Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nick, just because you write it on your shirt doesn't make you the winner.

Now, I never claimed to be the WINNER. Just the fastest.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
So I do not think it is to early to let the gamesmanship begin. You are all challenged to an 18 hole winner take all worlds championship golf tournament. This from the Self proclaimed worlds fastest go-kart driver and worlds best miniature golf player. Let the games begin.

Nick

You're going DOWN!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
So I do not think it is to early to let the gamesmanship begin. You are all challenged to an 18 hole winner take all worlds championship golf tournament. This from the Self proclaimed worlds fastest go-kart driver and worlds best miniature golf player. Let the games begin.

Nick

You're going DOWN!

What, again.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Not for nothing in the Navy was I known as "Captain Doom" (long before the computer game came out...)

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're going DOWN!

Navy, would that be submarines?

Nick

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Never was into submarines (If the Lord had wanted you underwater, you'd have gills) - and my suggestion that screen doors on subs would increase ventilation never got past the review stage...Big Grin

I was surface ship driver (tin cans, mostly); my last command was an LSD. Not a "Landing Ship Dock", a "Large Steel Desk"; armament: Two Papermate pens..."The pen is mightier than the Sword" - so to speak... Roll Eyes

Florida vs. LSU Saturday 8 PM, CBS...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
This is an important question to all those who are following this thread and particularily those planning on attending....
Lee---Do we have things set up yet with Cherry Hill Park for someone to make reservations for this GTG?
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I would like to introduce the WINNER of the Go-Cart Races

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lee---Do we have things set up yet with Cherry Hill Park for someone to make reservations for this GTG?

Not just yet....I'm met & talked with Cherry Hill reps several times about our rally, but we're still dancing around the edges on details, specific sites, etc. Since it's their slow time, and we're talking a year away, there's no need to rush reservations right now...I'm thinking we could recommend individual reservations be made starting in January, when members might have a better handle on projecting their personal plans for the year.

For now, I've talked to them about blocking out 20 contiguous sites for us....As time goes on, we'll be able to add/subtract as necessary.

As previously promised (but not delivered Frowner ), I'll get by there in the next day or two and post some pics of our options, including an overlay on the aerial pic. I'm guessing that our mutual preference is to be further away from the Interstate noise, even at the expense of being further away from showers/game room/store, etc.?

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
I would certainly rather be as far as we can get from the highway noise. How else are going to hear the fantastic stories about who won the go-cart races and putt-putt golf? Big Grin

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
Next years’ gathering is a great destination for those who desire to learn about our nation’s history. I do not pretend to be a history scholar of any sort, but I have visited many historical sites in our capitals back yard and I to volunteer to help anyone that is interested in the location, driving directions, or accommodations for places to see within 50 to 100 miles of Washington DC.

My first recommendation would be to visit our State parks. I have been advised that Virginia State parks are rated very high in comparison to other state parks, and I have found them nicer and friendlier than most secular campgrounds. Many Virginia State parks have electric and water sites, but I have not seen sewer sites at any I have visited. There are dump stations though. A couple of positives is that campsites cost $25.00 a night and may be reserved in advance.

Virginia also has a large National Park about an hour and half west of Washington DC that includes a paved road that snakes around the crest of the one of the most eastern ridges of the Shenandoah mountain range. This is a beautiful ride, but may be a bit tiring for a motor coach (Billy T can comment on the drive)

So as the time draws near don’t hesitate to ask about sites and places to visit in our Commonwealth. I am sure there are many that would love to provide their opinion and comments to make your trip enjoyable and easier to plan!

PM me at dougsgift @comcast.net if you have questions or comments about making this another great gathering. Cool

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Hi folks,

October 9-12, 2009 will likely work for us. I marked my calendar and barring any unforseen circumscances, Georgene and I will be there.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A year away and we already have committments for 10 Barth's! What are YOU waiting for??? Go ahead, you can do it...left click on that "reply to post" and just do it....tell us your gonna be joining in. You know you want to be part of this great GTG!
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
Washington DC Weather

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug! Now I am going to try to drill down a little further and let you all know what the weather is going to be like this weekend in D.C.:
5-Day Forecast for ZIP Code 20001

Friday: Partly Cloudy
79° F | 52° F
26° C | 11° C

Saturday: Clear
76° F | 52° F
24° C | 11° C

Sunday: Clear
76° F | 56° F
24° C | 13° C

Monday: Clear
77° F | 56° F
25° C | 13° C

Tuesday: Partly Cloudy
74° F | 56° F
23° C | 13° C

Hope this works, because I am not computer literate. If it does, it just shows one more reason you might want to attend. Just imagine...touring our nations capital in this kind of weather Cool!
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen