Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
I noticed on the "2009 GTG Poll" thread that Deb & Ed said they are in. Now that we are using this thread in regards to the GREAT D.C. GTG, how 'bout it Deb & Ed, are you in? If so, you might want to make your reservation with Cherry Hill Park (see prior message for instructions from Lee) so that you get a primo spot on "Barth Row".
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
OK
Called to make the reservation but managed to get the wrong guy who wouldn't lock me in on a spot.

He says we will be with the rest of you but refused to give me a numbered spot.

Lee I need your magic. My confirmation # 235280

Thanks
Ed.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Here's the facts folks.......

1. The market is ticking back up!

2. Paul Harvey says 3-buck or cheaper gas by Spring! (and Mr. Harvey never fibs...)

3. Our Map-The-Barths page shows at least 20 coaches within a days' drive of Washington DC!

4. Just 2-1/2 sawbucks (refundable) is all it takes to hold your preferred site!

5. Ya just know there's gonna be some Barth-owning gearheads onsite to help you solve that nagging problem with your coach!

6. Personalized tour itineries so you'll be able to see what YOU want to see in Washington with minimum effort!

So join us NOW!! Cherry Hill Park 800-801-6449
www.cherryhillpark.com
Be sure to mention Barth Rally on Badlands Gulch!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Hi Ed,

You're 1417, unless you tell me otherwise.....

To clarify this a little.....Cherry Hill Mgr. advised me they could not assign/guarantee a specific site this far out. However, if everyone making reservations requests a specific site when they call, or includes it in the REMARKS section of an online reservation, Cherry Hill will do their best to make it happen. Main thing is to make sure they know it's for the Barth Rally on Badlands Gulch (1400-series section).

Sometime next summer, we'll be able to etch these site assignments in stone......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee,
When I talked to the gal who took my reservation, she said she would make a note of my requested site, but she could not tell me the size of the site nor guarantee it. It seemed like it was going to be up to us as who would end up where. And I am sure that you would agree that the larger sites will go to the larger Barths that will be showing up. All that being said, I agree with Lee...MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS AND WE'LL MAKE SURE YOU ARE COMFY!
This GTG is one year away and we are at 12 Barths and counting Big Grin......how about you? Do you really want to miss this opportunity??? Mad I didn't think so! Pick up that phone or drop an e-mail to Cherry Hill Park and get in on the action (see Lee's directions above). Click Oh yea, don't forget to leave a blurb here also! The Barth Row is, or will be VERY SOON, half filled up already........
Bruce
p.s. If you have already committed, then make that reservation and let us know so we can "map your spot".

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lee.

That was the spot we were looking at on the site page.

I would guess that any spot would be a good one with this many Barths coming.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
You have got to check out Lee's new web site. Everything you need to know
These guys are doing all the hard work. All you need to do is make a reservation and show up.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
The coaches in the picture at the bottom of the screen. Left to Right. Sky's 32ft Regency, Carl Flack's 30 ft Breakaway, Tom John's 36 ft Regency, Nick Cagle's 32 ft Regency, Mary Ray's new Police Command Center. In the background Gary Carters 30 ft Breakaway.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
It could have easily been........

The 2009 Washingtonople Barth G-T-G.... Frowner

Todays' History Tidbit: The city was named by three commissioners charged with supervising the construction of the public buildings. At one of their monthly meetings on September 8, 1791, Washington told Jefferson to assure the commissioners that they had complete freedom. Of course, everyone knew that the city would be named after Washington. But one name tossed about was "Washingtonople." . . . Fortunately, the commissioners eventually thought otherwise. They also had to name the ten mile square area the city was located in, as mandated by the Constitution. In 1791 there were already two existing towns, Georgetown and Alexandria. They chose the name "Columbia." Obviously, they couldn't call it a "state", so they settled on "District".

After 217 years, ya really ought to see what they did with the place...(They even layed out an area to park 20-30 Barths! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
We have broken the 1000 mark with views to this thread, yet we have only 54 replies Frowner. And a lot of those replies are from the same people. Don't you want to talk to us about our GTG??? Just hit the reply to this post button and give us some thoughts.... or better yet, TELL US THAT YOU'RE GONNA BE THERE!!!
Bruce
p.s. Lee---Love the history info.!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
OK, Wifey and I are reviewing this as a possible journey. It all depends on when (and where) the last race I have to work is held. (so much for retirement--but I love the work!)

I should know my 2009 race schedule by the end of November and at that time will try to make this a part of our 2009 activities.

West Coast to East Coast should be a nice run that time of year.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
WOW, Lee's site about DC is great! A year away and he's got me comfortable about the whole trip already. Take a few minutes to read all the info and you might feel a bit more inclined to start planning on this in a more serious manner. Thanks a bunch for all you're doing to everyone involved.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Towerguy (Bill), looks like you might have some competition for that $100 of free fuel for the Barth that travels the furthest. It would be great if you could make it MWrench (Ed). And if Ed can make it, the west coast gauntlet will be thrown down! How 'bout some more of you folks from out west of the Mississippi???
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
...will try to make this a part of our 2009 activities.
That's all we ask. It'll be a great pleasure to finally meet you. Ed, don't tell the rest, but you're the only reason I'll be going. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ed, don't tell the rest, but you're the only reason I'll be going.

Geeeze Bill, three different people, three different stories....all within a 24 hour period.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you're runnin' for President ! Roll Eyes