Tools
Reply To This Topic

2017 Get Togethers
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I got the same recording. I have not cancelled since I cannot contact the place either. head bang

The NOAA prediction shows above 31 feet until 5/24. With the rain and severe weather in the forecast the next few days for the entire region I doubt the river will be down in time for 5/24 opening, let alone 5/26. Frowner

We should try again late summer, there or maybe Raccoon Mtn again.

Have Barth, will travel (on dry land)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/13
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted Hide Post
I was able to cancel via e-mail. If they sent a confirmation number to your e-mail, you can reply to that with a message. They said they are way behind in processing refunds because of all the weeks they have been out of business. They would also rebook reservations for September and transfer deposits, but we don't have a consensus about that, so I just cancelled.

Steve

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Anyone interested in Tom Sawyer Park for 4th of July?

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
No can do for me. I do fireworks over the lake along with several neighbors. I have a pontoon boat for my stuff. The public beach is jammed with beach chairs, etc. Last year we had over 3000 people watch! cheers

A local contractor has another pontoon boat set up also. We anchor a short ways from shore. We usually have a steady 35-40 minutes, taking turns along with others shooting from their dock or beach. A great time!

This was from 2015. Not sure who posted it. I was the boat over to the left in the trees. This was about 1 minute of the 35 minute show. Big fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc_q4rf2JSc

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
5/24 and the water is 31.6 feet at Tom Sawyer. Suposed to be 30.7 by tomorrow. Recording says they will open today, I will call later to see. I can't see them getting it cleaned up in only 2-3 days but we'll see. Too bad, would have been a classic GTG. We'll miss you, Mary Ray. Hope to get another shot later.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
SorryIt is not my fault, But, three more days of rain here in Ohio. This might effect the Mississippi River AGAIN. Sorry

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
I received a call from the office yesterday and said it was not opened and cancelled our reservation and said they would refund deposit and lady said they were in the clean up mode.

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Yup, called me too and getting a refund. Sounds like a nice place so we may decide to go down in September sometime around Laboe Day.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Tom Sawyer is a bust. Sorry cause this is a nice place to visit.

Will shoot for Chattanooga in Sept. Will make a separate post.

:down Smiler Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Any one planning a Barth run soon? I know Deb&Ed are out there somewhere, are there others?

If any one is planning to visit Michigan, this is the season! Summer has arrived and the lakes and beaches are great. Welcome to stay with us, let us know if you'll be in the Traverse City area. Great scenery, winery tours, micro breweries.

I think a run to a Minnesnowta GTG might be nice. hmm

Hope we do another Mary Ray in Sep. Really bummed the last one did not work out.

Have Barths, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm dodging bullets on GTGs - the Dec Hillsbotough I missed due to medical consults worked out because Nelson got a bad testicular infection and had to be castrated (it was THAT serious) that weekend. While I probably could have used my old vet (I lived in the Tampa Bay area for 20 years), it worked out for the best

I missed a Good Sam GTG last week due to the electrical issue in the coach, and got an abscessed tooth the day I was to leave for it.

Still hoping to do Chattanooga in Sep if that materializes, and the solar eclipse in SC Aug 21. (Closing in on the fix for the electrical issues...)

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
You seem to have had more than your share of misfortune lately.
Having experienced something on the order of Nelson, my son once gave me a tee shirt with a picture of an anxious squirrel and the following text: It's all fun and games till somebody loses a nut!

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The onset of Nelson's infection was sudden. Took him in the day I noticed the severe swelling, antibiotics made no difference. Dropped him off the following day and picked him up the next.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
The onset of Nelson's infection was sudden. Took him in the day I noticed the severe swelling, antibiotics made no difference. Dropped him off the following day and picked him up the next.

The onset of my testicular damage/loss was also sudden... VERY SUDDEN -- as in when the Army jeep, on Fort Bragg, hit my small motorcycle head-on, Sorry only the Yamaha 180's high gas tank stopped my body's forward movement Superman confusion

Unlike Nelson, I was in the hospital much more than a day (and have required periodic surgeries ever since.
sorry... TMI and extreme thread drift.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post