Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Cheri and I just pulled in to our Florida house. The Barth performed better than ever due to Ed's turbo tweak! I felt like it had a good 50 more HP.

Thanks ED!!!!!!!!!

Additionally, thank you to Bill, Lee, Bruce...and everyone else that made the gathering a huge success. You are all a great extended family.

I must mention to anyone thinking of attending a gathering in the future, they pay for themselves in expert troubleshooting and help.

At the Wales, Mass gathering I had about a dozen helpers to put the awning on my trailer. At this gathering I overheard Ed talking about how his turbo had been de-tuned due to California's tough emission testing. It suddenly occurred to me that my coach was delivered new to Cali!!

Next morning I waited in line to get Ed's help. He was going from coach to coach as was Bill and many others with gorilla sized tools and such. I just made sure he didn't get dehydrated before he got to my project. Several Coronas worth I think. After he gave the turbo/fuel regulator a full turn, my barth feels like a different machine. No more struggling off the line or up hills. I'll bet I will even get better mileage now.

Anyway, we had an awesome time there.

see yawl nexy year or at Hillsborough.

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MatandAng
posted Hide Post
Hey all! Just got home the barth ran great with no problems. Thanks to all we had a great time and learned a lot about our barth. We enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to see you all in the near future.

Posts: 27 | Location: Rochester, NY | Member Since: 07-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
The Barth Family Portait

Sherrie and I had a great time and made it home smoothly. It was nice to see all the coaches and get some really good info from everyone.

Have Fun,
Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chuck M
posted Hide Post
Hey Gang.....Just wanted to say thank you to all from Cathy and I for the friendly hospitality. This being our first Barth event....we enjoyed it. We also learned a few things, most notably, that its hard to to kick back and relax with nice folks when your son's (age 7 & 8) are keeping your dance card pretty full! Smiler Anyway....it's great to know that there are other Barth owners out there....and we look forward to next time! Take care everyone!

Chuck M

1994 36' Regal
GM 502 Fuel Injected Supercharger
Chevy Chassis
Data Tag Number:: 9406 3913 36FC 1B

Posts: 27 | Location: Delaware | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Nice to meet another Mont added to your first name maybe your great grandfather made Irish whiskey.Like mine did and he lived in Tellemore

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Just completed my journey from College Park to College Park - uneventful trip.....
Sure glad I checked my driveshaft, radiator & carb before I left...... Sorry

As of 11am Monday, Bruce & Kathleen were headed out the door, with stragglers Nick/Donna and Lenny/Judy still on-site.......

Thanks so much for everyone making the effort to make this happen, and special thanks to Bill, Bruce & Nick for helping with the details......Hope we were able to accommodate your needs and make your visit to the Free State & DC as convenient as we could...

We're headed for San Diego in December for whale-watching, but if the whales choose not to cooperate we may just come back early, un-winterize the trusty old Sunbeam Toastmaster and head for the FL-GTG....Somebody's gonna have to supervise the campfire! D'oh

Headlines in today's Wash. Post: East Coast Suffers Unexplained Wine Shortage.....Hmmmm Wink

My GTG pics to be posted soon........

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone, hope this finds everyone doing great. Anne and I made it back home here in western NC early this morning amid the rain. We stopped last night next to the Tn - NC line and spent the night. Did not have no problems till we got home and have an air leak after filling up with fuel.
Special thanks to Lee and all others whom helped get this together. We all had a great time. And spcial thanks to Tom Johns for helping put the part on the coach and Bill ny for the expertise. Take care. (sky) Ray and Anne

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Nick Cagle and we are the only two left.All the odd numbers are all empty. It does sure look funny
to me now it is only going to be one of us left on Tuesday and we will leave on Wednesday and amble back toward Florida.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Made it back at 2:15p today. Uneventful trip there and back. Barth ran cool and superbly, I averaged 6.25 mpg. Thumbs Up

I guess my round trip test drive was a success. I am so happy I put that fuel pump in. mechanic

Will post pictures later as my wife and kids need some Daddy and Husband time. Smiler

Cheers!!! cheers

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/11
Picture of Scott and Debbie
posted Hide Post
Debbie and I wanted to tell our hosts that we had a great time and appreciate all that was done to make this happen. We will never forget pulling on to Barth Blvd. and seeing all the coaches lined up for the first time. Everyone made us feel so welcome and the food Sat. nite was great! On the way out I tried to keep up with Doug and his crew (the SOB) up Rt 66 but lost him in the traffic. We went home by way of James Madison University stopping to visit with our daughter. The coach went over Afton mountain and handled the hills better than expected. All and all our first outing was a great success. Hope all reach their homes safely.
Thanks to all.
Scotty and Debbie

Posts: 46 | Location: virginia Beach va | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Tere and I made it home today about 3:30PM, on about 1/2 a carburetor. The Barth sort of died in Staunton, Va. and after replacing all the filters, including the one in the Q-Jet, making sure the selector switch was working, making sure the fuel pump was pumping, and that there was no water in the gas, Tere and Mr. Wyatt tore the top off the carb, aided by two flashlights in the dark at a Pilot truck stop. About three hours later, and some trash removed from the carb, they got it back together and it actually ran--sort of. Wyatt said "Keep the RPM's up and it will probably be OK". Tere took it to heart and flew down I81 at 70 mph. Sort of had to get a flying start to get up hills. But it made it and actually got 9.6 mpg. Looks like we have a project ahead of us. But she made it!! Thanks to all, especially Lee, Bruce and Kathleen, and the hospitality of all. We had a great time.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/11
Picture of Scott and Debbie
posted Hide Post
Jim, and tere, Sorry for the breakdown. I wish I'd known. I passed right by that truck stop. Not that I would have been anymore help but I could have passed tools to somebody.
had a nice visit,
scotty

Posts: 46 | Location: virginia Beach va | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It was great to see everyone, and the Barths!

Glad to hear everyone made it wherever...Maggie, Casey, and I are at the KOA Fayetteville (where Nick and Donna, Lenny and Judy, and I marshalled last Tuesday for the leg to DC). I actually planned to go farther, but two significant traffic slowdowns - one construction, one accident (a guardrail apparently pulled out in front of a Taurus) set me back.

Spit rain most of the wat south of Rocky Mount, NC, but good weather is expected for tomorrow's leg into GA.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Okay, here are the details of the recent saga. Shortly after leaving Appling, I felt a driveline vibration that I thought was probably a U-joint going bad. I called Bill N.Y. while on the road and discussed the symptoms with him and he also thought it was a U-joint. Bill’s Advice “don’t push it; If it comes loose it can do a whole lot more damage than just U-joints. A little later I stopped at a rest area and tried to check the joints. I could not feel any movement or looseness even when trying to move the shaft with a large screwdriver. I decided to continue on to Fayetteville, NC where I was meeting Rusty and Lenny.
That evening I discussed with Rusty that I thought I had a U-joint going bad. Since the vibration had not worsened between Appling and Fayetteville, I decided I would continue on to Cherry Hill and replace both U-joints when I got here.

NOT ONE OF MY BETTER DECISIONS!! Seventy-one miles south of Cherry Hill, the coach decided it could no longer tolerate that vibration and decided to rid itself of the offending drive train. Now at about 65mph on I-95 in 4 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic, all hell broke loose. The driveshaft made a very noisy exit and took the pinion yoke and transmission companion flange with it. When this happened the drive shaft exited the bottom of the coach and passed under the coach and the toad that I was towing without bouncing up and hitting the bottom of either vehicle. After the toad passed over the drive shaft, it hit the highway and bounced about 15 feet in the air. The slip joint separated and one half went one way and the other half went the other. Somehow nothing hit any vehicle that was behind me. How and why not I don’t have a clue.

We called road service and ask to be towed to Cherry Hill and about an hour later a tow truck showed up and towed us in. When the driver was hooking up to the coach, I told him “It won’t be necessary to remove the drive shaft.”

Now the moral of this saga. I knew that a U-joint was going bad but in my haste to get to Washington, I ignored it and thought I would wait until I got here to replace the U-joints. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. I could have replaced both U-joints for about $100.00. What did ignoring the problem cost? Being towed 71 miles that was covered by our road service. $400.00 for the female half of the slip joint, $400.00 for the male half of the slip joint, $200.00 for the Pinion Flange, $200.00 for the Transmission companion flange, $100.00 for two U-joints. Total $1,300.00 in parts plus another $100.00 or so in large tools to pull the flanges.

My advice to you. If you think it might be bad. STOP

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Being towed 71 miles that was covered by our road service. $400.00 for the female half of the slip joint, $400.00 for the male half of the slip joint, $200.00 for the Pinion Flange, $200.00 for the Transmission companion flange, $100.00 for two U-joints. Total $1,300.00 in parts plus another $100.00 or so in large tools to pull the flanges.

Click Being towed 71 miles that was covered by our road service.
D'oh $400.00 for the female half of the slip joint,
hmm $400.00 for the male half of the slip joint,
wack $200.00 for the Pinion Flange,
head bang $200.00 for the Transmission companion flange,
Mad $100.00 for two U-joints.
Eeker plus another $100.00 or so in large tools to pull the flanges.

Thumbs Up Making it to the Gathering anyway............ PRICELESS! cheers

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post