Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Milford II 6/14-6/17/2012
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I would like to thank everyone who were so complimentary about the GTG, but I would also like to make sure the credit goes to the right people. Although I received much of the credit, if the truth be known about all I do is make a phone call to a campground and reserve some sites. In the case of this GTG much of the credit should go to LOU who handled all the communications with the former employees and the local media. He and Barb also furnished the ice cream for Saturday afternoon. SLOOP JOHN B who stood over two hot grills in 90++ weather to cook for everyone. TOM JOHNS who furnished, cooked, and prepared over 30 pounds of pulled pork for the meal. STINKY DADDY who printed all the invitations and the great t-shirts. All the ladies who prepared all the great side dishes and desserts for the meal. Everyone who made those great purchases at the auction, even the $11.00 ice cream ROTFLMAO. It is money going to support a GREAT Website. And lastly and most sincerely, my wife Donna, who has stood by my side for the last 48 years, and has done all the background work while I stand in the forefront and get the credit.

Thanks to you all.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
And lastly and most sincerely, my wife Donna, who has stood by my side for the last 48 years, and has done all the background work while I stand in the forefront and get the credit.
Great job everyone. A real "Class Act" from our members there. Thumbs Up

I too would like to thank everyone who donated their time and resources to a fantastic GTG.

I'm just sorry I couldn't make it. Frowner

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Nick, you always pass on the cudos but you did one helluva job, including the auctioneer stunt. The rest of us are in awe of your leadership. Obviously you have missed your calling. Your tributes to the other guys were well-deserved. Sloop created a miracle in feeding the masses, SD came through as always with the invitations and shirts, and the whole gang pitched in to make it a memorable occasion.

Bill, we all knew you were there in spirit, and missed you. We are all very proud of the job you are doing with this site. Our job is to make the date for the next one a date that works for you.

Now to cozy up to Mary Ray who has a pocket full of $20s.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Mystery Barth is home after a 3300 mile trip. Great to sit in my chair and watch a TV. And, use a computer not tied to an RV park Wifi.

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Lou, you are a little late, the 20's are in the Florida GTG Fund for December. Thanks to all that participated in my "luck of the draw".

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
The work that Nick, Rusty, Tom J., Lou did was outstanding, a saw that they came up with great plans. It was a blast to walk Barth Alley and to see others walk by with big smiles. I still say its b-ART-h that darws us to our Barths. Thanks to all those that helped filp burgers. Thumbs Up cheers

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
One thing that sets Barthers aside is that if something needs to be done, it gets done...no fuss, no whining, no need to find someone.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Nick, Rusty, Tom Johns, Lou and others who did the heavy lifting for this GTG, I want to thank you for your hard work. I agree with Lou that Nick needs to join the crew at Meecam Auctions like we see on TV. He not only could auction but also be out there twisting arms. And, to all for being such a fun and welcoming group to a newbie.

Mary, I hope your gas money held out on that trailer and glad you won it.

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Tom, the winnings are in the bank for my trip to the GTG in Florida this December, hope to see you there Smiler

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/10
Picture of kokoken
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all those that made Milford II happen.

this newby had a great time with all the wonderful people able to attend.

1979 24 footer

Posts: 65 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 07-28-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Just some random shots............

First Barth - Serial #001

Wine Time!

Mr. GoodWrench......

Chef Sloop

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mary, i just put over 3400 miles on that Barth and you bet your beppie I will do the FL treck as I live in FL. You and Jr are class acts and interesting folks. And I appreciate the heck out of the use of your truck as it enabled me to get the stuff I needed.

Tom Taylor
mystery barth
Cummins 8.3 300HP with banks ad on
5 speed world tranny
Smart car Toad
Gets around 9 to 10 mpg unless you are going thru Pikes Peak
Trips breakers like Dick van Dyke.

posted Hide Post
The Bustle Barths remind me of a 37 car (Buick or Chevy) in that in 1936 they decided to drop the idea of a trunk so folks could sit further back and in 1937 and 1938 they added the bustle. Good word. I will soon post a pic of a 36 I pic in the last campsite I was in along with losts of pics but it will be a URL to a photobucket link.

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Tom, gonna hold you to the meeting in Florida. Was pleased to offer the use of the truck cause that is what Barther's do Big Grin

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
32 Barths driven by a bunch of great folks. It doesn't get better than that! Thanks!

Richard and Nancy

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post