance was working. Discovered one of the L bolts that hold the cap down wasn't engaged. Seems to be running fine but tonight I have to tighten up the exhaust and take it for a test drive to be sure. At least I have a back-up if all else fails! See everyone there.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny

Good luck on the test run. Looks like there will be a great turnout.
See you all at the GTG.

Deb&Ed

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Getting ready for the GTG leaving New Jersey on Tuesday looks like good weather can't wait to meet and see all Barth so in one place Barth on campers

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way down we have a real count on people coming

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The test run went well, took a few minutes to smooth out but seems fine now, except it sounds like a tractor since I blew out the muffler from backfiring. I'll find something cheep to get me through till I get the Thorleys from Richard and put it together right.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Like a solar eclipse, next week road aluminum will begin to migrate from all points in the country to central Florida. I hope to a be part of the flight next year. Have a great time all and to all a good safe trip!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Duane, I thought Barth Coaches were built from aircraft aluminum. Our Barthmobiles just do not have wings.
I am sure a good time will be enjoyed by all the members in attendance. cheers

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Aircraft skins mostly are 7075-T6 ALCLAD. Non weldable but strong as hell for aluminum! Interior again a lot of 7075, but scattered 6061 and 2024. My bet is Barths are either 6061 in welded areas less expensive grades in other places and skins. But I really don't know, 1000 is pure but awful soft. 3032 is weldable and might be a Barth choice also. Skins seem to be able to be polished and hold their gloss, so maybe 1000 alloy of some type.

Funny but as you used magnesium on our campfire, I think you also remembered a lot of the flight control system casting are poured from that material. Burn in hell baby..so if your commercial flight goes down and you happen to be in a pre-fly by wire airliner, don't hide under the damn thing ...

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Funny but as you used magnesium on our campfire,

Magnesium fires are Class D, and the recommended extinguishing agent is...sand. There are, however, Class D extinguishers.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Mother Nature is being very kind for now. We've had temps in the mid 40's lately and likely through Monday as well. I am getting the coach ready. Changed a headlight today. I will turn up the heat in the coach tomorrow and get it packed and ready. I can fill the water system before we leave, a big plus.

OTOH, it looks like Mother Nature will kick some ass here starting Tuesday. Strong Canadian cold air mass headed this way for at least a week. Might even make it to northern Florida. Won't be the first time I've run from the snow for days! confusion

By the time we return we may have a real winter wonderland. wack Hopefully not too intense.

Meanwhile, can't wait for the sunshine and good times in Florida! Thumbs Up cheers Cool

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Aircraft skins mostly are 7075-T6 ALCLAD. Non weldable but strong as hell for aluminum! Interior again a lot of 7075, but scattered 6061 and 2024. My bet is Barths are either 6061 in welded areas less expensive grades in other places and skins. But I really don't know, 1000 is pure but awful soft. 3032 is weldable and might be a Barth choice also. Skins seem to be able to be polished and hold their gloss, so maybe 1000 alloy of some type.
Salute Duane, do you have a simpler version of the above? Salute

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looks like the weather will be a little on the cool side, but should see lots of sun and little chance of rain. Bring some warm clothes and blankets! https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USFL0497:1:US

79 Barth Classic