RainCatcher
Pacific Northwest GTG: October 10th - 13th
Good idea! Thanks! Thumbs Up

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis
10-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Ric "Turtle"
NWGTG was a limited sucess. We enjoyed meeting Roger & Alison, & seeing "Old Blue". But we sorely missed Mike(RainCatcher) & Karen, would have been nice to have 3 Barths there.

Well there is always next year.

Cheers-Ric
10-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Steve VW
Plan well ahead and maybe we'll have more next time. We have only a few lined up for Barthtober in Ohio but it is good to see everyone who shows.

Nice to see "Old Blue" getting around again! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
10-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Jim and Tere
Yep, Old Blue is like the Eveready Bunny---just keeps goin' and goin' and goin'.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny
10-17-2014, 12:30 AM
Roger in Seattle
Yes, Old Blue never skips a beat, thanks in no small part to the excellent and loving care given by previous owners Jim and Tere.

I'm budgeting for new paint, an inverter, and new AGM house batteries. With good care, Old Blue will be around for many years to come.
10-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Steve VW
Sweet old coach! I hope to see you left coast guys when I get out that way one of these days.

One of the reasons I put the fuel injection on 86Barth was the carburetor's dismal high altitude performance. After, much better but still too weak for big hills especially if I wanted a toad vehicle. Ergo, the 454 HO engine. When it is tweaked in I will be fearless! Thumbs Up

I have one more gas tank to do and I want to rebuild my rear axle with new bearings and gear set. Then there will be no looking back. mechanic

Thinking of West coast and Alaska fairly soon. Hope to see you guys soon. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
10-18-2014, 11:13 AM
RainCatcher
Steve, sorry you couldn't make the SW Ohio GTG. Frowner Looking forward to meeting some of you right coast folks. We read about all the GTG's you guys have and us left coast Barthers feel somewhat isolated. I know there are more than Turtle, Roger and us here in the Pac NW but they seen to have dropped off the map. Confused Mobile Fleet Service has made the necessary repairs to the coach so Karen and I are headed over to pick it up in Wenatchee on Monday. We plan to take a few days poking around over there to make up for the GTG we missed.
Cheers

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
10-25-2014, 05:19 PM
NoBarth
Hey there fellow PNW Roamers
Just joined up after reading SteveVW's longwinded escapade putting HotRod 502 power in his old Barth. I could sure use his spare energy and Round2its.
I've got the opportunity to pick up a Fl##tW@@D BreakWind opps I mean SouthWind from a long-time Long Distance Coach Driver. He has upgraded it to the Massive Torque 502 and has added a GearVendors OD as well all resting in a GM P-30 chassis.
Sounds like a great start for getting down the road, to me.
I'll try to make up a couple of NOBarth stickers for it and maybe park in the shade near your classic coaches.
See you at a future GtG, maybe!

Dan in Seattle
10-25-2014, 11:00 PM
RainCatcher
Welcome to the site. Hope to see you around at some future GTG. Other brands are always welcome.

Cheers

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
10-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Steve VW
quote:
Originally posted by NoBarth:
Just joined up after reading SteveVW's longwinded escapade putting HotRod 502 power in his old Barth. I could sure use his spare energy and Round2its.

(Hey, I'm just trying to entertain you guys! Can you tell I was a teacher? People say I love to talk...) ROTFLMAO

I've got the opportunity to pick up a Fl##tW@@D BreakWind opps I mean SouthWind from a long-time Long Distance Coach Driver. He has upgraded it to the Massive Torque 502 and has added a GearVendors OD as well all resting in a GM P-30 chassis.
Sounds like a great start for getting down the road, to me.
Dan in Seattle

Dan, it sounds like you got a great start. I lust for your GearVendors OD. Meanwhile, enjoy your coach, that's the point. Hope to see you west coast guys soon. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
10-26-2014, 02:48 PM
NoBarth
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Dan, it sounds like you got a great start. I lust for your GearVendors OD. Meanwhile, enjoy your coach, that's the point. Hope to see you west coast guys soon. cheers

Yes, I'm amazed that he added the GV OD system, I guess that's about a $4,000 installed add-on, eh? Big + for me is the GM 502 heartbeat in there. He has over 200k miles on the coach, but upgraded the powertrain around 50k miles ago - I plan on doing some towing, so HP and TQ are great upgrades. It's got a full set of Michelins about a year old, too!
I've got to look into the NorCold Refer - does not work on electric, I'm told. If it's original, it's probably time for an upgrade, anyway, I'd guess.
As you've stated, this site is a great resource for any dinosaur coach that has similar equipment. Thanks for sharing, everyone.
See you all - in the great outdoors!
Dan
10-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Rusty
Electric could be a control board or heater element failure.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields