Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Did anyone notice the August addition of the camping world magazine has a big spread on camping in the US capital? Page #48.

http://viewer.zmags.com/public...a1bade6b#/a1bade6b/1

Neil.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI Tid-Bit........

Those of you who have looked at Cherry Hill's layout know that Barth Blvd is a couple-block
walk to the bus station at the entrance, with a modest hill involved Frowner

Don't let this influence you on whether or not the DC-GTG is perhaps too strenuous....

There will be a multi-passenger cart at our sites, ready to deliver you in in-style to the bus station, and with cell call, get you picked up again.....It'll be there Thursday thru Sunday.

Let's name it something catchy and original, like........ The Barthmobile? D'oh

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
... or will your list automatically update when I edit my list?
It would be nice if I could figure out how to do that... but, I don't see how that is possible.

My suggestion: When you see a new page, just reply with quotes to your own post and edit the text to reflect the current standings. Place a disclaimer on each list that says, Current list as of 8/26 or just delete/edit your older lists. Having 3 people writing up a list will get confusing when Rusty of I don't update ours. I will delete my list and edit yours now.

I only posted the list because I didn't know when Bill N Y might have 'net access.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I only posted the list because I didn't know when Bill N Y might have 'net access.
I only posted it because you were the last one on that page (In that Forum, 21 Only) and I wanted it to be on the top of the new page...

Besides, after Bruce & Kathleen responded, well, it was just too easy to edit his post, wash my hands and run away from another task... Basically, he just walked right into that. Big Grin ROTFLMAO

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Geeez, I wish that EVERYTHING I "walked into" was as easy as this..... Big Grin!
Still waiting on some more info from folks Sleeping?

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Be careful what you wish for. The info from me may be that I can't make it, so I will remain quiet.
Frowner

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jack,
I know that you have run into some problems. I followed your postings for the Mass. GTG. Hope all is well and that you can make it to this GTG.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
I sure wish the GTG was this coming week as I will be in Baltimore/ Emmitsburg this Sunday up until Friday . I googled Cherry Hill and it is only 25 miles from the airport Frowner BUT I am working on wife for Oct. Thumbs Up

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Tere and I will not be able to attend the Nations Capital GTG. Do you want us to call the campground and cancel or do you want to give our spot to someone else? Please let us know.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Gee, I am sorry that you aren't gonna be there.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Me, too, Mary.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, too.

On another note, there may be a gathering near DC of stargazers to compare 5" refractors 10/10 - actual location TBD.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim And Tere---Sorry you're not going to be able to make it. As you post quite often here, I was looking forward to meeting you.
Hopefully Jack and Bill (towerguy) will still be able to make it.
For those who are still considering attending:
As it stands right now, we have (5) sites available on Barth Blvd. presently. Fuel prices are probably going to be what they are today, which is considerably lower than when we first started planning this GTG. The GTG is now about a month away and it would be GREAT to fill up Barth Blvd. for this GTG and have the ability for those in attendance to see 24 different flavors of our favorite coach. So don't be shy hide...jump right on in Violence and come join us in the fun in D.C. Big Grin!!!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

posted Hide Post
Oh yea, and right after the Labor Day weekend I am sure that we will start making more definitive plans for on site dealings and doings, i.e. pot luck dinner(s), mini golf tournament, etc... cheers

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Tere and I will not be able to attend the Nations Capital GTG.
I am sorry to hear this. You were doing so much to your Barth in anticipation of this GTG.

Maybe catch a ride with Mary Ray and still come up to see us? Just a thought. hmm

Jack, Towerguy... Still looking forward to seeing you too. Hope you can make it! Tooling Along

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post