Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Black Hills GTG
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
We would be in for the wine/cheese and the potluck.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
ditto! Thumbs Up

Back from fishing in Canada, must complete the fuel injection! mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
If I had to "complete the fuel injection" I would miss the following:

a. The GTG
b. 4th of July celebrations
c. Labor Day
d. Thanksgiving
e. Christmas
f. All of the above for 2014
g. The next national election
h. The turn of the decade

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just stick the old carburetor on the diesel, and get on the road!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It might be easier to convert to steam! ROTFLMAO

Modify the water heater, a few steel lines... talk about torque! Multifuel capability....
Then I'd have something really special. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
How about LP gas?

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well, we've got the only 86 fuel injected 454 Barth I know of! Seems to run great. Thumbs Up

Looks like we're leaving Saturday, north around Lake Michigan, eventually to I90. Should arrive SD Mon AM. Looking forward to seeing Barths and their occupants. cheers

Are we set for wine/cheese an/or potluck? Anything we should bring?

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Steve; Look at the Wisconsin map and see if you will pass thru Bayfield, Wi. its worth a look with the Islands and sandstone sea caves.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/13
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
We took the toaster and two of my nephew's boys over to Branson, Mo. last week and picked up an annoying not-so-intermittent miss in the engine. After we got home I started replacing stuff...Tuesday was cap, rotor, coil and same problem. Checked the fuel filter today, that was okay. So I replaced all of the vacuum lines and spark plugs. Every appeared normal. The only anomaly I found was a kind of loose braided engine ground strap. Took it for a test drive a while ago and everything seems normal again. We will be leaving tomorrow for Custer, with a couple of stops planned along the way. We plan to be in Custer's Gulch sometime on Monday. We are looking forward to meeting you fellow Barthers and putting faces with the site handles.

We will make something for potluck and bring some wine also.

Steve & Kathy

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Replace the spark plug wires if the miss recurs; those are usually the culprit when everything else seems normal. Don't skimp on those ...in fact they're the one thing I'd consider the dealer.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Replace the spark plug wires if the miss recurs; those are usually the culprit when everything else seems normal.

It's usually the two rear ones on the right side. Or just the rear one there.

I carry a couple of made-up spares.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Had a couple of days worth of delays. One due to mechanical problems. Busted the emergency brake cable to the tune of big bucks and had to wait for the right assembly.

Still in Michigan but nearly Wisconsin on Friday afternoon. Enjoying the sights and will eventually make the GTG but not sure exactly when.

Got stuff like fermented grapejuice and will have some good ol' Wisconsin cheese.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
10-11 hrs Saturday to a small park in central Wisconsin. 10-11 hrs Sunday got to mile 21 on I90 in SD. 4-5 hours today arrived Custers' Gulch about 1 PM! Great run.

We are sitting at 5325 ft. Fuel injected Barth runs GREAT! It has never done these altitudes at all this well. Cruise control can pull almost any normal hill! Thumbs Up

Looks like DustyJ and Daryl/Kathy made it too. cheers

Pictures to follow, have Barth, will travel.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nice day today! Kenny and Kazy got here today. Still no Raincatcher.

Over the river (Lake!) and through the woods...

Nice RV park:

Doug and Gabriel (Ohio) 86 Regal. (Gotta love that paint scheme) Where's Doorman?

Here we are on Barth Hill!

W(h)ine and cheese tonight! cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wine and cheese at the clubhouse: cheers

Campfire and entertainment: Great guitars!
"Somewhere in the Black Hills of South Dakota there lived a young boy named Rocky Racoo-oon...."

A fine night to complete a fine day.

Tomorrow another day for cycle riding, hiking and fellowship. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp