Barthmobile Portal
Follow-up Pix comments from the New England Barth Rally

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6541087061/m/3501015072

08-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Bill G
Follow-up Pix comments from the New England Barth Rally
Hi everyone,

Well, the rally is over and it was fantastic. From the moment each Barthmobiler arrived, we developed a real friendship. Anyone visiting us would have thought all of us were old friends. It was really amazing.

We had superb weather, Friday was a bit humid, but Saturday and especially Sunday were warm and dry. We did have 30 seconds of rain Friday evening, just enough to qualify as a rain storm.

We spent a lot of time checking out each other's coaches and asking questions. Impromptu seminars popped up frequently. We all learned something important and we all left thinking about how we would upgrade this or that.

The Barth custom coach lived up to its name as the three Breakaway's there were certainly different. Jack White's Regal was on the John Deer chassis and had as much under compartment storage as the Regency. Everyone was amazed to see that he had a large pass through compartment. This is a characteristic few Barths possess.

I have attached more pictures below of the rally. Some are the same as we posted during the rally, but now have names associated with each family and their Barth. We had six Barths, one Regency, three Breakaways, one Regal and one Barth police command center (basically a Regal on a P30 chassis).

Everyone agreed that this is a must repeat event for next year. Those who attend will really enjoy the company and have a lot of fun. We may even expand the length of the rally from a weekend to four days to include an excursion of two. The area where this rally was held (Sturbridge, MA) has a lot of local attractions work checking out.

Any one who would consider attending this event next year, please post your thoughts. This will help in our planning. Also, this particular weekend may not have been the best time. Suggestions on a date for next year’s rally would also be useful.

Here are some pictures I took, I am sure come of the other campers my share some of theirs as well.

New old friends

The Barth line-up

Tall stories around the campfire

Bruce and Kathleen Shaw, Vineland, NJ (Bruce & Kathleen)

Dick and Nancy Muise, Springfield, MA (Rick)

Bill and Georgene Goodwin with Bailey the dog, West Springfield, MA (Bill G)

Real and Maggie Lalonde, Shefford, Quebec, Canada
(Raymag)

Jack White with Zack his dog, Strafford, NH (Jack)

Here is the link pulled from Rick's post on the Barth Rallies and Get togethers forum. He did a great job on this video of the rally.

Click below and wait a minute. To start the video click the start arrow in the lower left corner of the video screen. It is a large file, so it takes a few seconds to download.

http://web.mac.com/rpmuise/iWeb/Site%202/Movie.html

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

08-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Raymag
Hi, we just walked in the house after an uneventful 7 hours trip. Let me tell you it was all worth it. I learned a lot of stuff about the different Barths that were there, but mainly we really enjoyed the group. They are like old friends now. We exchanged phone numbers and E-mail addresses.
We all pledged that we will do that again.
That's it for now, we have to unpack and clean up a bit.

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension
08-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Bruce & Kathleen
My post here is just to advise all who attended that I made it home with no problems at all. What a fluke on the way up! We had a great time and I am working on Lance & Sharon to think Barth...... I will post more later with photos. If you missed the gathering this year, you need to help determine a good date for next year and attend!!! We will return!
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned