Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Pacific Northwest GTG: October 10th - 13th
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Pacific Northwest GTG: October 10th - 13th
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted
We are inviting Pacific Northwest Barth owners to join Ric "Turtle" and myself at the Lake Chelan Wine Crush (Click Here) , October 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th. We will be staying at the Lakeshore RV Park (Click Here) which is a very nice RV park and marina, walking distance from downtown. We had a great time checking out the local wineries and restaurants last year and thought it would be a great opportunity for a Pac Northwest GTG. I have already made reservations for Site # 116. Hope to meet other NW Barth owners.

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
posted Hide Post
This is fantastic! Thanks so much for taking the initiative. I just reserved space #118, right next to your #116. My wife Alison and I will be there in Old Blue, the 1985 Regal we bought from Jim and Tere in April in Madisonville, TN.

I had this same idea for a Chelan GTG, in this very park. We're regular visitors to Chelan and stay in a cousin's timeshare. This RV park has a beautiful and idyllic setting, right on the water.

I hope all Pacific NW Barth owners can make it, at least those in Washington and British Columbia. We're looking forward to meeting folks and showing off our fine and handsome coach. And checking out yours as well.

Roger P.

Posts: 39 | Location: Seattle, WA | Member Since: 09-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up
OK, Leslie & I are in #120.
We had a great time last year.
Looking forward to it again.
See Ya'll there.
Tooling Along

Posts: 77 | Location: Seattle, Wa | Member Since: 04-30-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
I think three constitutes a GTG, we're on! Tooling Along

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Maybe Next year on our way back from Alaska, if you have one . Tooling Along All who wander are not lost

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I sure would like to make that one BUT, it is too close to my departure to Texas for the Texas Mile. Maybe next year!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anyone familiar with site 114 or 120 to book for my first gtg. i am taking delivery hopefully this month from brumi.my 22ft barth is coming back to me. this is the one i sold to him in 2009. i wont sell it again.looking forward to seeing you guys in oct.

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oops ric i see you have 120 ok 122?

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
posted Hide Post
Spaces 113 thru 132 are on the lane closest to the water. Even numbers on the west (water) side and odd numbers on the east. Any of those spaces would keep our group together. Suggest signing up early before too many SOB travelers take these spaces!

http://cityofchelan.us/parks/rv/defmap.htm

Roger P.

Posts: 39 | Location: Seattle, WA | Member Since: 09-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
Just a little over two weeks until the Chelan Wine Crush. I'm tuning up and polishing our wine glasses. cheers Thumbs Up Looking forward to meeting some new Barthers.

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866

Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
Well... we tried to make the GTG, however on our way over the Cascades on Hwy 2 the # 1 injector line broke coating, the engine compartment and the toad with diesel . Frowner I noticed a slight loss of power however we made it into Wenatchee around 4pm where we found a Cummins shop. There were no replacement parts on the west coast so they will have to order a replacement line from the east coast but not until Monday because everything on the east coast was closed by then. They think they can get a new line by Tuesday and have the coach up and running by Wednesday at the latest. The shop pressure washed the toad which was coated with diesel and we drove back home getting in around 10pm. We are very disappointed that we are missing the GTG.
Any suggestion on how to clean-up the diesel in engine compartment?

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Mike, what a BUMMER!
I'm thinking high pressure soapy jet at quarter car wash (with high enough OH door).

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any suggestion on how to clean-up the diesel in engine compartment?

Soak with Purple Cleaner, Simple Green, or diluted Dawn dish detergent, then hose off. DON'T use a pressure washer (too easy to damage things).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys. My biggest problems will be curtaining off the engine compartment because the only way to get to the engine is from under the bed and I don't want to splash diesel and soap around the inside of the coach. The other issue is the diesel smell
which permeates the coach now. I don't mind as much as Karen who has overactive olfactory. Confused

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
The siphon bottles you put on a hose discharge about a 1 in 10 mix which may be a pretty good ratio of Dawn or Simple Green to water for doing a soak prior to wash down. Get one that has a sprinkler type end on it and see how the mix is, you may want to dilute a tad. Operator takes hose with spray bottle into aft cabin, adjusts length of hose in the area for comfortable controlled spraying of intended targets. Makes vocal contact with partner to turn on water and standby for shutdown. Get everything wet and soapy then let it sit for a little while before rinsing, which could be done but trading the soap bottle for a water bottle or just using a different nozzle.
If you have a pressure regulator for use at campgrounds you may want to put it on the hose to give additional control, we have >80 psig inlet here at home.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post