Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2016 Barthtober GTG October 13-16
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Gonna have to run a medical device, hopefully from a inverter and battery. Need to run about 4 minutes at a time and about six times in a 24 hour period. Will test this out before I come, if it doesn't work will bring generator.

Am excited about getting to see friends I have not seen in a long time.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
The forecast shows no rain for the next 10 days. Low 70's daytime, Low 50 night time. Sunset around 7 PM. Mostly SUNNY Skies.

Mary, Between Inverters and Gen, will make sure you have the power you need.

I will be tied up this weekend with the Hill Climb. Will post How things look the first of next week. All of us will make it a great GTG.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Doorman, not worried about power, I can run device from van, have done that many times.

I know with all the intelligence gathered in one spot that all will run well.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:
With 1&1/2 week till GTG I have 7 members that are on the I expect to be there this year list. A few on Thursday, the rest Friday and Saturday. At this point there calling for low to mid 60's during the day High 40's at night. Good Bon fire weather.

Forecast now is low to mid 70's Day, Mid 50' at Night.

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I will drive there on Thursday, arrive late afternoon. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5165 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Thursday is my plan also Steve. Soon and very soon.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Is there a place to get fresh water? In a container or so would be fine. And also some ice (our fridge does not have propane and I do not want to run genny alltimes

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Doris, I will be in my van so going to get ice and water is not a problem.

Mary

Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Is there a place to get fresh water? In a container or so would be fine. And also some ice (our fridge does not have propane and I do not want to run genny alltimes

Will have plenty of ice(A couple of 100qt coolers) and Bottled drinking water. There is a café/bar about 1/2 mile down the road that has a small market for milk, beer, bread, pop, ect.

Any side dishes or deserts would be great. Wine and cheese for Sat.night if you want. I expect there will be plenty of food and drink. civilization exist 15 min. away if we need anything.

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
As per my post to Doris, once I disconnect from my trailer my van will be free to go where ever we need to go and will hold 5 passengers + the driver.

Van going tomorrow to be wired for trailer then will be ready to go.

Smiler Tooling Along

So happy to be able to be on the road again.

Mary

Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
If coming from north. Take I-75 south to exit 38 (State Rt. 73) East to U.S.42 at Waynesville. Right or South on U.S.42 for 1/2 mile. Turn left (East) on Waynesville Rd. Follow Waynesville Rd. to Stop Sign. (about 1/2 mile). Turn left thru Covered Bridge. to Stop Sign ( Middletown Rd.). Turn Right (south) on Corwin Rd. for about 4 mile thru the 4 Stop Signs in Oregonia. Make a quick jog to your right then left. continue down Corwin Rd. about 1/2 mile.

Entrance is just past the church on your Right. There will be a small White farm house and Red barn on your left. Large Devils Staircase sign will be a couple hundred feet up the road on your left. Turn Right, go across Bike path thru gate and follow worn tire path around tree line. Stop before going in the River. Pick your site and relax.

If coming from South or East take I-71 to Exit 36 (Wilmington Rd.) Turn Left if coming from south or right if coming from east. Follow Wilmington Rd. You will come to sharp curve and steep hill. At the bottom of the hill Wilmington Rd. turns left across the river. Do not turn left, stay strait on Corwin Rd. About a mile or so up the road just pass the canoe livery you will see t Staircase Sign on your Right. Another couple hundred feet up the road turn left into entrance.

The Hill and curve on Wilmington Rd. are STEEP and SHARP. I suggest if you are coming in a long Coach to take exit 45 (State Rt. 73) west to Waynesville. Turn left (south) on U.S.42 1/2 mile. Turn left on Waynesville Rd. and follow directions at the top of this Post.

If coming from West you can take I-70 to S.R49 south around Dayton. S.R49 will turn into U.S35 east. You can follow U.S. 35 east to U.S.42 south. About 20 mile south you will cross S.R.73 in Waynesville. 1/2 mile past S.R73 1/2 mile turn left on Waynesville Rd. and follow directions above.

U.S.35 east to U.S.42 south or I-75 south to S.R73 east are about the same time and distance.

All coming have a safe and un event full trip.
See you at the GTG.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
86Barth is full of water, gasoline, propane and food and supplies. Should be a good time. Thumbs Up cheers

It ran really well going to the UP last week. Leaving Thursday AM taking back roads, US 127 south should be a good drive. can't wait to see everyone.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5165 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
ready to get on 127 North but the turd fairy got a stronghold in the semi and until a proper exorcism is performed on it we are not getting on the road. Hopefully it gets done today. If you cant fix it with a hammer it must be Lelectrical.

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Frowner waiting for a truck part. I love trucking. Sorry we cannot make it.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Craig, (our own Doorman his screen name.) We had enough food to feed an army of Barth owners and friends. We had a toast with some single malt scotch or whatever you wanted to the Man that Makes this Website possible Bill Barth NY, our host. We chatted about our rigs and of life's little mysteries. Doug, (our own Homer screen name) invited his band to entertain us on Saturday night. Thank you Doug and friends for the live entertainment. We had a fire every day and night. Steve VW could not resist, well you know working on his high performance Barth engine. It only took Steve VW about 5 hours minutes to change out the engine chip. Stay tuned for some pictures from everyone in attendance.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post