Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
OK Gang....it's now a fait accompli......

This afternoon I committed to 24 contiguous, full hook-up sites at Cherry Hill Campground. We have one street, both sides, reserved for the rally. At one end is a grass area w/ firepit to serve as the Barth-Bum hangout point, with nice showers just across the street. If I did it right, the following pics should give you an idea......

Cherry Hill advised me that they are prepared to take reservations starting today. A $25 hit on your CC will hold the reservation, w/ 100% refund up until 48 hours before your res show-up time.

Reservations can be made via phone
(800-801-6449), or online: www.cherryhillpark.com

We will be located on Badlands Gulch, sites 1401 thru 1424 (odd # sites are primarily open sky....even # sites are more shaded)

In the event we have 25+ coaches, we've got an adjacent group of sites on "semi-hold".........

It is important that you mention BARTH RALLY in your phone call or in the "Additional Info" section of the web form.

The "core nights" they are reserving are for Friday night 10/9, Sat night & Sunday night 10/11.
Your personal reservations will need to reflect your planned early arrival or longer stay.

Should you encounter any difficulties during the reservation process, ask for Janice, Gen'l. Mgr. She has a Marine Sgt. way of making things happen.
Or PM me and I'll do what I can at my end......

I'm Lee, and I approved this message..........

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Should you encounter any difficulties during the reservation process, ask for Janice, Gen'l. Mgr. She has a Marine Sgt. way of making things happen.
1422 Booked... 5 minutes ago. Wink

When I called, I was told they don't allow "spot site" reservations. They did say they would "NOTE" my preference...

So, I guess, if Lee puts it on his map, it'll be complete. Roll Eyes

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Donna and I have reserved 1420 from Wednesday 10-7-2009 till Tuesday 10-13-2009.

What are the rest of you waiting on?

Danny Z, where's your reservation?

Nick and Donna

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
#1421, 10/8-13

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
#1424, 6 Oct-13 Oct 09

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
OK we requested either site 1418 or 1416 on line. Paid for but not confirmed.

10/9 -10/12

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I just noticed that there is an interesting strip of land between the two major camping areas. Must be a grass landing strip, so we should invite our West Coast Barthers to fly in and put them all up in Mary's command center. She can fit at least 20 or 30 don't you think? Maybe Lee can function as air traffic control person.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe Lee can function as air traffic control person.

That "landing strip" is a cleared-out right of way for high tension power lines that feed most of Washington's north side......

While it's true that one can land ANY airplane, ANYWHERE, at least ONCE, about the best I could do is key the mike and say, "Ya'll be careful up there, ya hear?".......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
OK Nick, We're right next door in 1418. This is still very up in the air but for a 25 buck deposit I'm confident enough to go for it.
Just noticed Jim and Tere requested 18 or 16. You were first so if you want 18 I'll take 16 or vice-versa.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
I'm on site 1419 so my dog can play with Rusty's.
Add Dan & Suzy to the list!!! 11 Barth's and counting. ROTFLMAO
As a community message: By confirming your spot with the campground for this GREAT GTG and committing early, you won't be the one in the over flow area (though we plan on filling that up too), you'll be with the first 24! Big Grin
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
OK Nick, We're right next door in 1418. This is still very up in the air but for a 25 buck deposit I'm confident enough to go for it.

Danny , we're all pretty much in the same shape and I think the most we can do if we Really want to attend is commit the $25.00 and then do everything in our power to make it happen. If everyone did that much we could easily have 50 Barths in one spot for probably the first time ever.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
quote:
Maybe Lee can function as air traffic control person. (Jim)

While it's true that one can land ANY airplane, ANYWHERE, at least ONCE, about the best I could do is key the mike and say, "Ya'll be careful up there, ya hear?".......

I don't mind them landing ANYWHERE except where I work. When they get close, my phraseology is "By all means, miss the tower." For the record, I do prefer they utilize the runway but as long as they walk away, I'm happy.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:

Florida vs. LSU Saturday 8 PM, CBS...

UNCLE, UNCLE, UNCLE Please stop the pain.

Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:

Florida vs. LSU Saturday 8 PM, CBS...

UNCLE, UNCLE, UNCLE Please stop the pain.

Nick

No. Smiler

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
I know that Lee has mentioned this a few times and I am going to throw this back out there...any members here also members of the Barth Rangers? Or can anyone here get word to the Rangers about our GTG? Again, its about Barth owners, not what affiliation they have and we would love to have 30-40-50 Barth's in one place.
As for the other Barthmobilers who keep reading but are afraid to committ or comment, don't be afraid. We're all friends here. We would love to have you join us or give us some input. A $25 deposit would put this GTG on your calander and gives you a year to try to make it happen. And my offer still stands: $100 of fuel to the Barth that travels the farthest!
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post