Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Nation's Capital Barthmobile GTG - October 9-12, 2009
Cherry Hill Park - College Park, Maryland

Seeing that this is now a full fledged event, instead of a proposal, it deserves it's own thread. The pre planning can be found here.

We are now counting down the days to the 2009 Barth Rally and GTG in Washington DC. 10/9-10/12

Cherry Hill Campground

Originally posted by Lee:
Cherry Hill Campground The biggest and most elaborate RV facility in the DC area. Full hookups, pools, game rooms, playgrounds, yada yada. City bus service at front door, shuttles to MetroRail station, Gray Line sightseeing pick-up point. Easy access from Interstate system. Busy, busy, busy place, highway noise, etc. Since none of us have slides, trespassing on neighbor's site won't be an issue. Sites are $55-$65/day for two people + $5/day additional folks.
If full hook-ups are a requirement, this is the ONLY game in town within reasonable distance.

Cherry Hill Campground

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm so THERE! (No matter which RV park ends up the WINNAH!) Seriously, Cherry Hill looks like the frontrunner.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
WE'RE IN!!!!!!! Big Grin Are you, who is reading this???
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Lee has got a new avatar...

Looks like someone is really psyched... Nice!

Ok, I've got myself penciled in. Who else is going? Hurry, only 368 days remaining. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As this is now the "official" topic thread for the 2009 Washington, D.C. GTG, I gotta get things going and throw out the gauntlet....
The 2009 Nations Capital GTG is scheduled for October 9th thru the 12th at Cherry Hill Park Campground. Some will be arriving earlier and some will be staying later, but there will be NO better place to be than Cherry Hill Park that weekend!!! We are giving you PLENTY of time to clear your calander and make plans on attending. Just think...24+ Barth's and their great owners assembled in one place.
Are you going to be one of them Big Grin??? Or are you going to be the one that later says.....I should have been there Frowner???

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
We'll be there! Smiler
Committed so far. Watch the list grow.
  • Lee
  • Bruce & Kathleen
  • Bill N.Y.
  • Rusty
  • Nick & Donna Cagle

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Please add us. Tom and Nancy Johns

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Today's History Tidbit:

In 1777, a young military engineer by the name of Pierre L'Efant ("LaFont) served both Gen. Lafayette & Gen. George Washington in the Revolutionary War. In 1791, Washington tasked L'Enfant with designing a Federal City.

Today, Washington DC's elaborate system on E-W lettered streets, N-S numbered streets, and diagonal avenues named after states is testament to his genius.

L'Enfant was never paid for his work, reinforcing the notion that, when it comes to sane traffic flow concepts, you get exactly what you pay for...

But L'Enfant also had a premonition that someday there would be a large gathering of custom-built, top-of-the-line motorhomes in his city, and so he envisioned Cherry Hill Campground, only 7 miles from the National Mall!

...and it all happens on October 9-12, 2009
Make plans NOW to be there!

...and now you know the rest of the story Roll Eyes

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Okay, you talked us into it! The four of us are now planning a trip to the Nation's Capital. The Stagecoach will also be attending. I hope we're not the only Barth from the "west side of town."

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Welcome Towerguy, if people see how far you are coming, they don't have any excuse about distance.

Now on to important information. Cherry Hills does not have a NASCAR go-kart track like the one that got so abused in Choo-Choo. But it has just been discovered that they do have a miniature golf course that would rival Augusta National (a little local pride there). So I do not think it is to early to let the gamesmanship begin. You are all challenged to an 18 hole winner take all worlds championship golf tournament. This from the Self proclaimed worlds fastest go-kart driver and worlds best miniature golf player. Let the games begin.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Wow!...a Colorado Barth....coming all the way to Washington DC.... That's Great......!!!

If this momentum keeps up, maybe, just maybe we can convince our Most Senior member out there on the left coast to join us too......2700 miles at 8mpg X $3.50/gal X 2 = $2400.00 +/-.........
A mere pitance for all the fun! Big Grin

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it!!! They're gonna come from all over the country to make this the largest Barth gathering in some time, maybe of all time. So, I now say we MUST offer an award for the Barth that travels the furtherist to make this GTG. I will offer $100 of fuel to that owner!
Hey Bill G.---I see by your post on another thread that you plan on being here. Ready to commit here so we can say that the New England states will be represented and hopefully catapult more owners from those great states to commit?
And Real and Maggie, along with our other members from Canada---Gonna make the trip to this GTG??? We need your support and attendance.
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

posted Hide Post
Nick,
Just a little word of advice...the further north you come the smaller and faster the greens become. Soooo, leave your driver at home and bring your best putter. Your gonna need it!
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
It's not too early for someone with Barth Ranger connections & Ranger website access to spread the word within their membership! Volunteer(s) ??

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Jim & I are going to make a reservation after I get off line (we still have dial-up)COUNT US IN!! So Nick we accept your golf challenge. Is Tim coming? Remember, Nick did state SELF PROCLAIMED winner of go kart races. As a witness who was there I know who the real winner was. Nick, just because you write it on your shirt doesn't make you the winner.

We were all winners. The go karts were a scream. Hope we will have as much fun with the golf.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post